Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capello resigns! 19:25 - Feb 8 with 12295 viewsgobbles

Stuart Pearce, time to step up!
Capello resigns! on 22:49 - Feb 8 with 1497 viewsAntti_Heinola

Capello resigns! on 22:06 - Feb 8 by Jamie

Presuming he has a modicum of financial sense, Rowan is a multi-millionaire just off of QPR.....

Well, you may know better than me, but I suspect he's on about £10k per week and has been for four years. Very much doubt he's a multi-millionaire off that, even taking into account a signing on fee. Plus, as has been hinted above, it hardly compares to Capello, which was my main point.

Bare bones.

Capello resigns! on 22:50 - Feb 8 with 1493 viewsHollowayRanger

HOW about one last try for wenger at end of season

arsenal outside top 4 aint won a trophy for 5-6-7 years gone stale time to go

end of day who ever it is HAS TO BE ABLE TO SPECK DA ENGLISH! not bloodly mumble how can any player at halftime be motivated by mumbles!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Capello resigns! on 22:54 - Feb 8 with 1489 viewsNorthernr

Capello resigns! on 22:49 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

Well, you may know better than me, but I suspect he's on about £10k per week and has been for four years. Very much doubt he's a multi-millionaire off that, even taking into account a signing on fee. Plus, as has been hinted above, it hardly compares to Capello, which was my main point.

HIGHER
Capello resigns! on 22:54 - Feb 8 with 1487 viewsPeterHucker

Capello resigns! on 22:50 - Feb 8 by HollowayRanger

HOW about one last try for wenger at end of season

arsenal outside top 4 aint won a trophy for 5-6-7 years gone stale time to go

end of day who ever it is HAS TO BE ABLE TO SPECK DA ENGLISH! not bloodly mumble how can any player at halftime be motivated by mumbles!

Warnock for England!

Not entirely serious but is he really much worse than Redknapp?
Capello resigns! on 23:23 - Feb 8 with 1463 viewsAntti_Heinola

Capello resigns! on 22:54 - Feb 8 by Northernr

HIGHER

how much higher?

Bare bones.

Capello resigns! on 23:34 - Feb 8 with 1463 viewsHollowayRanger

Capello resigns! on 22:54 - Feb 8 by Northernr

HIGHER

sir bruce manager of england!!!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Capello resigns! on 23:42 - Feb 8 with 1459 viewsdaveB

Capello resigns! on 21:39 - Feb 8 by Jamie

Also worth pointing out that despite the claims of 'Arry being a tactical genius, he bombed (statistically) the best English striker about out of Spurs and has tried Defoe, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko, VD Vaart, Adebayor & now Saha all of whom have less goals.

England will be in the position of their best goalscorer not being picked because 3 years ago he missed an open goal and 'Arry threw his toys out the pram.

he did the right thing selling Bent, got huge money for him and the team was begtter for it, fact is he took a poor Portsmouth team to promotion within a year, top half finishes and won a cup then took Spurs from bottom of the league to title challengers in 3 years, it's fair to say he must know what he is doing. A very good manager and perfect for England. Problem is the England team are shit so not really sure it matters who the manager is
Capello resigns! on 23:44 - Feb 8 with 1459 viewsdaveB

Capello resigns! on 21:57 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

Did you watch any of the U21s last summer, Dave? With a great squad he managed to produce some of the most turgid, uninspiring, uninventive football I've seen in a while. Would be a hellish appointment.

yeah agree they were terrible but not sure we have many options, has to be English this time and forever more so for me the only options are Redknapp, Pearce and Pardew.

I'm not sure about Pardew but he has done a good job at west ham and newcastle. Pearce should get the Holland game mainly as he works for them already then the FA should take their time and get the right man.
Login to get fewer ads

Capello resigns! on 23:53 - Feb 8 with 1452 viewsJamie

Capello resigns! on 23:42 - Feb 8 by daveB

he did the right thing selling Bent, got huge money for him and the team was begtter for it, fact is he took a poor Portsmouth team to promotion within a year, top half finishes and won a cup then took Spurs from bottom of the league to title challengers in 3 years, it's fair to say he must know what he is doing. A very good manager and perfect for England. Problem is the England team are shit so not really sure it matters who the manager is

And spent the best part of £100m at Pompey & the same again at Spurs...
Capello resigns! on 00:15 - Feb 9 with 1447 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Harry Redknapp (28 years) - 1 FA Cup, 1 Intertoto Cup
Stuart Pearce (15 years) - U21 Euros Runner-up
Roy Hodgson (40 years) - 7 Swedish Championships, 1 Danish Championship, 1 UEFA Cup Finalist (Inter Milan), 1 Europa League Finalist (Fulham)
Martin O'Neill (24 years) - 2 League Cups, 3 Scottish Championships.

The next England manager will get little support from the clubs, players, media or fans and will probably be a laughing stock within two or three years like the last three and several before that. The local contender with the most experience and the best record is Roy Hodgson. He did a good job with Switzerland, has forgotten more than the others ever knew about European football and is probably also the cheap option. Harry is popular. Martin O'Neill would do a good job. Stuart Pearce would be totally out of his depth.

Whoever gets the job has a major uphill battle. Uncooperative clubs, uncommitted players, unrealistic expectations, hostile media it is truly a poisoned chalice strictly for the patriotic optimist (mug) or highly paid foreign mercenary.

