Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capello resigns! 19:25 - Feb 8 with 12243 viewsgobbles

Stuart Pearce, time to step up!
Capello resigns! on 21:03 - Feb 8 with 1880 viewsWeAreQPR12

Capello resigns! on 20:52 - Feb 8 by nadera78

Be the same if Redknapp gets the job. Do you see him dropping Lampard?

As to Hodgson's time at Liverpool, they had an enormous squad that was actually pretty poor. They'd spent a fortune over the previous decade on players that ranged from sh*t to poor to average. And the scousers didn't want him, they gave him no support whatsoever. Wouldn't have mattered which manager got the job there he'd have been out in a couple of months.

Spot on mate and I agree with all of that.

I don't actually think King Kenny is pulling up to many tree's.

A very average side that imo is v overrated.
Capello resigns! on 21:22 - Feb 8 with 1849 viewsscot1963

Capello resigns! on 19:42 - Feb 8 by HollowayRanger

brilliant news and NO PAYOFF!!!!!!
No way the FA can let QPR be religated after this

gees WE JUST SAVED ENGLAND

NO MORE SCUMMY CAPTAIN OF CRAPPA MANAGER!

the comments he has made sound like he is suggesting constructive dismissal - his boss made his position so untenable that he was left no option but to resign
Capello resigns! on 21:25 - Feb 8 with 1843 viewsJamie

Redknapps first squad:

---------------Hart----------

Walker--King--Dawson--Cole----

Lennon--Parker--Lampard---Gerrard

--------Rooney-----Defoe------
Capello resigns! on 21:26 - Feb 8 with 1840 viewsbaz_qpr

Is Hiddink available? Ol Harry has more skeletons than the National History museum, they (the press) will get him eventually just like old el tel
Capello resigns! on 21:27 - Feb 8 with 1834 viewsdaveB

Capello resigns! on 21:26 - Feb 8 by baz_qpr

Is Hiddink available? Ol Harry has more skeletons than the National History museum, they (the press) will get him eventually just like old el tel

press never actually proved anything on el tel either but mud sticks.
Capello resigns! on 21:27 - Feb 8 with 1836 viewsscot1963

Capello resigns! on 19:50 - Feb 8 by Juzzie

So why didn't Capello step down when Terry was last stripped over the Captaincy due to his affair with Bridge's ex? Or is that OK because he made the decision and not the FA?

Seems like a convinient excuse to get out before he has another Tournament shambles on his CV.

and why would capello have any loyalty to terry anyway when it was terry supposedly who organised the failed coup against him before the first stripping - all very odd
Capello resigns! on 21:31 - Feb 8 with 1832 viewsNorthernr

Can people please be careful when mentioning Sven's name on LFW. Neil SI gets very ratty and it takes us ages to calm him down again. I spoke to him about Sven after the FA Youth Cup game three weeks ago and he's been permanently furious ever since.
Capello resigns! on 21:33 - Feb 8 with 1824 viewsJamie

Capello resigns! on 21:31 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Can people please be careful when mentioning Sven's name on LFW. Neil SI gets very ratty and it takes us ages to calm him down again. I spoke to him about Sven after the FA Youth Cup game three weeks ago and he's been permanently furious ever since.

I'm afraid when 'Arry recalls Beckham, we'll be hearing lots about Sven in the press...
Login to get fewer ads

Capello resigns! on 21:36 - Feb 8 with 1816 viewsbosh67

I would put Ollie in. But it may well be Rafa Benitez who they appoint.

Mike Bassett should get it

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Capello resigns! on 21:39 - Feb 8 with 1805 viewsHollowayRanger

if i could throw someone in there it be o'neil

the guy turns things round very quickly and could win the euros

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Capello resigns! on 21:39 - Feb 8 with 1805 viewsJamie

Also worth pointing out that despite the claims of 'Arry being a tactical genius, he bombed (statistically) the best English striker about out of Spurs and has tried Defoe, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko, VD Vaart, Adebayor & now Saha all of whom have less goals.

England will be in the position of their best goalscorer not being picked because 3 years ago he missed an open goal and 'Arry threw his toys out the pram.
Capello resigns! on 21:39 - Feb 8 with 1803 viewsKiwi76

Capello resigns! on 21:26 - Feb 8 by baz_qpr

He's certainly got plenty of Finals experience with sides of varying quality + could do a lot worse on short term deal with option to review after tournament?
Capello resigns! on 21:50 - Feb 8 with 1781 viewswestolian

Capello resigns! on 20:35 - Feb 8 by daveB

i think pearce could do ok and would do away with the big names and give the kids a go, Redknapp will stick with lampard, terry etc for now. No chance it will be Pearce though who has said before he is not ready for it.

no way should Hodgson get the job, West Brom are dire and will be lucky to stay up

^^THIS^^

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Capello resigns! on 21:55 - Feb 8 with 1772 viewsAntti_Heinola

Capello resigns! on 20:04 - Feb 8 by WeAreQPR12

Not sure where capello has ticked any boxes?

V negative style of football that doesn't suit the english game.

