Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ghost of Faurlin? 19:05 - Dec 26 with 4383 viewsHoopstar

What happened? Not normally one to single someone out but he was unbelievably poor today. Too much turkey for Christmas? Stood off, stood off and then stood off some more.
The ghost of Faurlin? on 20:09 - Dec 26 with 3534 viewsFearless

Unfortunately a shadow of the pre-injury Ale

Gutted for him and us

Here's hoping time will help
The ghost of Faurlin? on 20:11 - Dec 26 with 3510 viewsNov77

One of my favourite players but can't defend him today, sooooooo slooooooww now, he wasn't the quickest before the injury.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The ghost of Faurlin? on 20:25 - Dec 26 with 3461 viewshblocker

The ghost of Faurlin? on 20:11 - Dec 26 by Nov77

One of my favourite players but can't defend him today, sooooooo slooooooww now, he wasn't the quickest before the injury.

Over rated fans favourite even before the injury
The ghost of Faurlin? on 20:31 - Dec 26 with 3444 viewsibnumber10

Championship standard like a lot of our players
The premier league is too quick for him
The ghost of Faurlin? on 20:42 - Dec 26 with 3395 viewsBumdaR

The trouble is, it's not just one player off their game, you could name pretty much any of them after that first half
The ghost of Faurlin? on 21:20 - Dec 26 with 3305 viewsashward

Have to agree, over rated for too long. Average Championship player. Has a disease long seen in many QPR midfielders in recent years. Can't or won't get into the box. Poor.
The ghost of Faurlin? on 21:25 - Dec 26 with 3292 viewsHollowayRanger

took a knock on knee first half and was a perfect time and excuse to get him off we were so much better with diakite who was so much faster stronger made the goal and far more mobile

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:14 - Dec 26 with 3237 viewsbaz_qpr

The ghost of Faurlin? on 21:20 - Dec 26 by ashward

Have to agree, over rated for too long. Average Championship player. Has a disease long seen in many QPR midfielders in recent years. Can't or won't get into the box. Poor.

I disagree with that. He was really poor today, he was great against Fulham. What was the difference? Two things.
1. Formation today we played a more flat 4-4-2 the wingers were deeper and adel was pushed further forward, he had no out ball.
2. He really struggles when pressed, he needs to move the ball quicker but he needs his wingers to be viable passing options as well.

Also IMHO he was at fault for the goal got caught being dragged towards the ball and vacated the space where Brunt ran into
Login to get fewer ads

The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:19 - Dec 26 with 3213 viewsEalingRanger

He actually was developing into a decent Premiership player before the injury and he put in some colossal performances (Man City at home sticks out for me).

But like most players who suffer serious injuries (or go out on loan and do well) we built him up massively as some kind of saviour. The fact Hughes put him straight back in the team, saw him do pretty well and then dropped him for a month messed him up a bit IMO. He will get better.
The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:25 - Dec 26 with 3188 viewsJamie

Same as Vidic. Struggling to get back up to speed after his injury, not helped by being in and out of the team. Also looks to have lost half a yard of pace he never really afford to lose as he was never the quickest.
The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:27 - Dec 26 with 3181 viewsstevec

Gives his all but not premier quality. Seen too many games where he is run off his feet, lacks the movement needed at this level. If we can offload in jan for a few quid should do so.
The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:28 - Dec 26 with 3174 viewsEalingRanger

The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:27 - Dec 26 by stevec

Gives his all but not premier quality. Seen too many games where he is run off his feet, lacks the movement needed at this level. If we can offload in jan for a few quid should do so.

We all said this after the Bolton game last season. But he came back stronger then. He has shown flashes this season - remember Chelsea at home? I reckon he needs more time.
The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:28 - Dec 26 with 3174 viewsbaz_qpr

The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:25 - Dec 26 by Jamie

Same as Vidic. Struggling to get back up to speed after his injury, not helped by being in and out of the team. Also looks to have lost half a yard of pace he never really afford to lose as he was never the quickest.

Never thought pace was an issue as he was never a box to box guy, what he is guilty of at the moment is taking to many touches and that is more a confidence thing. Also think he is not a 4-4-2 centre mid, due to the mobility issues
The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:33 - Dec 26 with 3160 viewsToast_R

Behave.

Got a bad injury when finding his way in the prem competently and has come back into a team who are f@cking awful, devoid of any character and facing an uphill mountain.

Considering all that has gone on at QPR since he signed, the lad has been an absolute stone cold centurion and can be forgiven for the odd off game when those signed on superior wages and reputations aren't giving half the amount of attitude and pride. Him and Mackie are pretty much all that keeps me ticking over with this club at the moment.

Always over rated? He is a shining example of what this club needs more of. Well F@ck me with a fish fork.
The ghost of Faurlin? on 00:47 - Dec 27 with 3055 viewsRBlock

The ghost of Faurlin? on 22:33 - Dec 26 by Toast_R

Behave.

Got a bad injury when finding his way in the prem competently and has come back into a team who are f@cking awful, devoid of any character and facing an uphill mountain.

