Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread 10:12 - Dec 15 with 50522 viewsE17hoop

We will remain unbeaten and a sound away point.

0-0

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:02 - Dec 15 with 13101 viewsBoston

Are Wednesday weak?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:34 - Dec 15 with 13020 viewswelwynranger

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:02 - Dec 15 by Boston

Are Wednesday weak?

No it's not Wednesday week its next ⅘Saturdsy
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:09 - Dec 15 with 12986 viewsQPRConor2000

Hillsborough's pitch is quite big, so it might suit us a bit.

Sheff Wed I expect to attack from the off as they need the points more than we do on the balance of things, but I do think we are capable of stopping them.

Will be a tough game, but I think we can win it, so I'm going for a 2-0 win.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 17:10]
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:14 - Dec 15 with 12972 viewsdmm

I remain determinedly optimistic with a 1-0 win, a fourth clean sheet and rising above the relegation zone.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:52 - Dec 15 with 12935 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2-1 Rangers.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 20:10 - Dec 15 with 12863 viewsHarbour

2-0 Rangers Dykes to score first
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 20:48 - Dec 15 with 12794 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:09 - Dec 15 by QPRConor2000

Sheff Wed I expect to attack from the off as they need the points more than we do on the balance of things, but I do think we are capable of stopping them.

Its three or four yards longer than LR, but actually a yard narrower. Not sure that'll affect anything unless we were going there as a long-ball side with a tendency to overhit our passes at home.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 23:00 - Dec 15 with 12716 viewscolinallcars

I'm thinking the disappointment of Wednesday's game may spur the players onto better things tomorrow.
Touch and go, methinks but with us coming away with a narrow win.
Login to get fewer ads

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 23:22 - Dec 15 with 12678 viewsRangersw12

Four nil Rangers 💪
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 00:06 - Dec 16 with 12624 viewsBoston

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:09 - Dec 15 by QPRConor2000

Loftus Rd
112 x 72 yards.

Hillsborough
115 x 75 yards.

In foreign muck that's 102 x 66 and 105.16 x 68.58.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 00:09 - Dec 16 with 12628 viewsBrianWilson

Think we will lose 2-1 but a temporary setback. 4 points from SH/Millwall.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 09:14 - Dec 16 with 12455 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

JCS, Cannon and Smith to return hopefully, so maybe strengthened significantly.
A little worried the central area of midfield still looks weak, we were overrun by Plymouth, albeit through our own mistakes, but Hull also dominated long spells. Maybe EDB to start instead of Dozzy Dozzell.

As an aside, is there a Pantheon of LFW match day thread starter greats? Win this game and surely E17hoop has to enter it!

Happy with a point away, delighted if we could win. 2-0 Rangers.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:17 - Dec 16 with 12367 viewsSpaceman_P

I'm going for a difficult game and a 1 nil win.... Dykes will grab the goal, it'll be another one of those goals, you can't believe he put away but miraculously he does. He'll also miss a sitter too.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:26 - Dec 16 with 12339 viewsAndybrat

In you we trust E17. Team selection again interesting, hope he goes fora a 4231, wondering who exactly the 2 may be. Sam did look off it against Hull and reading the thread the same against Plymouth but Dozzell surely will be on the bench as part of rotation. Illias in between Smyth and Willy. Win 2-0, lots of wins on this thread.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:44 - Dec 16 with 12302 viewsSuperhoops2808

Confident of a 2-1 win today

Dykes & Willock to score
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:04 - Dec 16 with 12269 viewssmudgehoop

Ragers to win 2-1 with Smyth to start and score

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:21 - Dec 16 with 12230 viewssdm19994

Where is everyone drinking today then? En route
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:25 - Dec 16 with 12221 viewsT_Block

The team has not changed enough in terms of personnel to convince me yet that it has improved enough to go on a losing streak.So this is a real test-for me the first after the inevitable new manager bounce.What is the character,strength of personality of this team.Still wobbles and feeble in my opinion.
We will see but I am really not convinced at all.

This is a criticism of the players only.

Manager has impressed,but I fear he will find out the hard way about some of this team.

Of the team only Dykes and Chair appear of the right mentality.

They have to understand every week is a cup final
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:26 - Dec 16 with 12204 viewsBoston

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:04 - Dec 16 by smudgehoop

Ragers to win 2-1 with Smyth to start and score

'Ragers'...spot on smudge, the very spirit we need.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:27 - Dec 16 with 12208 viewsdmm

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 09:14 - Dec 16 by Wilkinswatercarrier

JCS, Cannon and Smith to return hopefully, so maybe strengthened significantly.
A little worried the central area of midfield still looks weak, we were overrun by Plymouth, albeit through our own mistakes, but Hull also dominated long spells. Maybe EDB to start instead of Dozzy Dozzell.

As an aside, is there a Pantheon of LFW match day thread starter greats? Win this game and surely E17hoop has to enter it!

Happy with a point away, delighted if we could win. 2-0 Rangers.

You've laid out the team I hope and expect to see, although I wouldn't be surprised if Cook was rested with Dunne taking his place.

I have wondered when/if Armstrong gets a start. Cifuentes seems to want to see every player fully tested and Armstrong has only played off the bench a few times.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:48 - Dec 16 with 12163 viewsDesertBoot

I’ve a feeling this will be a very open game with both sides at it from the off. 2-1 win for the Hoops.

Wish I could be like David Watts

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:40 - Dec 16 with 12019 viewsloftus77

Its an absolute must-win game for Sheff Wed. I think we'll have to work very hard to even get a point here. 2'-1 to them.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 13:09 - Dec 16 with 11941 viewsDiscodroids

I, being of sound mind, Declare a 3-3 scoring draw with Taylor Richards scoring all three.

Taylor's 3 goals will be achieved through the use of event horizon advanced techniques in the invention of his body shapes. Time slippage expermentation in tangent with the Doctor Manhatten tachyonic particle seperation paradox , will allow Taylor to invent new superluminal body shapes, within the Braydon quantum Field .

By making his physical being indivisable across many areas of the pitch, principally in the wide areas and exposed Channels of Sheffield Wednesdays back four, Taylors oscillating luxons will free up limitless body shapes, which he has invented, in perpetuity.

I believe this statement to be true.

Signed,
Napoleon Bonaparte 16/12/23,
C/O HMP Rampton,
E-Wing Beast unit,
(Segregation).
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 13:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 13:34 - Dec 16 with 11847 viewsstevec

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 13:09 - Dec 16 by Discodroids

I, being of sound mind, Declare a 3-3 scoring draw with Taylor Richards scoring all three.

Taylor's 3 goals will be achieved through the use of event horizon advanced techniques in the invention of his body shapes. Time slippage expermentation in tangent with the Doctor Manhatten tachyonic particle seperation paradox , will allow Taylor to invent new superluminal body shapes, within the Braydon quantum Field .

By making his physical being indivisable across many areas of the pitch, principally in the wide areas and exposed Channels of Sheffield Wednesdays back four, Taylors oscillating luxons will free up limitless body shapes, which he has invented, in perpetuity.

I believe this statement to be true.

Signed,
Napoleon Bonaparte 16/12/23,
C/O HMP Rampton,
E-Wing Beast unit,
(Segregation).
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 13:17]

Vogue, Vogue, Vogue, Vogue.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 14:01 - Dec 16 with 11719 viewsconnell10

1-1 and I'd take that .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024