Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 Points of the pace. 17:10 - Dec 29 with 5493 viewshighlandbill

Todays results finally make me accept that we now need to prepare for the Championship. The teams above us are all picking up points and if we lose tomorrow it really must be over. What player is now going to consider a move to Loftus Road? I cant see any young player making a move to a team which is going nowhere. So sad that this season is turning out to be even more painful than the last one.Will Rednapp stick with us?

At my age I should not be doing this!

8 Points of the pace. on 17:14 - Dec 29 with 4542 viewsQPRDave

Lets wait and see and i hope Harry will stay
8 Points of the pace. on 17:16 - Dec 29 with 4526 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

8 Points of the pace. on 17:17 - Dec 29 with 4513 viewswittle

how arrys stock will have fallen,from champions league to nailed on england manager to barnsley away on a cold night in december.
8 Points of the pace. on 17:21 - Dec 29 with 4474 viewsbosh67

Damage was done before Harry arrived. We just have to concentrate and try and win some games. That's all we can do.

As for players coming I think it will be hard. We will press to get DJ back but he's scoring for fun at Ipswich and you get the feeling he may want to stay as he starts every week.

Otherwise, if we can't it's time to promote the younger players (if we really are adrift) and give them gam,e experience for the following season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

8 Points of the pace. on 17:23 - Dec 29 with 4457 viewsstuabd

8 Points of the pace. on 17:21 - Dec 29 by bosh67

Damage was done before Harry arrived. We just have to concentrate and try and win some games. That's all we can do.

As for players coming I think it will be hard. We will press to get DJ back but he's scoring for fun at Ipswich and you get the feeling he may want to stay as he starts every week.

Otherwise, if we can't it's time to promote the younger players (if we really are adrift) and give them gam,e experience for the following season.

DJ's probably got more chance of playing in the Premiership again if he stays there. They're only 7 off the play-offs now.
8 Points of the pace. on 17:24 - Dec 29 with 4446 viewsLewes_r

8 Points of the pace. on 17:23 - Dec 29 by stuabd

DJ's probably got more chance of playing in the Premiership again if he stays there. They're only 7 off the play-offs now.

Wait and see what we do tommorrow before you decide we are down

Pundits are deciding Reading may have turned the corner. Thats how fickle this game is

( not in reply to stu)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

8 Points of the pace. on 17:25 - Dec 29 with 4440 viewswittle

8 Points of the pace. on 17:21 - Dec 29 by bosh67

dj wont have a say in it,he will do what he is told by arry.
8 Points of the pace. on 17:29 - Dec 29 with 4409 viewskensalriser

Very much doubt we will be playing Barnsley next season. Have you seen their league position?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

8 Points of the pace. on 17:30 - Dec 29 with 4393 viewsSpiritofGregory

8 Points of the pace. on 17:25 - Dec 29 by wittle

Yes, he'll do what he is bloody told, I'm sick to death of our players taking liberties.

8 Points of the pace. on 17:30 - Dec 29 with 4398 viewsstuabd

8 Points of the pace. on 17:25 - Dec 29 by wittle

I'd have Hulse back here as well. We're paying most of his salary and he's at least another option when we're chasing goals late on.
8 Points of the pace. on 17:43 - Dec 29 with 4337 viewsted_hendrix

8 Points of the pace. on 17:30 - Dec 29 by stuabd

I'd have Hulse back here as well. We're paying most of his salary and he's at least another option when we're chasing goals late on.

lol

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

8 Points of the pace. on 17:46 - Dec 29 with 4315 viewsWestonsuperR

8pts off the pace and 4 of our next 5 Prem games are v Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Man City. Quite easy to see us 12-14 pts off safety by end of Jan.
8 Points of the pace. on 18:20 - Dec 29 with 4195 viewsCHUBBS

We got to start unloading as much dross as we possibly can come January.
No signings are required because we've shot our bolt.
This has got to be the worst overpaid useless squad ever to attempt to play Premier league football.TF and us fans have been shafted.
If only you could sack dogshit like in the real world.

8 Points of the pace. on 18:34 - Dec 29 with 4131 viewsDesertBoot

Given how lacklustre our last two performances have been, I'm really struggling to think we will survive the drop.

Wish I could be like David Watts

8 Points of the pace. on 18:40 - Dec 29 with 4103 viewsspiritofshittu

I really don't see why the results today have sealed our fate...? Just because Reading and Wigan won...Villa lost, Soton didn't win. 6 of one half a dozen.

If you have only won one game by Christmas, the results of the teams around us really should not matter whatsoever.

