Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? 09:14 - Oct 9 with 5426 viewsDANRANGER

A good game for us albeit a very tough one but I feel as they have expectancy now I'm not sure they will live up to their good start although they will fancy a win here. Big question for Hughes is that Everton's main threat comes from Baines and therefore will he stick with SWP to try and stop that threat??

It is a myth that SWP is a defensive wide midfielder as when all else fails the least you expect from a player is to work hard. So at the moment he is doing the least you can expect from a player and that is not good enough. We have to attack Everton and although respect what Everton can do he has to go at them from the start. Hill cannot start at left back and must be considered as a centre half only and therefore deserves his place alongside Nelsen.

I would play 4-2-3-1 and then our attacking 3 can hopefully push their full backs and wide players back as long as we can hold possesion in the middle of midfield.

Lot's of questions for Hughes, does he have the answers?
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 09:23 - Oct 9 with 4596 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think clearly Everton are a very strong team, so Hughes will probably want to make sure we are solid out wide with two defensive minded wingers Park and SWP.
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 09:28 - Oct 9 with 4589 viewsbarbicanranger

Hopefully by the everton game we will have bosingwa, traore and fabio back (which should resolve the full back position).

I understand why MH has favoured SWP to date by it obviously hasnt worked, especially at home. If you cant have a go at a team in your own back-yard then when are you...I desperately hope he plays Hoilett on the right instead of SWP - attack Baines and pin him back.
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 09:32 - Oct 9 with 4584 viewsNeil_SI

I suspect we'll go back to basics and play a counter attacking game with plenty of men behind the ball. I don't see the game being that different from last season's at Loftus Road, unless Everton put in one of their better display's.

Leighton Baines and Steven Pienaar are a superb combination down the left side, so we need to be aware of that threat, but their main man is Marouane Fellaini. If we let him play his game, then we're in all sorts of trouble because he has the skills and strength to cause us lots of bother.

But Fellaini is also on his fourth yellow card and one away from suspension. They have Liverpool after us, so they won't want to lose him for that. I can't see David Moyes resting him, because he can't really afford to, so there's an opportunity here to get about Fellaini early doors and put him under pressure.

West Brom beat them by being fast and physical, bordering on kicking them off the park, so we've got to be tough against them too and find the right balance to unsettle and knock them out of their rhythm.

It's hard to know whether they will start with Nikica Jelavic or expose us to power and go with Victor Anichebe. Something tells me they might start with the latter, or in any case, they've something different to bring to the table whichever way around it is that can cause us problems.

But, we took four points off of them last season, including after we got a 4-0 drubbing by Bolton. So it's possible, and we've got to go into the game believing we can take all three points and trying to come away with something to show for.
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 09:46 - Oct 9 with 4561 viewsJamie

Lose.
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 09:57 - Oct 9 with 4535 viewsbarbicanranger

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 09:32 - Oct 9 by Neil_SI

I suspect we'll go back to basics and play a counter attacking game with plenty of men behind the ball. I don't see the game being that different from last season's at Loftus Road, unless Everton put in one of their better display's.

Leighton Baines and Steven Pienaar are a superb combination down the left side, so we need to be aware of that threat, but their main man is Marouane Fellaini. If we let him play his game, then we're in all sorts of trouble because he has the skills and strength to cause us lots of bother.

But Fellaini is also on his fourth yellow card and one away from suspension. They have Liverpool after us, so they won't want to lose him for that. I can't see David Moyes resting him, because he can't really afford to, so there's an opportunity here to get about Fellaini early doors and put him under pressure.

West Brom beat them by being fast and physical, bordering on kicking them off the park, so we've got to be tough against them too and find the right balance to unsettle and knock them out of their rhythm.

It's hard to know whether they will start with Nikica Jelavic or expose us to power and go with Victor Anichebe. Something tells me they might start with the latter, or in any case, they've something different to bring to the table whichever way around it is that can cause us problems.

But, we took four points off of them last season, including after we got a 4-0 drubbing by Bolton. So it's possible, and we've got to go into the game believing we can take all three points and trying to come away with something to show for.

Some very good points mate.

On the physical point - after seeing the short-lived impact Diakite had against the hammers I think he's a crucial player for us just a shame he's so prone to getting booked. Faurlin and Granero are a tidy pairing but I just dont think there's enough physicality / engine to them and Diakite provides that.
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 11:54 - Oct 9 with 4474 viewscorse

hughes will probably play park and swp in 4411. and lose 3-1.
taarabt or hoillet to score after sub and hughes keeps his job.
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 12:00 - Oct 9 with 4459 viewsklr

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 11:54 - Oct 9 by corse

hughes will probably play park and swp in 4411. and lose 3-1.
taarabt or hoillet to score after sub and hughes keeps his job.

Can see Everton obliterrating us & Hughes not getting the sack, because he's far too expensive to get the sack.

Dont see Hughes turning this around, but dont want Redknapp at QPR either.

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 12:01 - Oct 9 with 4452 viewsRedbourneR

Send Hughes round to this old couple's home and maybe he'll have a few sudden insights and decide not to play SWP for a change ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-19868327
Login to get fewer ads

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 12:13 - Oct 9 with 4436 viewsLowerloftLad

Will be 1 down in the opening 20 minutes then he won't change anything till we go 2 down then will get caught on the. Break verdict Qpr 1 everton 3

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 12:21 - Oct 9 with 4417 viewsPhilmyRs

Have Everton still not lost in the league? Rangers yet to win. There can only be one outcome....