Capello resigns! on 00:17 - Feb 9 with 1447 viewsNorthLondonR

What is needed is someone with a scientific approach to coaching who understands the game inside out. Someone who will oversee the entire England set-up from U16's up to the full squad and bring in expertise to oversee the development of youth. For me that man has to be Wenger - he understands the technical side of the game and will get the team playing good, sound technique driven football.

Unfortunately our beloved 'arry has not got the science of football down to a tea and will simply rely on the old guard and our Wayne, not to mention Scott Parker (if he is the answer, then what the fck is the question? MoM ON Monday????? Based on the fact he kept winning the ball through continually giving it away in the first place) and then when it all goes wrong in one, two, three years time the media will execute the poor old codger, raking up the past and what will we have for the future?

The overiding argument for appointing our 'arry is that he will install passion, well someone like Tony Adams has that in spades and would be a great individual to learn off someone like Wenger. And please.....Stuart Pearce, I never wish to witness the shambles which was the u21's at this year's Euros ever again, the man is incompentence personified...I think it was he who coined the phrase "Carlos Kickaballs" as a nickname for Bergkamp despite it being attributed to Sugar........even bringing in a younger coach to work alongside Wenger would be a great shout.
Capello resigns! on 09:07 - Feb 9 with 1379 viewsericgen34

L'equipe has a poll on its site asking who should replace Capello, and the winner is:

Domenech: 62%

You know it makes sense...

Capello resigns! on 11:52 - Feb 9 with 1335 viewsJuzzie

Short term 'arry would probably do ok. New manager syndrome, players may step it up to play for 'arry (maybe even into Euro 2012) but long term I think he could be found out.

He's had one trophy success (and that was by spending huge amounts and bankrupting Portsmouth) and I think just the one promotion in 30 odd years.

As an International mamager, you can't buy players. No wheelin' and dealin' (not that he does that you know), no blank cheque books to get you out of trouble. Being an International manager will truely show your credentials as a manager.
More importantly, if he can't buy or sell players, how will he be able to cream off his commission/bonus etc?

Once the new manager syndrome has worn off and he has all the prima donna ego's to deal with and the abundance of dirth to choose from, normal service will resume with England lurching from one struggled qualifying campaign to another with a disasterous tournament inbetween.

Capello resigns! on 12:09 - Feb 9 with 1318 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd parachute in Guus Hiddink or Rafa Benitez on a 6 months contract to manage the team during the Euros and then reassess in the summer. You might be able to tempt Wenger or Mourinho in the summer.

'Arry will likely be awarded the job by the media and the FA will follow suit though - i wouldn't be too bothered by this but not the best choice.

Of the other English contenders:

Hodgeson is competant and well liked but already employed
Pearce is dreadful (see U21's for proof)
Curbs has been in semi-retirement for ages now
Warnock is too unpopular
Pardew not interested (only just restored his reputation)
Capello resigns! on 12:12 - Feb 9 with 1316 viewsbob566

just play that boro team from last night. All hungry young lads from their academy and maybe stick David Platt in charge. You'd be targeting probably the euro's after this one for success though.
Capello resigns! on 12:25 - Feb 9 with 1298 viewsTheBlob

Press conference on now.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Capello resigns! on 12:28 - Feb 9 with 1286 viewsGroveR

Get Otto Rehhagel on the firm and turn England into the Stoke of international football.
Capello resigns! on 12:28 - Feb 9 with 1285 viewsdaveB

Capello resigns! on 23:53 - Feb 8 by Jamie

And spent the best part of £100m at Pompey & the same again at Spurs...

he's spent nothing like that at Spurs.

As for Hodgson he would be a disaster. He looks on the verge of a mental breakdown at West Brom
Capello resigns! on 12:33 - Feb 9 with 1277 viewsA40Bosh

Capello resigns! on 19:35 - Feb 8 by Northernr

And the fall out of QPR v Chelsea continues. The effect on the English game of that one fixture has been amazing.

I was mentioning it to the Mrs last night.

Was it the case that someone watching on TV was able to lip read what JT said and made the complaint or was it someone in the ground?

The butterfly effect in the chaos theory.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Capello resigns! on 12:33 - Feb 9 with 1277 viewsTheBlob

Pearce in charge for Holland game.

Capello resigns! on 12:55 - Feb 9 with 1248 viewsW7Ranger

Sshhteve Mclarensh anyone'sh?
Capello resigns! on 13:02 - Feb 9 with 1246 viewsTheBlob

Why do they keep mentioning Pardew ffs?

Capello resigns! on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 1227 viewsJamie

Capello resigns! on 12:28 - Feb 9 by daveB

he's spent nothing like that at Spurs.

As for Hodgson he would be a disaster. He looks on the verge of a mental breakdown at West Brom

He's spent £169m at Spurs, and if you take out Berbatov who was on strike when Redknapp arrived and never played for him, his net spend is just under £100m...
Capello resigns! on 13:27 - Feb 9 with 1218 viewsNov77

And the England manager for the Holland game is...............................

a QPR fan!

(expect a few call ups from our squad now )

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Capello resigns! on 13:32 - Feb 9 with 1215 viewsTheBlob

'ang about.This speculation is bound to unhinge Spuds a bit.Might get a result against them now.Reckon Klinsman might be in the frame eventually.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024