Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
shape for next game 18:09 - Feb 11 with 1431 viewskarlski

putting aside the generally abject performance, i think what is clear about today is that Taarabt off the front man in 442 doesn't quite work. Zamora has said on many occasions he doesn't like playing up top by himself, and Adel is going to drift around, so the back four aren't put under enough pressure/there aren't bodies in the box. Tarbs works much better operating from a bit deeper with two ahead of him, because then the defenders have a lot more to worry about. Plus there are players ahead of him making runs for Adel to pick out - which he will, as he showed today.

Mackie...is probably the man to play up there with Zamora. He makes runs, gets into good positions. DJ would be the other option but is not fit. Helguson and Bothroyd too similar to Zamora.

If we can get the balance right and Hughes gets us together as a unit over the next two weeks, we MAY have a shot at staying in this league....

Centre mid...woeful.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
shape for next game on 20:09 - Feb 11 with 1382 viewsSomersetHoops

A semi-fit Buzsaky doesn't work with Barton, in fact I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can. I just hope Samba Diakite can hit the ground running when he eventually turns up. Buzsaky did his standing no good today, but would the improvement been the same or better if Barton was the one to go. Has any manager of QPR got the guts to take Barton off or even put him on the bench from the start.

SWP can't hit the target - does he practice shooting after a competitive run into a shooting position? does he ever hit the target when he practices that? - because if he can't he should be kept out on the right wing and just fire in crosses.

How many winnable games do we have to lose before its too late - or is it already too late?

Who's Next?

shape for next game on 20:25 - Feb 11 with 1355 viewsCHUBBS

shape for next game on 20:09 - Feb 11 by SomersetHoops

A semi-fit Buzsaky doesn't work with Barton, in fact I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can. I just hope Samba Diakite can hit the ground running when he eventually turns up. Buzsaky did his standing no good today, but would the improvement been the same or better if Barton was the one to go. Has any manager of QPR got the guts to take Barton off or even put him on the bench from the start.

SWP can't hit the target - does he practice shooting after a competitive run into a shooting position? does he ever hit the target when he practices that? - because if he can't he should be kept out on the right wing and just fire in crosses.

How many winnable games do we have to lose before its too late - or is it already too late?

I'd still be positive but for the run-in against teams we havn't even looked like getting a result against so far this season.
We have had nothing but bad luck this season but we've brought some of it on ourselves.
For me we had a fighting chance of staying up until Cisse gave away 3 points and ruled himself out of 3 1/2 games by being a thick idiot.
The real sickener is,if we stay up this i could see us having a stormer next season.
shape for next game on 22:51 - Feb 11 with 1302 viewskarlski

It's bizarre isn't it, i'm of the same opinion: stay up and I think we're set up to do quite well next season! But it's the first part that's in the balance..

Awful amount of expectation on Diakite but you're right, he could give us that bit of athleticism in the middle of the field we are sorely lacking...and maybe keep us ticking over like Faurlin did? Certainly he doesn't look like as accomplished a passer as Faurlin, but his presence could be a great help.

Buzz didn't play well today, but then he didn't look fit either. Has to be asked whether a successful Diakite and fully fit Buzz is better than Barton, who I maintain has done not very much at all for us. I know people say he has tried, and maybe he has (I haven't seen him make too many lung bursting runs - with or without the ball - myself, and he doesn't appear to be able to rally people around him), but the fact of the matter is he is not good enough defensively/athletically to provide any kind of decent shield to the back four, he's not good enough technically to be the heartbeat of the team like Faurlin was - he does try to orchestrate matters I suppose, but isn't good enough....and he's not got the right attacking instincts or lung capacity to provide effective support to strikers....so...what is he good for, is the question?

Rrgardless of the answer, he IS all we've got, so I will support him but I'm fast running out of the belief that there is a good player in there (when we signed him I thought despite his off-field troubles he was a good player).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024