Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt the new Buzacky 23:39 - Feb 23 with 9415 viewsThGrimRanger

Oh we're QPR fans, so a touch of skill here and a flick there seem to make a player beyond critism.

The combination of watching MOTD and having a few beverages has inspired me to share my extremely unpopular belief that Taarabt is frankly the reason why we're neither scoring goals or creating chances. I'm judging him purely as a premiership player and the fact that his 40+ appearances have delivered very little.

To his credit he seems to be more motivated and harder working than previous seasons but our last 5 games at home have been without a goal and for me he's the main culpit.

He was piss poor today but bar the Fulham game and Chelsea away he's done very little since promotion. He looks overweight, unfit and one early substution away from a bus ride home. I cringe at his 25 yard pea roller shots or his free kicks.

Bet that he still thinks, like most Rangers fans do, he's our best player.

Tin hat is on.

TheGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 23:42 - Feb 23 with 5468 viewsTW_R

Haha. Good one!
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 23:43 - Feb 23 with 5463 viewsDieByYourSide

Buzsaky could still do a job FACT....

Poll: And it's hi ho

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 23:45 - Feb 23 with 5455 viewsrrrspricey

Twunt, name me one player who looks like they could get us out of the mire.

Unbelievably ridiculous post.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 23:46 - Feb 23 with 5450 viewsTW_R

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 23:43 - Feb 23 by DieByYourSide

Doing what though?
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 23:52 - Feb 23 with 5422 viewsHollowayRanger

ok so your saying taarabt has been poor and because of that we are where we are

so the other 10 players on the field dont matter/count its taarabts fault when green/ceaser let one slip under them its taarabts fault when our defence lets in yet another goal its taarabts fault when granero hits a pass 10 yards wide of him its taarabts fault our strikers dont know that ou need to shoot to score goals

no wonder taarabt looks depressed

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 23:56 - Feb 23 with 5412 viewsCamberleyR

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 23:43 - Feb 23 by DieByYourSide

Yes, as long as that job is sweeping out the changing rooms.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 00:05 - Feb 24 with 5393 viewsThGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 23:52 - Feb 23 by HollowayRanger

ok so your saying taarabt has been poor and because of that we are where we are

so the other 10 players on the field dont matter/count its taarabts fault when green/ceaser let one slip under them its taarabts fault when our defence lets in yet another goal its taarabts fault when granero hits a pass 10 yards wide of him its taarabts fault our strikers dont know that ou need to shoot to score goals

no wonder taarabt looks depressed

I probably didnt make myself clear but I was referring to scoring goals (or our the lack of). He is given a free role behind the centre foward.

Just to emphasive my problem, I can recall more opposition goals from him losing possesion than his QPR assists.

TheGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 00:23 - Feb 24 with 5360 viewsted_hendrix

This season Taarabt has been either very good for us or average, today he was less than average.
All of the above in an under performing squad of players.
Lets hope for some magic from him and Remy next week at Soton, a couple of slide rule passes from Taarabt to Remy similar to Upton Park and who knows?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 00:32 - Feb 24 with 5346 viewsLambourn

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 00:23 - Feb 24 by ted_hendrix

This season Taarabt has been either very good for us or average, today he was less than average.
All of the above in an under performing squad of players.
Lets hope for some magic from him and Remy next week at Soton, a couple of slide rule passes from Taarabt to Remy similar to Upton Park and who knows?

Is good he was shite today thatvway chewing gum Scottish chunt won't want him.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 00:37 - Feb 24 with 5334 viewsbaz_qpr

Different class to anything else we have, surround him with better players and you will see, today looked short of confidence and fitness.

In all honesty if you think Taarabt is the problem over the hapless but eager Mackie then you have a serious problem.

A playmaker is only as good as the movement in front of him which until Remy came on was shocking. If you think its his problem that we have not scored please give us your thoughts on Mackie, Hoilett, SWP, Zamora, Derry, Jenas and Mbia
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 01:08 - Feb 24 with 5303 viewsHollowayRanger

take taarabt out of our poor team and what do we have an even poorer team

when he's good we are bad but when he's bad like today we are terrible!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 01:15 - Feb 24 with 5303 viewsNov77

If you want a reminder of what life without adel will be like get yourself a copy of the Milton Keynes game. Adel didn't play in that.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 01:25 - Feb 24 with 5294 viewsDesertBoot

Watch him thrive in a much better team next season as we languish in the Championship.
Taarabt had no help at all today. No wonder shoulders dropped on the hour.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 01:59 - Feb 24 with 5284 viewsMelakaRanger

Taarabt will flourish next season, if he stays with us.

Why?

He is really only a class act in the Championship. He is not a 'Premiership' quality player - then again most of our expensively bought players are also not of Premiership quality.

I do not belittle everything he did for us 2 seasons ago but I do agree with the comment that this season he has actually been the cause of more goals against us than he has scored for us.

Likewise Mackie. He will be very good for us next year but no way is he a Premiership quality player.

