Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 07:59 - Oct 26 with 11993 viewsGloucs_R

Who does everyone realistically want?

Available (or could be)..

Rowett
Eustace
Potter
Lampard (🤭)
Dean Smith
Beale the snake
Nathan Jones
Big Sam
Warnock
Scott Parker
Chris Wilder
Ince
Bowyer
McCarthy
Pardew
Toure
Leam Richardson

Potter I would have in a heartbeat (no chance he'll come here though!!). Bowyer with Galen as DoF would be interesting. I know he's currently got a club

Let's be honest, it won't be anyone from overseas.

[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 8:03]

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 12:21 - Oct 26 with 2493 viewsG_Ottershaw

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 09:20 - Oct 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Perhaps the delay in changing GA is because they're using the same, seemingly slow moving firm of headhunters, they
instructed to find a DOF, and its taking them as long to find a manager.

if they can't afford to bin him off, and they can't afford the consultants fees to identify the next manager (as they clearly don't have the experience to do this themselves), can't they get someone in on a short term consultancy basis, and possibly on the quiet, to help him with his tactics ?
Dobbo is clearly not upto it, there must be some ex-managers out there that could say to him, look instead of that, you need to try this etc. You can ignore (if you choose) what i'm telling you, but it's your job on the line and part of your reputation at this club.
Rather than the constant manager merry go-round, i'd prefer to give him some help and if that doesn't work, then bin him off.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 12:24 - Oct 26 with 2491 viewsDeanoMD

Has to be Warnock till end of season then go again from there.

No point handing out another 3 year deal to someone and them getting sacked in January.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:06 - Oct 26 with 2341 viewsstevec

Can’t help thinking that if Ainsworth was going to be sacked then he’d have been sacked long before now.

One highly possible scenario is the owners, who will have been fully aware for months now what loss we actually ran up last season, know that we breached FFP by so much that it will be impossible to avoid a big points deduction later this season irrespective of what they don’t spend this season.

With that scenario, any incoming manager would have to be told of the situation and be fully aware that there is virtually no chance of turning the ship around this season. Rather than looking to gain another 40 odd points to stay up, it’s likely that we’d probably be looking at another 50 odd points to mitigate any deduction.

If that is where we are then GA will probably last as long as needed, maybe we’ll into next year, until we are in a position to plan for next season in League One.

It’s hard otherwise to see why he’s still in the job.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:16 - Oct 26 with 2306 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 11:42 - Oct 26 by aston_hoop

I'd like to see us be a bit ambitious, look outside the usual set of names and try something different. Someone who has a coaching background and can work with the players on the training ground and the pitch, someone with modern methods who understands how the top managers play football in 2023 rather than someone who once did it in 2015 or something. Someone who can make us more than the sum of our parts rather than less. Basically the kind of appointments other sides make. But not Mick Beale, someone else. I don't know who that is, but its not my job and anyway, Andy Belk will be the only person at the club presumably who'd have a shortlist of such names. Who knows if they'll ask him or just appoint Warnock on a 2 year deal and watch him leave in April.

Someone like Micah Hyde who would already know the calibre of the players. A hands on coach who encourages attractive football and knows about winning? I can see why it would be attractive right now.

The grass is always greener.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:16 - Oct 26 with 2306 viewsBucksRanger

Here's my outsider for the job.

Patrick van Leeuwen - was youth manager at Feyenoord and Shaktar Donetsk (Ukraine), managed at Maccabi Tel Aviv, Zorya Luhansk (Ukraine) and just left Shaktar Donetsk.

He would probably relish the chance to manage the Hoops after being in Israel and Ukraine for so long. Go on Rangers, give him a ring and see if he fancies managing this bag of snakes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_van_Leeuwen
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 13:21]
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:21 - Oct 26 with 2254 viewsRs_Holy

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 12:24 - Oct 26 by DeanoMD

Has to be Warnock till end of season then go again from there.

No point handing out another 3 year deal to someone and them getting sacked in January.

wonder if he has kept the lucky shorts???
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:27 - Oct 26 with 2210 viewsArcticHoop

Eustace, Rowett, Wilder N Jones (i know, but has done good job in this league)

I would be happy any of these
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:44 - Oct 26 with 2124 viewsMedwayR

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 12:14 - Oct 26 by Ranger_1969

1st choice - Eustace
2nd choice - Rowett

Alternatively, appoint Warnock until the end of the season and see who's available next summer.

Would also love to see Warbs back as DOF but doubt that will happen.

This.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:48 - Oct 26 with 2106 viewsderbyhoop

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:16 - Oct 26 by BucksRanger

Patrick van Leeuwen - was youth manager at Feyenoord and Shaktar Donetsk (Ukraine), managed at Maccabi Tel Aviv, Zorya Luhansk (Ukraine) and just left Shaktar Donetsk.

