Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes 13:12 - Aug 13 with 8510 viewsimustbemad

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/7987268/singh-apologises-to-
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 13:18 - Aug 13 with 7294 viewscalders

He looks like a Steve coogan character.
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 13:19 - Aug 13 with 7276 viewsNorthernr

That club is nuts, and that bloke especially.
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 13:22 - Aug 13 with 7251 viewsbarbicanranger

Jack Walker must be stirring...
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 13:23 - Aug 13 with 7248 viewswestberksr

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 13:19 - Aug 13 by Northernr

That club is nuts, and that bloke especially.

had this happened 3 years ago; you'd have got very short odds that it would almost certainly have involved us
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 13:24 - Aug 13 with 7236 viewsimustbemad

I know we were bad, very bad, especially during the Fat Boy slim aka Briatore era but this is a notch above imo
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 13:27 - Aug 13 with 7222 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 13:23 - Aug 13 by westberksr

had this happened 3 years ago; you'd have got very short odds that it would almost certainly have involved us

Thank our lucky stars for TF etc and Mark Hughes.

It's got to be Yarg

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 13:30 - Aug 13 with 7199 viewsMonahoop

Grovelling aside, I reckon Singh and his cronies really do mean what they say. I bet Kean will be gone before Christmas if Blackburn are not in a promotion or play off place by then. There's a very good chance they won't be too. A complete shambles. Another dark season ahead for Rovers fans again I feel.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 16:24 - Aug 13 with 6971 viewsTacticalR

What a horrible mess.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 16:52 - Aug 13 with 6910 viewsToast_R

All very sad but....

Aint you glad we don't have to go up there for a while?

League 1 beckons...

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 18:05 - Aug 13 with 6820 viewsThaiHoop

Been living over here for 7 years now and Singh is a regular pundit on ESPN here. When my mates and I saw he had become director of football at Blackburn we could not believe it.....he is an utter tool who is a long running joke amongst even the other pundits! One of his favourites has been advocating Steve Gerrard as England's right back for as long as I can remember (I thought Steve McMahon was gonna punch him live on air over that one!).

Believe me, the bloke makes Paladini look like a footballing God....Blackburn are royally fooked!!!!!!
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 18:26 - Aug 13 with 6763 viewsTacticalR

It was said that the Venky's didn't know there was relegation from the Premier League. Has anyone told them that there is relegation from the Championship?

Air hostess clique

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 19:09 - Aug 13 with 6705 viewsEastR

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 18:05 - Aug 13 by ThaiHoop

Been living over here for 7 years now and Singh is a regular pundit on ESPN here. When my mates and I saw he had become director of football at Blackburn we could not believe it.....he is an utter tool who is a long running joke amongst even the other pundits! One of his favourites has been advocating Steve Gerrard as England's right back for as long as I can remember (I thought Steve McMahon was gonna punch him live on air over that one!).

Believe me, the bloke makes Paladini look like a footballing God....Blackburn are royally fooked!!!!!!

Just to add to what Thai has said

I lived in that part of the world until recently, and the Star Sports punditry line up consisted of this muppet, plus some anonymous school teacher who once played for Billericay, as well as a bloke called Paul Masefield who ‘s career 'highlight' adds up to twenty odd appearances for Bromsgrove Rovers.

And good old Shebby was the joker of the pack - he has the tactical insight and expertise of a bar steward footballing child of Crooks and Claridge

My heart bleeds for Blackburn. Almost.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 19:48 - Aug 13 with 6624 viewskensalriser

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 18:26 - Aug 13 by TacticalR

It was said that the Venky's didn't know there was relegation from the Premier League. Has anyone told them that there is relegation from the Championship?

I've always believed this to be an urban myth and will continue to do so until someone provides irrefutable proof to the contrary.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 20:04 - Aug 13 with 6590 viewsHayesender

Bollox to Blackburn.

It was they who started this paying silly money, and very soon they'll be back in their rightful place among the lower divisions.

