Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs on TV? 17:13 - Jan 7 with 5132 viewsHoopstar

Couldn't make the 8pm kick off Monday and haven't been organised enough or quick off the mark to grab the seats I needed for the Saturday reschedule.

Given it was a sky game anyway and is now a 12.45 pm k/o I presume it's still live but sky sports website isn't yet updated.

Cheers.
Spurs on TV? on 17:28 - Jan 7 with 4297 viewsMrNITK

Yes still on SKY. That's why it's a 12.45 ko
Spurs on TV? on 17:31 - Jan 7 with 4267 viewsHoopstar

Spurs on TV? on 17:28 - Jan 7 by MrNITK

Yes still on SKY. That's why it's a 12.45 ko

Cheers, just checking!
Spurs on TV? on 17:36 - Jan 7 with 4243 viewsMrNITK

No problem. Just read you post back. I wasn't trying to be a funny f@cker by mentioning the 12.45 ko. Glad I could help.
Spurs on TV? on 17:48 - Jan 7 with 4206 viewsbosh67

Brilliant news. My dad and I sold our tickets to the game thinking it was monday evening (neither of us could make it). Now it's Saturday at 12.45 and we could have gone but have sold the tickets. Typical!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Spurs on TV? on 18:29 - Jan 7 with 4154 viewspaulparker

i think this will work against us
a monday night every one finnishing work early a few pints = siege atmosphere
sat 12.45 ko = mute atmosphere,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Spurs on TV? on 18:38 - Jan 7 with 4122 viewsHayesender

I've now gotta get into work an hour or so early on Saturday and rush round like a blue arse fly, and hope I make it.

Cheers sky

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Spurs on TV? on 20:34 - Jan 7 with 4027 viewsDorsetR

This is one of the few games I could make, now its been moved back to Saturday.
I have had to buy tickets through Viagogo , some tickets seemed cheap enough and some were even cheaper if you went though Telegraph tickets to get to Viagogo.Had to have several goes as it kept showing tickets and then saying they were no longer available. Whole site seems a bit hit and miss, will be interested to see if they actually turn up.Anybody else used this to buy tickets ?
Spurs on TV? on 23:03 - Jan 7 with 3956 viewsbaz_qpr

My Ticket is on Via Go Go for this game. Its £40 Block W Ellerslie Row Z at the top of the stairs so you can stand if you want or if you sit you have unlimited leg room
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs on TV? on 06:40 - Jan 8 with 3867 viewssmegma

Spurs on TV? on 20:34 - Jan 7 by DorsetR

This is one of the few games I could make, now its been moved back to Saturday.
I have had to buy tickets through Viagogo , some tickets seemed cheap enough and some were even cheaper if you went though Telegraph tickets to get to Viagogo.Had to have several goes as it kept showing tickets and then saying they were no longer available. Whole site seems a bit hit and miss, will be interested to see if they actually turn up.Anybody else used this to buy tickets ?

I thought you had to print the tickets off yourself ?
Spurs on TV? on 08:22 - Jan 8 with 3810 viewsStratfordBoy

F**king typical, I arrange tickets for the darts in Frimley for Saturday based on the game being Monday & now it's back to saturday so it's one or the other but not both. It's getting almost impossible to arrange anything more than a few days in advance just in case the game gets switched, thanks Dyer!
Spurs on TV? on 08:50 - Jan 8 with 3781 viewsA40Bosh

And lo it was that the woman who is married to A40Bosh said unto her husband "Husband when shall thou goest to the next game of Association Football at the Club known as QPR?"

And A40Bosh did reply "Oh, damn, it would appear that the next game falleth on Monday 14th January, the date of your very own birthday and it be against the Hotspurs of Tottenham, the very team from hence came Harry Redknapp our current manager............but fear not, it is a game that be slated for televisual broadcast by Sky and your husband may watch it back at his own leisure the evening after your said birthday if he so desires and we should continue to celebrate your birthday with the family as is our usual practice"

And the wife did protest "Husband, I do not mind if you want to go to the match, be it that it is even my birthday"

But A40Bosh was resolute "Wife, never would I put the game of football beforeth you very own birthday and I shall lendeth my seasonal ticket to my very own father for the game against the Hotspurs of Tottenham.

And there was much love and favour bestowed upon A40Bosh by his wife.