He would probably relish the chance to manage the Hoops after being in Israel and Ukraine for so long. Go on Rangers, give him a ring and see if he fancies managing this bag of snakes.

At last, some thinking outside the box.
Still, after warzone in Ukraine and Israel, managing QPR could be relaxing. Or out of frying pan, into fire.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:50 - Oct 26 with 2104 viewsactonman

Warnock is in reality the only sensible and viable option assuming he wants it !
Comes straight in with respect and experience and will only want a short contract until the end of season .
If warnock can’t get a tune out of this bunch of fking wasters then none of the other highlighted contenders will.
Stay up somehow and we have the rest of the season to plan for the next championship standard manager (yes I heard myself when I typed it)
Go down and we do the same without another manager on a fking 3 year contract to try and get us up after failure
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 14:03 - Oct 26 with 2063 viewsHooping_Mad

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 10:35 - Oct 26 by derbyhoop

To the original list you can add,
Slaven Bilic
Warburton
Xisco Munoz
Marco bielsa
Mark Hughes
Neil Harris

All of whom, I believe, are out of work

But then you ask
Why would they be interested
Would we want them in any case - Bruce, Allardyce, Beale, Hughes
What salary would they want. Hint we wont be paying top dollar or anywhere near it
Will they want a transfer budget for January. HINT 2 - we havent got a pot to p*** in

Mark Hughes

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 14:18 - Oct 26 with 2024 viewsDraytonR

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:44 - Oct 26 by MedwayR

This.

This
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 14:26 - Oct 26 with 1976 viewsLazyFan

Asmir? :P

zzzzzzzzzz

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 14:37 - Oct 26 with 1940 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:16 - Oct 26 by BucksRanger

Well if Kyiv and Gaza hasn't given him PTSD, he'll certainly be suffering from it come the home game against Southampton!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 14:45 - Oct 26 with 1906 viewsDejR_vu

Short term, cant see past Warnock, but suspect he wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Longer term, it would be nice to have look up whoever's announced and be pleasantly surprised by what's there. Never going to happen though
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 14:48]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 17:07 - Oct 26 with 1708 viewsPindarus

Gordon Jago. Simply the best. Not working at present. Would probably bring his own zimmer frame to save us a bob or two.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 17:22 - Oct 26 with 1665 viewsNed_Kennedys

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:50 - Oct 26 by actonman

Warnock is in reality the only sensible and viable option assuming he wants it !
Comes straight in with respect and experience and will only want a short contract until the end of season .
If warnock can’t get a tune out of this bunch of fking wasters then none of the other highlighted contenders will.
Stay up somehow and we have the rest of the season to plan for the next championship standard manager (yes I heard myself when I typed it)
Go down and we do the same without another manager on a fking 3 year contract to try and get us up after failure

If Gareth goes it has to be Warnock as the ONLY requirement for the job it to stay up this season.
Need experience of successfully fighting relegation and strong leadership as well: position to be reviewed in the summer and longer term appointment made with the knowledge of what division we are in.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 18:15 - Oct 26 with 1560 viewsStJude82

Agree with many others. Warnock for me. Till the end of the season. The Red Adare of relegation battles. Then appoint long term in May. Unless of course we were to reach the play offs. Not that anyone's expecting that.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 18:18]
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 18:22 - Oct 26 with 1534 viewsqpr_1968

joey bartons on the prowl.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 18:31 - Oct 26 with 1525 viewsngbqpr

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 13:21 - Oct 26 by Rs_Holy

wonder if he has kept the lucky shorts???

Still waiting for my email.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 18:41 - Oct 26 with 1502 viewsflynnbo

Taking Sharon for a drive round Richmond Park reminding her of the lovely walks and deer.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 18:50 - Oct 26 with 1489 viewsMedwayR

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 18:41 - Oct 26 by flynnbo

Taking Sharon for a drive round Richmond Park reminding her of the lovely walks and deer.

Fenton!!!

Poll: Who’s better?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 19:00 - Oct 26 with 1450 viewsSteveB

I thought that it was already a done deal (according to the former Twitterati, what does that make them now X-erati?) Ainsworth takes it on the chin for the inevitable hammering we are bound to receive, then all hail G. Rowett mid-next week?

I want & demand a Warnock appointment. Lets get the band back together boys...
You in Paddy? Adel can still do a job at this level. Dykes will be our new HH.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 20:32 - Oct 26 with 1325 viewsstrikerace

I guess I'm the only one who wants Warbs back?
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 21:21 - Oct 26 with 1261 viewsnumptydumpty

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 20:32 - Oct 26 by strikerace

I guess I'm the only one who wants Warbs back?

There's a few of us.

And us smart Alecs that said at the time, we should keep Warburton on very long term contract take no pleasure in being sadly right, that was a massive mistake.

He won't come back though.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024