Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MACHEDA 09:59 - Jan 18 with 3407 viewsgazza1

Early prognosis.....

Only played a couple of times for the R's but what I have seen this is another very poor NW signing - apart from a couple of crosses at MK Dons(a) he has been very poor indeed......not sure he even wants to be here tbh.
MACHEDA on 10:08 - Jan 18 with 2671 viewsNorthernr

Perhaps slightly harsh but I wasn't a fan before he arrived and have seen little to change my mind so far. First touch of a registered sex offender.
MACHEDA on 10:12 - Jan 18 with 2642 viewsgazza1

MACHEDA on 10:08 - Jan 18 by Northernr

Perhaps slightly harsh but I wasn't a fan before he arrived and have seen little to change my mind so far. First touch of a registered sex offender.

Harsh Norf.....fair 'punter' me, very fair

If he starts on Saturday against Wigan then we are in trouble.
MACHEDA on 10:13 - Jan 18 with 2636 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

MACHEDA on 10:16 - Jan 18 with 2610 viewsadhoc_qpr

He wasn't exactly terrifying a league one defence was he? But then again the service into him was non existant.

He certainly doesn't seem to offer anymore then the Blackpool version of DJ Cambell had - but unfortunately we seem to have inherited a shadow of that player.

MACHEDA on 10:17 - Jan 18 with 2607 viewsjonno

Agree with Gazza. Not what we need.
MACHEDA on 10:18 - Jan 18 with 2589 viewswombat

MACHEDA on 10:16 - Jan 18 by adhoc_qpr

He wasn't exactly terrifying a league one defence was he? But then again the service into him was non existant.

He certainly doesn't seem to offer anymore then the Blackpool version of DJ Cambell had - but unfortunately we seem to have inherited a shadow of that player.

jurys out for me , he is quick but as usual we dont seem to be able to play the sort of ball i think he needs (inside the fullback)

defo not gonna get us the 15 goals we need to stay up thats for sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

MACHEDA on 10:20 - Jan 18 with 2581 viewsWatfordR

How long is it since we've had a striker playing up front rather than a forward? Someone whose only interest in the game is sticking the ball in the net?
MACHEDA on 10:21 - Jan 18 with 2573 viewsElHoop

Plenty of intellectual stuff here i see.

I still think that he could be good for us, but we don't seem to know what to do with him.

I certainly don't think that he was any worse than anyone else last night.

Warnock used him on the left in the second half and he gave their right back a lot of grief and at the same time prevented him doing much damage going forward through regularly tracking back. Last night the right back had acres of space which he used to his advantage. SWP wasn't doing anything like the job that Macheda did in the second half up there, and seemed unable to pick up the right back when he did track back. In this respect you could say that Warnock was well ahead of Hughes tactically. Hughes just let the situation continue down their right side - acres of space. No wonder the right back looked good. They never gave Young that sort of space.

Login to get fewer ads

MACHEDA on 10:22 - Jan 18 with 2559 viewsgazza1

MACHEDA on 10:20 - Jan 18 by WatfordR

How long is it since we've had a striker playing up front rather than a forward? Someone whose only interest in the game is sticking the ball in the net?

Very cryptic Hornet....what do you mean???

Is the answer Gallen???
MACHEDA on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 2523 viewswestberksr

MACHEDA on 10:22 - Jan 18 by gazza1

Is the answer Gallen???

possibly Spencer
MACHEDA on 10:31 - Jan 18 with 2518 viewsWatfordR

MACHEDA on 10:22 - Jan 18 by gazza1

Is the answer Gallen???

Nope, it certainly isn't. But even if it was, that's still bloody ages ago! I know they come at a premium, but people like Defoe, Kevin Phillips. You don't find these guys pulling out wide to support an attack, they are living on the shoulder of defenders looking for the ball in behind, or the first opportunity to get into the box and six yard area to get a chance to score.

Thought Campbell might have done this kind of job for us, but it seems things haven't worked out that way.
MACHEDA on 10:32 - Jan 18 with 2504 viewsadhoc_qpr

MACHEDA on 10:20 - Jan 18 by WatfordR

Andy Thomsen?

Macheda and Bothroyd both spent too much time playing deep and getting involved in the build up play.