I for one will not miss having to go to that backwater hovel for a long long while!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 20:31 - Aug 13 with 6534 viewsCogster

it was all over from this point on..

edited to add. the 'good for you slogan' kills me
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 10:10 - Aug 14 with 6338 viewsTacticalR

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 19:48 - Aug 13 by kensalriser

I've always believed this to be an urban myth and will continue to do so until someone provides irrefutable proof to the contrary.

The thing about urban myths is not that they are true, but that they ought to be true.

Air hostess clique

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 10:26 - Aug 14 with 6307 viewsimustbemad

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 20:31 - Aug 13 by Cogster

it was all over from this point on..

edited to add. the 'good for you slogan' kills me
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

That promo video is very funny...for all the wrong reasons
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 11:40 - Aug 14 with 6225 viewsClive_Anderson

Please can anyone explain why the Jack Walker trust sold the club to these lot. It doesn't make any sense at all.
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 11:48 - Aug 14 with 6204 viewsNorthernr

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 11:40 - Aug 14 by Clive_Anderson

Please can anyone explain why the Jack Walker trust sold the club to these lot. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Badly advised.

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 11:52 - Aug 14 with 6194 viewssimmo

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 11:40 - Aug 14 by Clive_Anderson

I know it has been said many times by me and others but I really feel for the fans. I have no great love for them as a club but they will have a hardcore support ignoring big names around them same as us and to watch this must be painful. A club run by somebody as beloved by Jack Walker and winning the league to these absolute clowns making a mockery of them.

The FA 'fit and proper' bollocks have alot to answer for in my opinion but as a fan what can you do except support the players and hope they leave the club in a salvageable state for the next more sane owner.

A real dark time in the history of the club

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 11:57 - Aug 14 with 6186 viewsClive_Anderson

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 11:48 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Badly advised.

I thought he was advising Venkys. Or did he manage to convince the trust as well that it was worth selling?
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 12:00 - Aug 14 with 6176 viewsNorthernr

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 11:57 - Aug 14 by Clive_Anderson

I thought he was advising Venkys. Or did he manage to convince the trust as well that it was worth selling?

He advised the club and the Venkys. Then when the Venkys came in he advised them on player recruitment (basically, buy my clients) and managerial appointment (basically, appoint my client). It's one of the most bent sagas there has ever been in English football and it still continues while the media slag off Blackburn's fans for kicking up a fuss about it at matches.
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 12:05 - Aug 14 with 6168 viewsClive_Anderson

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 12:00 - Aug 14 by Northernr

He advised the club and the Venkys. Then when the Venkys came in he advised them on player recruitment (basically, buy my clients) and managerial appointment (basically, appoint my client). It's one of the most bent sagas there has ever been in English football and it still continues while the media slag off Blackburn's fans for kicking up a fuss about it at matches.

But it still doesn't make any sense. Why would the trust take the word of a football agent rather than do their own research on the Venkys?

Do you know how much they sold the club for?
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 12:11 - Aug 14 with 6159 viewsNorthernr

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 12:05 - Aug 14 by Clive_Anderson

But it still doesn't make any sense. Why would the trust take the word of a football agent rather than do their own research on the Venkys?

Do you know how much they sold the club for?

Well I think they were sick of funding it and wanted to sell. They'd been trying to sell for a good 18 months prior to doing the deal so clearly they couldn't afford it, or didn't want to afford it any more. Everybody takes advice from people and fixers on these things. They took their advice from Anderson who at the same time was advising the Venky's who wanted to buy a football club to act as some sort of publicity vehicle for their brand in Europe.

Anderson meanwhile was aiming to do what he'd done at Man City when Eriksson was manager - i.e. be in with the board and the manager of a Premiership football club and then get them to spend big sums (and big signing on fees with big agents fees) on people like Bianchi and Bojinov in City's case and his own son in Blackburn's.

Quite how it can be legal for a football agent to be working for the board, the manager and the playing staff of a football club is beyond me. It's a disgrace.
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 12:19 - Aug 14 with 6146 viewsJamie

Lest we forget Myles Anderson. Delightfully justified by Steve Kean as 'a late starter'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024