And then Kieron Dyer did findeth the back of the net in the 91st minute against the Albion of West Bromich

And there was much love and favour bestowed upon Kieron Dyer by A40Bosh

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Spurs on TV? on 08:55 - Jan 8 with 3774 viewsStanisgod

Spurs on TV? on 08:50 - Jan 8 by A40Bosh

And lo it was that the woman who is married to A40Bosh said unto her husband "Husband when shall thou goest to the next game of Association Football at the Club known as QPR?"

And A40Bosh did reply "Oh, damn, it would appear that the next game falleth on Monday 14th January, the date of your very own birthday and it be against the Hotspurs of Tottenham, the very team from hence came Harry Redknapp our current manager............but fear not, it is a game that be slated for televisual broadcast by Sky and your husband may watch it back at his own leisure the evening after your said birthday if he so desires and we should continue to celebrate your birthday with the family as is our usual practice"

And the wife did protest "Husband, I do not mind if you want to go to the match, be it that it is even my birthday"

But A40Bosh was resolute "Wife, never would I put the game of football beforeth you very own birthday and I shall lendeth my seasonal ticket to my very own father for the game against the Hotspurs of Tottenham.

And then Kieron Dyer did findeth the back of the net in the 91st minute against the Albion of West Bromich

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Spurs on TV? on 09:01 - Jan 8 with 3765 viewssmegma

Spurs on TV? on 08:50 - Jan 8 by A40Bosh

Or you could do what I did one year for my wifes 40th. I took her to a game and we had corporate hospitality as well. At Notts County away !!! And Gallen scored a 90th equaliser for a 3-3 draw. I think she enjoyed herself.It was also her christmas present !
Spurs on TV? on 10:12 - Jan 8 with 3716 viewsA40Bosh

Spurs on TV? on 09:01 - Jan 8 by smegma

Or you could do what I did one year for my wifes 40th. I took her to a game and we had corporate hospitality as well. At Notts County away !!! And Gallen scored a 90th equaliser for a 3-3 draw. I think she enjoyed herself.It was also her christmas present !

I have stated this a couple of times on this forum before over the years.

My wife has attended one single match with me at Loftus Road and that was on Saturday 27th April 1996 when Queens Park Rangers were technically relegated from the Premier League despite a 3-0 victory over West Ham.

'nuff said!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Spurs on TV? on 10:17 - Jan 8 with 3707 viewsdaveB

Spurs on TV? on 18:29 - Jan 7 by paulparker

i think this will work against us
a monday night every one finnishing work early a few pints = siege atmosphere
sat 12.45 ko = mute atmosphere,

why will it work against us? I don't think we've won a Monday night game since getting promoted so it's done us no good before.

If we create a good atmosphere and get a win it puts real pressure on the teams above us rather than us going into the game 8 points adrift again
Spurs on TV? on 10:28 - Jan 8 with 3694 viewspaulparker

Spurs on TV? on 10:17 - Jan 8 by daveB

why will it work against us? I don't think we've won a Monday night game since getting promoted so it's done us no good before.

If we create a good atmosphere and get a win it puts real pressure on the teams above us rather than us going into the game 8 points adrift again

dave, i think back to last year which was a 5.30 kick off we knew the result that was needed, and like it or not people have a drink and become up for it, look at the atmosphere created at HQ against spuds, chelsea & man city all were late kick offs and we created some of the best atmospheres of the season at those games, so good that oppo players were rattled ie, bale,mata,drogba, terry, etc
compare that to the chelsea fa cup game last year, the atmosphere was terrible,
getting people up for a 12.45 kick off is hard,
anyway i hope im wrong but i just feel the monday night under the floodlights would have been a better atmosphere

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Spurs on TV? on 10:36 - Jan 8 with 3683 viewsdaveB

I don't see why it should make a difference, for me on a Monday night I'd get an hours drinking before the game, I imagine most are the same, will be the same for a 12.45 kick off on Saturday

If the team start well it will be a good atmosphere on Saturday regardless of what time we kick off
Spurs on TV? on 11:30 - Jan 8 with 3652 viewsQPunkR

