Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashby 10:13 - Aug 1 with 7387 viewsFerryjack123

Him and Josh Key could turn out to be the most important signings of the summer and the key (pardon the pun) to our success this season.. let's hope we can get this one over the line hopefully today
Ashby on 12:45 - Aug 3 with 2404 viewsjack247

Quality loan signings, as much as some people feel they block youngsters paths, are critical if we’re to have any chance of top 6.

This is something that Cooper got very right, he got to the playoffs twice and who knows what would have happened if we hadn’t been so unlucky with Morgan Gibbs-White. Whether we’re accrediting loan signings to Martin or not, they were nowhere near as good under his tenure. Wolf, Christie and Laird were the best of the bunch, but nowhere near Guehi, Brewster, Gallagher.

On the face of it at least, Rushworth and Ashby look like great acquisitions. Time will tell.
Ashby on 06:56 - Aug 4 with 2163 viewsWhiterockin

Looking for it to be completed this morning.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/the-newcastle-uni

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Ashby on 07:12 - Aug 4 with 2152 viewsDr_Winston

Ashby on 12:45 - Aug 3 by jack247

Quality loan signings, as much as some people feel they block youngsters paths, are critical if we’re to have any chance of top 6.

This is something that Cooper got very right, he got to the playoffs twice and who knows what would have happened if we hadn’t been so unlucky with Morgan Gibbs-White. Whether we’re accrediting loan signings to Martin or not, they were nowhere near as good under his tenure. Wolf, Christie and Laird were the best of the bunch, but nowhere near Guehi, Brewster, Gallagher.

On the face of it at least, Rushworth and Ashby look like great acquisitions. Time will tell.

Definitely. Two or three quality loan signings can tip the balance from a capable squad to a good one. A really exceptional player can do the same for a starting XI. Borini did so for us in 2011.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ashby on 09:42 - Aug 4 with 2066 viewsjack247

Ashby on 07:12 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

Definitely. Two or three quality loan signings can tip the balance from a capable squad to a good one. A really exceptional player can do the same for a starting XI. Borini did so for us in 2011.

Borini is a cracking example. I believe Gibbs-White may have had a similar uplifting effect.

Obviously they’ve got to be game changers or we are better off with our own players.

The noise around both Ashby and Rushworth gives me optimism, but then again I was excited when we signed Hourihane.
Ashby on 13:12 - Aug 4 with 1932 viewsWhiterockin

Signed on official site.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Ashby on 18:26 - Aug 4 with 1797 viewsnyc_swans

so i haven't been paying close attention to this, but what's his story?

cautiously optimistic but the fact he doesn't have senior experience (only 1 game?) is slightly troubling if he's going to be dropped right into a starting place.
Ashby on 19:01 - Aug 4 with 1749 viewsshingle

So Ashby and Key will be the difference between failure and success one wonders why their clubs do not want them, please just stop these silly remarks and wait and see what happens ffs.
Ashby on 00:28 - Aug 5 with 1642 viewsjackrmee

Ashby on 19:01 - Aug 4 by shingle

So Ashby and Key will be the difference between failure and success one wonders why their clubs do not want them, please just stop these silly remarks and wait and see what happens ffs.

Their clubs do/did want them.
Newcastle only just signed Ashby for £3m and Exeter offered key a new contract which he refused

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Ashby on 18:54 - Aug 5 with 1498 viewsshingle

Ashby on 00:28 - Aug 5 by jackrmee

Their clubs do/did want them.
Newcastle only just signed Ashby for £3m and Exeter offered key a new contract which he refused

Newcastle do not want him playing for them at the moment at least, or they would not loan him out and Exeter made him an offer that he had no problem refusing so they are not exactly falling over themselves are they, so as i say wait and see how they do for us instead of making comments like they will make the difference between success and failure when neither have yet to do anything anywhere to warrant talk like that.
Ashby on 21:02 - Aug 5 with 1407 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Ashby on 18:54 - Aug 5 by shingle

Newcastle do not want him playing for them at the moment at least, or they would not loan him out and Exeter made him an offer that he had no problem refusing so they are not exactly falling over themselves are they, so as i say wait and see how they do for us instead of making comments like they will make the difference between success and failure when neither have yet to do anything anywhere to warrant talk like that.