I think the international break couldn't have come at a better time. With players back, Faulin rested, we could do something. Recover our spurs away performance
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 12:43 - Oct 9 with 4367 viewsthemodfather

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 12:21 - Oct 9 by PhilmyRs

Have Everton still not lost in the league? Rangers yet to win. There can only be one outcome....

I think the international break couldn't have come at a better time. With players back, Faulin rested, we could do something. Recover our spurs away performance

thought hughes will do as always, stand on the touchline, arms crossed...HOPING.
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 12:45 - Oct 9 with 4356 viewsTGRRRSSS

Do we have the kind of players to do the rough stuff and get away with it though, Clint Hill apart we're mostly a bunch of softies other than Diakite (suspended)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 17:32 - Oct 9 with 4262 viewskropotkin41

I don't know what he'll do............. if we win he'll probably find religion and run round the park after the final whistle showing off an "I Love Allah" tee-shirt.......... after that he'll grow a very long beard and lead prayers before every game.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 18:12 - Oct 9 with 4237 viewsMr_Seabass

Play the following team and it might, just might save his job....

Cesar
Bosigwa, Nelson, Hill, Traore
Granero, Diakite, Faurlin,
Hoilett, Zamor, Taarabt

4-3-3 in possession, 4-5-1 without the ball.

END OF!
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 18:18 - Oct 9 with 4223 viewsLewes_r

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 18:12 - Oct 9 by Mr_Seabass

Cesar
Hoilett, Zamor, Taarabt

END OF!

I quite like that team

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 18:21 - Oct 9 with 4214 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Cesar
Hoilett, Zamor, Taarabt

END OF!

what about Mbia?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 18:28 - Oct 9 with 4207 viewsMr_Seabass

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 18:21 - Oct 9 by RANGERS4EVER

what about Mbia?

Not good enough for me - sorry!
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 18:57 - Oct 9 with 4168 viewsBAWHoops

I think it's going to be about movement and pace up top. We play through the midfield now we have Granero and a fit Faurlin and Park. The problem at WBA in the second half was that we would work the ball to the edge of the box and Zamora was to stationary with Mackie/SWP to far wide.

I'd play this team

.......................Cesar.................
Bosingwa.....Nelsen.....Mbia.....Traore
.....................Diakite................
................Park.........Granero........
Hoilett.............................Taarabt
.....................Cisse.....................

It allows Diakite to be physical with Park and Granero bringing the ball foward to the front 3 whose movement will hopefully cause Evertons back 4 problems

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 19:53 - Oct 9 with 4114 viewsbeeeater

I think this game will depend on the crowd. Its a sell out, so if we start badly could be a right drubbing with the crowd turning on the manager and certain players.....or we could get behind the team and get our first win .
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 20:27 - Oct 9 with 4092 viewsMonahoop

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 09:46 - Oct 9 by Jamie

Lose.

Short, blunt and to the point and probably correct. There's no better way than that to answer a question about Mark Hughes these days.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 20:42 - Oct 9 with 4077 viewstom007

our trainers will do the usual train the players for the next 2 weeks and by next friday they will give their judgement to hughes on who has trained well and who has not .
then come saturday hughes will name his team they will all get in the dressing room and hughes will do his customary tactic speech which will last all of 30 seconds all he will say is defend,defend,defend.end of tactics and his team selection is based on who he knows instead of who should be on the pitch.
park will say in a voice so quiet hardly anyone can here,what shape are we playing today and hughes will shrug his shoulders and say i aint got a fuc.ing clue mate just do what shaun does run around and hope for the best.

then we lose 1-2.lol
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 20:49 - Oct 9 with 4064 viewsShotKneesHoop

If Hughes picks SWP, no matter what the tactics are, we are foooked.

Having SWP start another game will have a major psychological effort on the other 10 players, the subs, the 18,033 in the crowd - and the 2 million watching on an illegal stream.

If he does not pick SWP, then I think we can pull it off.

Taraabt just has to play from the start, he's the only one with any idea of being creative.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 21:35 - Oct 9 with 4027 viewsDylanP

Cesar
Hoilett, Zamor, Taarabt

END OF!

You have to be kidding. Hill and Nelsen is never going to work. One or other, but not both at the same time.

Also, I don't think what you have there is really 4-3-3. Its more like 4-3-2-1 going forward and 4-3-2-1 without possession.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 22:50 - Oct 9 with 3971 viewscarrotcrunch_R

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 18:57 - Oct 9 by BAWHoops

I think it's going to be about movement and pace up top. We play through the midfield now we have Granero and a fit Faurlin and Park. The problem at WBA in the second half was that we would work the ball to the edge of the box and Zamora was to stationary with Mackie/SWP to far wide.

I'd play this team

It allows Diakite to be physical with Park and Granero bringing the ball foward to the front 3 whose movement will hopefully cause Evertons back 4 problems

That looks like a blooming good team
So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 23:18 - Oct 9 with 3952 viewsRed_Ranger

So Everton next, what will Hughes do? on 18:57 - Oct 9 by BAWHoops

I'd play this team

Good call.
Nice team
No room for Faurlin ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024