Spurs on TV? on 10:28 - Jan 8 by paulparker

dave, i think back to last year which was a 5.30 kick off we knew the result that was needed, and like it or not people have a drink and become up for it, look at the atmosphere created at HQ against spuds, chelsea & man city all were late kick offs and we created some of the best atmospheres of the season at those games, so good that oppo players were rattled ie, bale,mata,drogba, terry, etc
compare that to the chelsea fa cup game last year, the atmosphere was terrible,
getting people up for a 12.45 kick off is hard,
anyway i hope im wrong but i just feel the monday night under the floodlights would have been a better atmosphere

Definitely agree night games are better for atmosphere. Just look at the most mental atmospheres over the past couple of years and most have been in the evening. Most prob is to do with slightly more booze consumed, but either way, early kick-offs haven't had anywhere near the atmosphere

QPR - "shit but local"

Spurs on TV? on 13:37 - Jan 8 with 3582 viewsA40Bosh

I think the booze before games is a moot point to be honest and it is more down to how well those on the pitch perform which governs which way the atmosphere goes.

If we start a game well against a good side (top half side), keep it tight get a couple of attacks going and get to half time at 0-0 then the atmosphere BECOMES good after 15-20mins of the first half. If we continue in the same vein into the second half, it may continue where it left off.

If we start a game badly, slowly, sloppy or concede a goal in the opening 10-15mins then the atmosphere (OK, perhaps against a Big 4 side a little less so)BECOMES sour very quickly and the negative side of the pre-match booze is very evident in and around F block as certain "gangs" up the back will start barracking players, managers and other fans trying to defend the player being slated.

If we smash Spuds all over the park in the first half and go in 1 - 0 at HT, it wont matter what time kick off was.

IMHO

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Spurs on TV? on 13:42 - Jan 8 with 3559 viewsTacticalR

@A40Bosh "If we start a game badly, slowly, sloppy or concede a goal in the opening 10-15mins then the atmosphere (OK, perhaps against a Big 4 side a little less so)BECOMES sour very quickly and the negative side of the pre-match booze is very evident in and around F block as certain "gangs" up the back will start barracking players, managers and other fans trying to defend the player being slated."

If we concede a goal we've probably already lost, because we've scored less than a goal a game all season.

Air hostess clique

Spurs on TV? on 13:48 - Jan 8 with 3540 viewsaston_hoop

Balls, I'm stuck in Derby that day. Anyone know any decent pubs in Derby showing the game?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Spurs on TV? on 14:07 - Jan 8 with 3518 viewsA40Bosh

Spurs on TV? on 13:42 - Jan 8 by TacticalR

@A40Bosh "If we start a game badly, slowly, sloppy or concede a goal in the opening 10-15mins then the atmosphere (OK, perhaps against a Big 4 side a little less so)BECOMES sour very quickly and the negative side of the pre-match booze is very evident in and around F block as certain "gangs" up the back will start barracking players, managers and other fans trying to defend the player being slated."

If we concede a goal we've probably already lost, because we've scored less than a goal a game all season.

Which is exactly my point.

Whether it is an evening game or a 12:45 game and we are losing 1- 0 then many of our special, best fans in the world, will become overtly negative very quickly in many parts of the ground. Just because it is an evening kick off does not mean the fans will stay positive and shout the team on to the 95th minute hoping to get a goal back just because they have been in the pub since 2pm or straight after work.

Spurs on TV? on 15:56 - Jan 9 with 3448 viewssimmo

Tottenham have now confirmed striker Emmanuel Adebayor will represent Togo at the Africa Cup of Nations.

"The striker will be available for this weekend's fixture against Queens Park Rangers before travelling out to South Africa to meet up with his international teammates ahead of the championships," read the club statement.

Typical...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Spurs on TV? on 16:10 - Jan 9 with 3433 viewsrsonist

Spurs on TV? on 10:12 - Jan 8 by A40Bosh

I have stated this a couple of times on this forum before over the years.

My wife has attended one single match with me at Loftus Road and that was on Saturday 27th April 1996 when Queens Park Rangers were technically relegated from the Premier League despite a 3-0 victory over West Ham.

'nuff said!

That was also the first match I ever went to...

Par for the course at least :(
Spurs on TV? on 16:12 - Jan 9 with 3428 viewsrsonist

To this day I can still remember West Ham singing 3-0 and you're going down, and me not having a radio, just laughing back at them...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024