Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England's fascination with young players 11:29 - Feb 7 with 1535 viewsDANRANGER

Thought I'd change the subject from all the Barton/Cisse/SWP bashing and talk about our fantastic international team!!!

I've read today that Oxlade Chamberlain is being lined up for the next England squad. When will we ever learn that we need to build a team first and not just hope the next bright talent is going to make the difference. IMO He should remain under 21 and learn his trade as he has had 3 or 4 games in a under performing Arsenal team and has looked decent. At this rate we will have another Walcott scenario on the cards.

Dyer and Sinclair at Swansea have performed all season and to be overlooked for Oxlade Chamberlain would be disappointing. Currently we have at least 6 decent options in the wide position who have played for many seasons now that deserve a run in the team (Young / Johnson / Milner / Lennon) ahead of him.

England will never win anything (probably should stop there) if we don't start building a team and not just throwing in the next big hope when they come along. Not since Venables has a player actually had time to bed into a team when not playing particularily well (Sheringham) so be nice if Capello leaves now and let someone who gives a shit have a go.
England's fascination with young players on 11:57 - Feb 7 with 1496 viewsWatford_Ranger

I agree with a lot of what you say but neither Dyer nor Sinclair have been particularly great consistently. People like Stan Collymore, as much as I think he's one of the better pundits, don't help when they heap praise on a player who has had one good game against high profile opposition.
England's fascination with young players on 12:20 - Feb 7 with 1480 viewsDANRANGER

England's fascination with young players on 11:57 - Feb 7 by Watford_Ranger

I agree with a lot of what you say but neither Dyer nor Sinclair have been particularly great consistently. People like Stan Collymore, as much as I think he's one of the better pundits, don't help when they heap praise on a player who has had one good game against high profile opposition.

I highlighted those 2 in comparison to Chamberlain but I agree that they are probably way down the pecking order compared to others I've mentioned. I think Chamberlain looks a great prospect but the last place he needs to be right now is with the main England squad.

This is where talksport doesn't help as they have so much air time to fill they can talk about any nonsense and continue to do so.
England's fascination with young players on 12:24 - Feb 7 with 1474 viewsNorthernr

Meh, long term planning takes effort. So much easier to proclaim a teenager as the new messiah and pin all your hopes on him.

Plus, we can have fun later destroying him systematically through the tabloid press.
England's fascination with young players on 12:39 - Feb 7 with 1458 viewsexiled_dictator

England's fascination with young players on 12:24 - Feb 7 by Northernr

Meh, long term planning takes effort. So much easier to proclaim a teenager as the new messiah and pin all your hopes on him.

Plus, we can have fun later destroying him systematically through the tabloid press.

He's not the Messiah ........

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024