Other teams saved us last season, about time we saved ourselves really...
8 Points of the pace. on 18:42 - Dec 29 with 4090 viewsrosseeles

If (massive if) we win tomorrow were 5 points off safety ....still think we're 90% down but with villa being dragged back into it and Southampton chucking away 3 points its not quite over
8 Points of the pace. on 18:48 - Dec 29 with 4062 viewsdaveB

8 points is pretty much the best we could have hoped for today, win tomorrow and we are 5 points off 5th bottom which is ok, i think we just need to end wednesday night no more than 6 points adrift really. Villa are in freefall now, Southampton have thrown away an easy three points and despite wigans win they have man utd next so can be reeled back in.

I still think we'll stay up but we'll need the kind of team spirit and support we had at Loftus Road towards the end of last season to get us over the line in a few games.

8 Points of the pace. on 18:56 - Dec 29 with 4046 viewsstuabd

8 Points of the pace. on 17:43 - Dec 29 by ted_hendrix

lol

We have pretty much zero options up front aside from Cisse,Ted, and you can pretty much guarantee that if we do manage to loan in a decent striker, it's sod's law they'll be injured within 3 games. Hulse isn't great and neither is DJ, but I'd rather have some choices off the bench.
8 Points of the pace. on 18:56 - Dec 29 with 4045 viewsLofthope

Look at the positives though.

West Ham, Fulham and others are falling into the dogfight. The more teams there are in the dogfight, the more chance we have.

As someone has already said, we are masters of our own destiny, insofar as we need to gain points. However, the more teams around us the more chance of 3 others failing.

Let's get a win tomorrow and cross our fingers for Wednesday.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
8 Points of the pace. on 18:58 - Dec 29 with 4036 viewsCHUBBS

8 Points of the pace. on 18:40 - Dec 29 by spiritofshittu

I really don't see why the results today have sealed our fate...? Just because Reading and Wigan won...Villa lost, Soton didn't win. 6 of one half a dozen.

If you have only won one game by Christmas, the results of the teams around us really should not matter whatsoever.

Other teams saved us last season, about time we saved ourselves really...

You just answered your own question.
Problem is we've got the most uncommitted team in this league and thats why we will be relegated.
8 Points of the pace. on 19:30 - Dec 29 with 3972 viewsderbyhoop

I accepted we were going down before Hughes got the sack. It does lead to a certain calmness when other teams' results go against us.

Frankly, if we don't win tomorrow, we shouldn't think of bringing anybody in during January and just look to offload the unwanted in preparation for the financial meltdown.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

8 Points of the pace. on 19:31 - Dec 29 with 3966 viewsted_hendrix

8 Points of the pace. on 18:56 - Dec 29 by stuabd

We have pretty much zero options up front aside from Cisse,Ted, and you can pretty much guarantee that if we do manage to loan in a decent striker, it's sod's law they'll be injured within 3 games. Hulse isn't great and neither is DJ, but I'd rather have some choices off the bench.

I know I know and I wasn't takingt the pee mate I genuinly did laugh at you're Rob Hulse comment, look I last saw RH score for us at bloody Scunthorpe of all places he would frankly get murdered during the second half of the Prem league fixtures.

It doesn't matter which way you me or any other poster/fan cuts It we our gonna have to step up a couple of gears minimum to get out of this, the majority of the current players we have are gonna have to play out of their fcking skins for the remainder of our fixtures and on the evidence of what I've seen so far I can't see that happening.

We might not be dead yet but strewth we sure as hell aint out of intensive care, not by a long shot.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

8 Points of the pace. on 19:33 - Dec 29 with 3957 viewsQPRDave

Tone seems quite calm about possible relegation and has a plan, so financial meltdown might not be imminent
8 Points of the pace. on 21:05 - Dec 29 with 3832 viewsSpiritofGregory

The board will go for it, Harry was employed to keep us up and if that means giving him the funds to do so then so be it. We are only half way through the season and everyone knows that the squad we have is not good enough. Survival was always going to depend on performances after the transfer window.

I still think that Harry will do it.
8 Points of the pace. on 21:11 - Dec 29 with 3814 viewsQPRDave

8 Points of the pace. on 21:05 - Dec 29 by SpiritofGregory

The board will go for it, Harry was employed to keep us up and if that means giving him the funds to do so then so be it. We are only half way through the season and everyone knows that the squad we have is not good enough. Survival was always going to depend on performances after the transfer window.

I still think that Harry will do it.

Agree pointless employing Harry if you don't give him some tools to do the job.
If we had given up we may as well have appointed Birch & Steve Gallen again as caretakers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024