The fact that he never even managed to learn the english language, while earning his 6m a year is an utter disgrace imo and I for 1 am delighted he has gone.

i always smile when people say things about suiting the English game. Yeah! Passion! Up and at 'em! They don't like it up 'em! It's worked so well for years... oh, wait, no, we won something on one occasion, when wewere at home, in a tournament where we were lucky v Argentina in the quarters, pretty dreadful until the semis, (where we were very good, mainly thanks to Bobby Charlton being a genius), and won the final thanks in large part to a shot that didn't go in. The only other time we came close was in Italy where we were diabolical until the semi final and should have been knocked out by football titans Belgium and Cameroon. The only reason the Prem is any good is because of foreign imports. We haven't produced a title-winning manager since Bob Paisley!

Honestly!

Bare bones.

Capello resigns! on 21:56 - Feb 8 with 1768 viewsAntti_Heinola

Capello resigns! on 20:19 - Feb 8 by Northernr

To be fair I've stuck up for Vine hundreds of times on here because what's happened to him wasn't his fault - the leg break, the way it was treated etc. But for him to be talking about respect and people walking away is laughable.

Partly. Capello is a millionaire thanks to his lifetime in football. Not exactly the same with Vine, is it, however large his wages might be.

Bare bones.

Capello resigns! on 21:57 - Feb 8 with 1764 viewsAntti_Heinola

Capello resigns! on 20:35 - Feb 8 by daveB

i think pearce could do ok and would do away with the big names and give the kids a go, Redknapp will stick with lampard, terry etc for now. No chance it will be Pearce though who has said before he is not ready for it.

no way should Hodgson get the job, West Brom are dire and will be lucky to stay up

Did you watch any of the U21s last summer, Dave? With a great squad he managed to produce some of the most turgid, uninspiring, uninventive football I've seen in a while. Would be a hellish appointment.

Bare bones.

Capello resigns! on 21:59 - Feb 8 with 1758 viewsAntti_Heinola

Capello resigns! on 21:27 - Feb 8 by daveB

press never actually proved anything on el tel either but mud sticks.

Umm...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/47366.stm

Bare bones.

Capello resigns! on 22:06 - Feb 8 with 1743 viewsMonahoop

Give the job to Gazza. There'll be no shortage of entertainment then.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Capello resigns! on 22:06 - Feb 8 with 1741 viewsJamie

Capello resigns! on 21:56 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

Partly. Capello is a millionaire thanks to his lifetime in football. Not exactly the same with Vine, is it, however large his wages might be.

Presuming he has a modicum of financial sense, Rowan is a multi-millionaire just off of QPR.....
Capello resigns! on 22:07 - Feb 8 with 1739 viewsNorthernr

Capello resigns! on 22:06 - Feb 8 by Monahoop

Give the job to Gazza. There'll be no shortage of entertainment then.

Nah Gazza's Pr would need a lot of work, you wouldn't be able to call all the journos and supporters 'punters' who don't understand the game after a defeat.
Capello resigns! on 22:10 - Feb 8 with 1729 viewsbaz_qpr

Capello resigns! on 22:07 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Nah Gazza's Pr would need a lot of work, you wouldn't be able to call all the journos and supporters 'punters' who don't understand the game after a defeat.

Not sure we could find 11 hard working but useless english cloggers plying their trade in the premier league for him though
Capello resigns! on 22:12 - Feb 8 with 1726 viewsqueensparker

Just reported on BBC News that Capello earned TWENTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS in his time as England boss.

And what did he do other than pick the same side anyone in this country could have picked and mumble into post-match microphones?

I used to love following England, camping out at the tournaments etc, but his legacy has been to destroy the passion for the team in this country under his joyless, pointless reign.

Fantastic news, and proud it was all down to us. Everyone that wound up Chelsea that day - you helped get rid of Capello!

Capello resigns! on 22:16 - Feb 8 with 1714 viewsBasingstokeR

24 MILLION POUNDS! W T F!
Capello resigns! on 22:19 - Feb 8 with 1706 viewsbaz_qpr

In all seriousness though I am going to go against the grain and I dont think Harry is the right choice he's a manager that has got to where he is by wheeling and dealing and he is a great talent spotter, can he take finite resource and make it better I'm not sure not the same way that an O'neil or a Hiddink have proven to have done
Capello resigns! on 22:47 - Feb 8 with 1684 viewsAntti_Heinola

Capello resigns! on 22:19 - Feb 8 by baz_qpr

In all seriousness though I am going to go against the grain and I dont think Harry is the right choice he's a manager that has got to where he is by wheeling and dealing and he is a great talent spotter, can he take finite resource and make it better I'm not sure not the same way that an O'neil or a Hiddink have proven to have done

I'm not even sure he's that baz - just who has he signed with talent that most people were not aware of already? Very, very few of them. Wanted to get rid of Bale when he arrived at Spurs and was close to getting rid of Walker too. A very strange manager. I'd quite like to see him have a crack at England, for many reasons, none of which are that I think he's a very good manager.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024