Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
starting 11/formation 14:03 - Mar 20 with 1600 viewsDANRANGER

So how do we go about staying in the PL? Assuming that Barton won't ever be dropped but needing to accomodate Taarabt and get him in good areas do we knock our wide players on the head and play :
Young/Onouha/Ferdinand/Traore
Barton/Diakite/Buz
Tarbs
Cisse/Zamora

We have no option IMO but to go at teams especially at home and SWP/Mackie are not performing over 90 mins so would be better served as impact players for now so I'd like to see us try the above. Although Hill deserves to keep his place I'd go with this defence as by playing a more expansive game we'd need the pace it can offer.

Discuss.
starting 11/formation on 15:10 - Mar 20 with 1560 viewsbaz_qpr

Cerny

Young / Onouhra / Hill / Traore

Buzzacky / Diakete / Barton

---------------------------------------Tarrabt

Zamora / Cisse

So 4-3-1-2 Buzz wide right as he can cross a ball and take a set piece, Taraabt on the left further forward with freedom to roam Traore pushing up into midfield when attacking, Young playing a more disciplined defensive role, Zamora drifting to the right channel and Cisse stright down the middle on the last man
starting 11/formation on 15:19 - Mar 20 with 1539 viewsW7Ranger

Hey Dan, are you that confident of your team/formation that we don't need a keeper? Or are you expecting a red card??? Not beyond the realms of probabilities is it???
starting 11/formation on 15:27 - Mar 20 with 1524 viewsbosh67

Personally I don't think it makes much difference if we go down or stay up. We need a major clear out whichever way. Having seen what Swansea and Norwich have done I think it's more about style of play than personnel, particularly with Swansea. I would cull a lot of the so called big players, sell them off regardless and build a team that a. can get along b. not have egos c. listen to what's being said d. will give 100% blood and thunder every game. That means bringing back players that care because they will always give more and ultimately cost less. I would raid other Prem and Championship teams for under 21 players and extend the low cost base of talent available over the 25 in the squad. I would keep Onuoha, Diakite and fight to keep Cisse as captain next season.

I would keep some of the old guard, Cerny, Shittu, Derry, Hill, Smith, Buzz, Helguson as experience and with Faurlin hopefully back you have a decent spine with the younger kids coming through. Keep Adel, Troare, Mackie, Hogan (play him as a striker which is what he is) and you have guile and sweat. If I was the manager this would be my 25.

I would bring in Adam Smith from Spurs and Mitrovic from Chelsea. I would give Sutherland his break and Ehmer. I'd scout out another 8-10 youngsters from other clubs and get them in on 2 year contracts or loans and play a style allied to Swansea and get the team passing better. The squad below may not be the best technically but they would be affordable and I reckon be a better week in week out squad for guts and passion than this season's crop.

Next season 25 man squad (in my world)

Kenny / Murphy / Cerny

Adam Smith (new) / Ramage / Ehmer / Shittu / Onuoha / Hill / Gabbidon / Traore

Mackie / Smith / Faurlin / Diakite / Buzsaky / Derry / Taraabt / Andrade

Helguson / Cisse / Ephraim / Campbell / Sutherland / Marko Mitrovic (new)

Would look to bring in lots of academy kids under 21 for the bench.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

starting 11/formation on 16:37 - Mar 20 with 1477 viewsDANRANGER

starting 11/formation on 15:19 - Mar 20 by W7Ranger

Hey Dan, are you that confident of your team/formation that we don't need a keeper? Or are you expecting a red card??? Not beyond the realms of probabilities is it???

GK not really relevant to my point of attacking each game and we only have one choice anyway don't we? No more red cards this season please.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024