Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOMEZ 10:28 - Jan 18 with 2278 viewsgazza1

Chat about MH is looking to perhaps sign him....strange one that but presumably he aint keen on our fat goalie Kenny.
GOMEZ on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 2261 viewsbaz_qpr

I think Kenny has looked a shadow of the player he was last season, reactions seem slower too
GOMEZ on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 2249 viewsWatfordR

Think Kenny may be struggling for fitness. His kicking last night was very, well, gentle shall we say.
GOMEZ on 10:36 - Jan 18 with 2231 viewsFlex

Kenny has one of the worst save percentages of any keeper in the prem, according to football 365, and I assume they took stats from Opta. Also, Kenny's distribution is average at best, however it appears that Hughes has instructed him to play it on the ground more often.

Gomez isn't the answer, good shot stopper, but far to error prone, doesn't command his area, and cannot organise a defense. 'Keeper is the least of our worries.

* Only Paul Robinson (52%) and Paddy Kenny (56%) have worse save conversion figures than Petr Cech (59%)
GOMEZ on 10:37 - Jan 18 with 2221 viewsWeaverQPR

GOMEZ on 10:30 - Jan 18 by baz_qpr

I think Kenny has looked a shadow of the player he was last season, reactions seem slower too

agree thought cerny should of kept his place tbh

@WeavQPR

GOMEZ on 10:38 - Jan 18 with 2216 viewsgazza1

I find it strange that Kenny was No1 for NW and MH obviously doesnt rate him whatsoever - understand that sort of thing happens for out field players but not goalkeepers......made a few little errors this season that has cost us but still does OK and the least of our problems atm.
GOMEZ on 10:46 - Jan 18 with 2197 viewsKevinPR

GOMEZ on 10:38 - Jan 18 by gazza1

I find it strange that Kenny was No1 for NW and MH obviously doesnt rate him whatsoever - understand that sort of thing happens for out field players but not goalkeepers......made a few little errors this season that has cost us but still does OK and the least of our problems atm.

Agreed!

Any budget we have in this window should not be spent on the goalkeeping department.
GOMEZ on 10:48 - Jan 18 with 2188 viewsTheBlob

Was going to argue that Paddy lacks height and presence ,but that would have manifested itself in the Championship as well?But it just seems to be so.Not sure Gomes is the perfect solution,bit of a Grobelaar ricketmeister at times.Would prefer Cudicini if available meself.There's a genuine lack of quality keepers around at the moment,same as strikers.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

GOMEZ on 11:09 - Jan 18 with 2166 viewsbaz_qpr

I think if you were to look at our last 10 games Paddy has either been injured or looks severely hampered.
Login to get fewer ads

GOMEZ on 11:15 - Jan 18 with 2144 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GOMEZ on 11:09 - Jan 18 by baz_qpr

I think if you were to look at our last 10 games Paddy has either been injured or looks severely hampered.

I hope that's the case, and that he recovers. Otherwise, he's form's off.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

GOMEZ on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 2130 viewsCanadaRanger

GOMEZ on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 2118 viewsHayesender

He does look unfit at the moment, but a fit Paddy Kenny is one of the best shot stoppers in the prem.

Think back to the spurs game, he was superb

Poll: Shamima Beghum

GOMEZ on 11:27 - Jan 18 with 2092 viewsjonno

GOMEZ on 11:09 - Jan 18 by baz_qpr

I thought he should have saved the first goal in the home game against Norwich TBH.
GOMEZ on 11:31 - Jan 18 with 2078 viewsgazza1

GOMEZ on 11:27 - Jan 18 by jonno

I thought he should have saved the first goal in the home game against Norwich TBH.

A few of my mates thought that....harsh imo, the bloke struck it well & it flew - but perhaps he should of gotten to it.
GOMEZ on 12:23 - Jan 18 with 2027 viewsjonno

GOMEZ on 11:31 - Jan 18 by gazza1

A few of my mates thought that....harsh imo, the bloke struck it well & it flew - but perhaps he should of gotten to it.

Nah, it wasn't hit that hard. I was surprised when it went in. Some of our players looked a bit surprised as well - mind you if they had bothered to close the bloke down properly he wouldn't have got the shot in in the first place.
GOMEZ on 14:26 - Jan 18 with 1946 viewsdaveB

he's not looked right since his injury. Gomes for all his clangers is a fantastic keeper
GOMEZ on 17:48 - Jan 18 with 1854 viewsSomersetHoops

I though Alvin Martin's lad's save from Buz's free kick was top drawer yesterday. so if we need backup/future GK might be worth thinking about at reasonable cost?

Who's Next?

GOMEZ on 18:52 - Jan 18 with 1777 viewsAunt_Nelly

GOMEZ on 11:21 - Jan 18 by Hayesender

He does look unfit at the moment, but a fit Paddy Kenny is one of the best shot stoppers in the prem.

Think back to the spurs game, he was superb

Back on the gear I reckon.
GOMEZ on 19:36 - Jan 18 with 1724 viewsqprmick

He was always in position in the Championship, he made it look easy. Now he gets 'done' easily.

Qprmick

GOMEZ on 19:54 - Jan 18 with 1690 viewswindsorhoop

GOMEZ on 18:52 - Jan 18 by Aunt_Nelly

Back on the gear I reckon.

You know whos the worse one for gear.

Rob Green. Got some mates who are well into the underground rave scene in london and Rob Green is regularly there off his nut. There was a pic knocking around with him gurning off his tits.

Strange how its only the shit players teams want to get rid of that get caught isn't it.
GOMEZ on 19:55 - Jan 18 with 1689 viewswindsorhoop

How does MH obviously not rate him? Have you spoken to MH then?

I've not read anything about MH not rating or heard anything?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024