Newcastle don’t need Ashby at the moment due to having Kieran Trippier
Very highly rated there by management and fans but needs games

Key needed to play at a higher level

Both have potential to be big players for us whether it turns out that way or not

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Ashby on 22:20 - Aug 5 with 1335 viewsModeratorD

Key was man of the match for me today
Excellent performance..
Looked really comfortable on the ball and certainly not out of place at this level
Ashby on 23:35 - Aug 5 with 1259 viewsRichardO

Ashby on 22:20 - Aug 5 by ModeratorD

Key was man of the match for me today
Excellent performance..
Looked really comfortable on the ball and certainly not out of place at this level

Good pace to recover situations, with better support he could of had a bigger influence on the game, caused problems for the opposition compounded when Cullen came on, he also didn't look out of place at this level.
One point to note this five sub nonsense just creates chaos nice to see Duff taking a measured approach to the substitutions.
Ashby on 23:42 - Aug 5 with 1254 viewsBadlands

If Darling stays he and Ashby need to spend a lot of time working on building an understanding. That side was weak today.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ashby on 00:06 - Aug 6 with 1240 viewsSTID2017

Ashby on 23:42 - Aug 5 by Badlands

If Darling stays he and Ashby need to spend a lot of time working on building an understanding. That side was weak today.

The team had a few new players so only to be expected.
Not a vintage performance by any means but plenty of positives.
Certainly far too soon to start getting on players back.
Must say very pleased to see Grimes with the shackles off not doing triangles for the sake of it

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Ashby on 09:20 - Aug 6 with 1112 viewsunion_jack

Ashby on 00:06 - Aug 6 by STID2017

The team had a few new players so only to be expected.
Not a vintage performance by any means but plenty of positives.
Certainly far too soon to start getting on players back.
Must say very pleased to see Grimes with the shackles off not doing triangles for the sake of it

Grimes needs to develop the habit if looking forward more than back. Good signs yesterday but still needs a bit more work.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ashby on 18:16 - Aug 6 with 1013 viewsshingle

Ashby on 21:02 - Aug 5 by PatchesOHoulihan

Newcastle don’t need Ashby at the moment due to having Kieran Trippier
Very highly rated there by management and fans but needs games

Key needed to play at a higher level

Both have potential to be big players for us whether it turns out that way or not

That is what i said they do not need him they also have cover for Trippier so they do not even want Ashby as cover.
Ashby on 18:27 - Aug 6 with 992 viewsraynor94

Ashby on 18:16 - Aug 6 by shingle

That is what i said they do not need him they also have cover for Trippier so they do not even want Ashby as cover.

It's not a case of not wanting him as cover, he's a young man who needs game time.

And Key refused a new contract.

You do like to try and put a dampner on things.

What did you think of Key yesterday?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ashby on 18:08 - Aug 7 with 863 viewsshingle

Ashby on 18:27 - Aug 6 by raynor94

It's not a case of not wanting him as cover, he's a young man who needs game time.

And Key refused a new contract.

You do like to try and put a dampner on things.

What did you think of Key yesterday?

He did ok, one of our better players on the day.
Ashby on 18:18 - Aug 7 with 848 viewsraynor94

Ashby on 18:16 - Aug 6 by shingle

Of course they need these players, but let them out to gain experience.

Guehi Gibbs White and Gallagher to name 3

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ashby on 18:10 - Aug 8 with 720 viewsshingle

Ashby on 18:18 - Aug 7 by raynor94

Of course they need these players, but let them out to gain experience.

Guehi Gibbs White and Gallagher to name 3

We are talking about now and not the future of course they need the experience and are not good enough currently to play for there clubs that is why there clubs do not currently want them playing for them because they are currently not good enough, this is why the them being the difference between failure and success for us comment is a bit daft, are you now able to grasp what i am saying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024