Considering all that has gone on at QPR since he signed, the lad has been an absolute stone cold centurion and can be forgiven for the odd off game when those signed on superior wages and reputations aren't giving half the amount of attitude and pride. Him and Mackie are pretty much all that keeps me ticking over with this club at the moment.

Always over rated? He is a shining example of what this club needs more of. Well F@ck me with a fish fork.

This x 10.
The ghost of Faurlin? on 00:52 - Dec 27 with 3045 viewsTheBlob

No worse than anybody else.And who,pray,was conspicuous by comparison?Don't get carried away by your prejudicies please.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The ghost of Faurlin? on 01:02 - Dec 27 with 3027 viewsted_hendrix

AF Is a superb player, he can tackle, he can head the ball and has an intelligent footballing brain, he has a left foot that can deliver the most killing of passes.
He Is also unfortunately 'off his game' when we need him most and that Is right now.
He simply must not be sold but he must be given time to get back to his best, unfortunately we do not have anymore time.
It was sad watching the bloke struggle yesterday.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The ghost of Faurlin? on 09:26 - Dec 27 with 2879 viewsnadera78

He is the only, and I do mean only, player in our entire squad who can put his foot on the ball and pick out a pass. He controls the pace and fluency of our game, he always shows for his teammate with the ball to give them a passing option, he tackles and wins headers.

Yes he's half-a-yard too slow, but then if he wasn't we wouldn't have picked him up for peanuts form Argentina, some other club would have got there first and we'd still be plodding along in the Championship. You think Taarabt alone got us promotion? He's only half the player when he doesn't have someone like Faurlin playing behind him.

Two weeks ago he was superb against Fulham, yes he's tailed off since but this happens all the time with players coming back from serous injury. It's the consistency that players lack when they return.

Overrated? FFS!
The ghost of Faurlin? on 09:40 - Dec 27 with 2836 viewsPey

The ghost of Faurlin? on 09:26 - Dec 27 by nadera78

He is the only, and I do mean only, player in our entire squad who can put his foot on the ball and pick out a pass. He controls the pace and fluency of our game, he always shows for his teammate with the ball to give them a passing option, he tackles and wins headers.

Yes he's half-a-yard too slow, but then if he wasn't we wouldn't have picked him up for peanuts form Argentina, some other club would have got there first and we'd still be plodding along in the Championship. You think Taarabt alone got us promotion? He's only half the player when he doesn't have someone like Faurlin playing behind him.

Two weeks ago he was superb against Fulham, yes he's tailed off since but this happens all the time with players coming back from serous injury. It's the consistency that players lack when they return.

Overrated? FFS!

This !! +1

The ghost of Faurlin? on 09:54 - Dec 27 with 2811 viewsadhoc_qpr

I hate the phrase 'Prem quality' - it's a load of meaningless rubbish inspired by Sky Sports marketing hype!

How many times will people wheel it out about players only to be made to look stupid?

Clint Hill, Grant Holt, Ricky Lambert, our friend Liam Ridgewell, Leon Britton, Shola Ameobi, Dean Whitehead, Rory Delap - all limited players, but if you use them in the right way, in the right formation and play to their strengths they can be very effective in the prem.

Ale Faurlin is another case in point, play him in the right way and he puts in class performances. Play him in the wrong way and you'll expose some of his limitations (i.e. lack of pace),
The ghost of Faurlin? on 10:01 - Dec 27 with 2793 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sell him?

Holy Christ....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The ghost of Faurlin? on 10:47 - Dec 27 with 2728 viewsAntti_Heinola

some amazing views on here. He wasn't at his best yesterday, but Diakite was even more ineffectual when he came on. The bloke looks scared to tackle. Three things Ale does better thsn any other midfielder we have except the blossoming Mbia - wins the ball cleanly and often, wins headers a lot and passes well. We won the other week partly because his thoughtful passing had been missing for weeks. He needs a good run ion the side for proper fitness and form to come back. Selling him is exactly the short-termist cr@p that got us in this mess in the first place.

Bare bones.

The ghost of Faurlin? on 11:12 - Dec 27 with 2699 viewsPinnerPaul

Biggest fault was he was always the wrong side of his man.

When we beat Arsenal & Tottenham last season, it was achieved with Diakite sitting very deep - just in front of the back 4. - Derry did a similar job in the Championship.

AF & Adel, just leave too much in that area when we don't have the ball. Mbia does his best but he needs some help in there!
The ghost of Faurlin? on 12:46 - Dec 27 with 2628 viewsSomersetHoops

I didn't think he was that bad and won the ball many times untill he got injured. Normally I think he would have come off after that, but Harry doesn't trust Diakite to stay on the pitch for more than 20 minutes and we are short of options as Granero is scared of premier league tackles.

Who's Next?

The ghost of Faurlin? on 12:49 - Dec 27 with 2616 viewsklr

The ghost of Faurlin? on 12:46 - Dec 27 by SomersetHoops

I didn't think he was that bad and won the ball many times untill he got injured. Normally I think he would have come off after that, but Harry doesn't trust Diakite to stay on the pitch for more than 20 minutes and we are short of options as Granero is scared of premier league tackles.

Not overrated at all.

One of our few "quality" players

Should & would be club captain at any similarly sized club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024