The few times we got round the back of them, no one was in the box and we had to keep checking back rather than crossing from the byline (Luke Young did this 7-8 times).

Until we add a bit more midfield guile, we are better off with HH's direct approach, as we won't create many chances for the likes of Macheda.
MACHEDA on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 2494 viewsgazza1

MACHEDA on 10:31 - Jan 18 by WatfordR

Nope, it certainly isn't. But even if it was, that's still bloody ages ago! I know they come at a premium, but people like Defoe, Kevin Phillips. You don't find these guys pulling out wide to support an attack, they are living on the shoulder of defenders looking for the ball in behind, or the first opportunity to get into the box and six yard area to get a chance to score.

Thought Campbell might have done this kind of job for us, but it seems things haven't worked out that way.

Wish 'Arry would sell us Defoe.......
MACHEDA on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 2494 viewssexton

Adel has adapted his game to look for the sliderule pass through the defence.

Will he get a chance though? He can't play in a 4-4-2 which is allegedly what Hughes favours. Neither can Faurlin come to that.
MACHEDA on 10:35 - Jan 18 with 2474 viewsWatfordR

MACHEDA on 10:34 - Jan 18 by gazza1

Wish 'Arry would sell us Defoe.......

You and me both
MACHEDA on 10:37 - Jan 18 with 2465 viewsTheBlob

MACHEDA on 10:35 - Jan 18 by WatfordR

You and me both

On whom 'arry has just slapped a £20m price tag.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

MACHEDA on 10:37 - Jan 18 with 2457 viewsbaz_qpr

I think Adel can and showed that against Norwich. I do hope when he gets back which cannot come soon enough that he plays on the left, because he is capable of giving the service to Macheda and then we will see if he is up to it or whether he is just a rich mans Tamas Priskin
MACHEDA on 10:39 - Jan 18 with 2445 viewsWatfordR

MACHEDA on 10:37 - Jan 18 by baz_qpr

I think Adel can and showed that against Norwich. I do hope when he gets back which cannot come soon enough that he plays on the left, because he is capable of giving the service to Macheda and then we will see if he is up to it or whether he is just a rich mans Tamas Priskin

Prefer Traore on the left side of midfield myself.
MACHEDA on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 2438 viewsNeil_SI

It's the same old story here, he's a player who hasn't played a lot of football and it shows in his game and looks like the kind of player who needs to be at his absolute sharpest to utilise his skills.

He had a few encouraging moments where he suddenly changed the pace and tempo when he was on the ball, but he also has a touch of bambi about him. I thought he was better here than in the first game against MK Dons mind.

Obviously it doesn't help that the team has been struggling and low on confidence, so perhaps if we're in a more positive frame of mind it will help him too. I don't recall him getting any efforts in on goal though, or ever looking likely or desperate to.
MACHEDA on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 2429 viewsgazza1

Please dont talk about that 'spoilt brat' on this thread....thanks
MACHEDA on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 2416 viewsgjc104

MACHEDA on 10:40 - Jan 18 by gazza1

Please dont talk about that 'spoilt brat' on this thread....thanks

Looks poor, average, lightweight, not interested.
Not the answer, nor is Bothroyd.

Both a shy in front of goal so spend more time outside the box.

MACHEDA on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 2406 viewsbosh67

He is a bit more physical and tougher than I thought. There is something there with him but he needs to play off people rather than be far away. His positioning is poor but Hughes may be able to work on him. He is capable in the air, which is an area of coaching he obviously hasn't had yet. Shame is he is in a team that needs proven players, rather than developing ones.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

MACHEDA on 10:52 - Jan 18 with 2374 viewsPizanti

Reminds me of Di Carmine! ...enough said!
MACHEDA on 10:58 - Jan 18 with 2352 viewsDesertBoot

Lack of interest and doesn't look a goalscorer. Should be sent back to Old Trafford asap.

Wish I could be like David Watts

MACHEDA on 11:15 - Jan 18 with 2291 viewsTonto

I think next time he plays we should boo him. Then the first time he makes a istake, jump out of your seat and shout "geddim off ffs" (then repeat until he is actually taken off)

Im sure that will help.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024