The Premiership is a very tough place to survive and it takes no prisoners. Taarabt, Mackie, Derry, Hill, SWP, Boswinger, Park, Bothroyd, Ferdinand, faulin to name but a few are simply not of Premiership standard
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 02:14 - Feb 24 with 5276 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 01:59 - Feb 24 by MelakaRanger

Taarabt will flourish next season, if he stays with us.

Why?

He is really only a class act in the Championship. He is not a 'Premiership' quality player - then again most of our expensively bought players are also not of Premiership quality.

I do not belittle everything he did for us 2 seasons ago but I do agree with the comment that this season he has actually been the cause of more goals against us than he has scored for us.

Likewise Mackie. He will be very good for us next year but no way is he a Premiership quality player.

The Premiership is a very tough place to survive and it takes no prisoners. Taarabt, Mackie, Derry, Hill, SWP, Boswinger, Park, Bothroyd, Ferdinand, faulin to name but a few are simply not of Premiership standard

Name a better player then?
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 02:21 - Feb 24 with 5267 viewsNov77

The cause of more goals against than for us? Really? Can you name them?

He's scored four for us, lets ignore his 5 assists for the moment, name 5 goals he's directly responsible for us conceding then.

Also, according to the stats on this site, he's got the second highest average score for outfield players behind Nelsen this season.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 06:54 - Feb 24 with 5193 viewssmegma

He had a poor game yesterday but who had a good game apart from Hill and Cesar ? The same detractors will be eulogising IF he plays a blinder next week at St Marys no doubt. Not sure if anyones noticed, but we are a poor team. A decent player would struggle to shine in such a poor team.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 08:36 - Feb 24 with 5138 viewsPetros

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 06:54 - Feb 24 by smegma

He had a poor game yesterday but who had a good game apart from Hill and Cesar ? The same detractors will be eulogising IF he plays a blinder next week at St Marys no doubt. Not sure if anyones noticed, but we are a poor team. A decent player would struggle to shine in such a poor team.

But where to play him? He is not a left-sided midfield player - right backs, as yesterday, will have a field day. Free role hanging back in the hole? We simply can't afford that right now, we need every proper striker/midfielder we can field. Second striker? He never gets in the box. I love Adel but he looked tired and miserable yesterday, when he really needed to step up his game. And why is his shooting so bad?
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:34 - Feb 24 with 5024 viewsdaveB

if Redknapp had played him off Zamora rather than on the left wing he might have had more of an impact
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:38 - Feb 24 with 5008 viewsTheBlob

Spontaneity isn't something you can turn on and off you know.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:59 - Feb 24 with 4968 viewsbosh67

I think Adel is actually a far better player this season. I think he's lost lot of weight, he's stronger and his stamina through a game is now fine, so fitness isn't an issue. He was quiet yesterday and he does need to work on his shooting and delivery but as a team player he's lightyears better than he was. Most things pass through him and unlike other seasons, he wastes very little. The problem is that previously he has been playing in a team that's grown, this season he's maturing fast as a player but the team is still very disjointed. The bottom line for me is that he's a far better player now than he ever has been, playing in a much poorer team.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:09 - Feb 24 with 4949 viewsted_hendrix

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:59 - Feb 24 by bosh67

I think Adel is actually a far better player this season. I think he's lost lot of weight, he's stronger and his stamina through a game is now fine, so fitness isn't an issue. He was quiet yesterday and he does need to work on his shooting and delivery but as a team player he's lightyears better than he was. Most things pass through him and unlike other seasons, he wastes very little. The problem is that previously he has been playing in a team that's grown, this season he's maturing fast as a player but the team is still very disjointed. The bottom line for me is that he's a far better player now than he ever has been, playing in a much poorer team.

Bosh, he fcked up yesterday and that led to Utd's first goal, he wasn't the reason we lost at all but his head seems to drop dramatically.
The penalty miss against Norwich also.
He'll probably win POTY I expect, if such a thing still exists at QPR.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:48 - Feb 24 with 4899 viewsNeil_SI

The short story; he's been excellent for us and has developed in a way that you want to see young players develop. He's definitely a good Premier League player now and has put in some performances that proves he's better than a lot of other players.

The long story; he's probably down about the penalty miss against Norwich City and it's such a shame it happened to him. Out of all the players he's done the most to create chances and win us matches. The two wins against Fulham and Chelsea this season were certainly down to his play.

But for the last five matches; teams have realised that the only threat QPR possess is through Adel Taarabt, and they're paying far more attention to him and attempting to nullify his threat.

Manchester United did a good job on him yesterday; they won a lot of the skirmishes when he had the ball in one on on situations, and that happens. But what they did well and goes unnoticed is they actually suffocated the supply chain and cut off the areas where he likes to lurk and pick up the ball. A lot of those passes couldn't be made by their intelligent defensive positioning and therefore he wasn't able to get on the ball and drive (much like he did against Manchester City for example where he was wonderful to watch and the best player on the pitch by a mile).

It's an absolute misnomer that he's not fit enough. He's a broad and stocky player; a bit like Wayne Rooney in terms of his size. But he never misses matches, he never gets injured and he takes an awful lot of kicks from other players and just keeps getting back up and on with it. Heck, he even has two or three players hanging off his back sometimes; which you don't see happening to other players and yet most of the time he still gets away from them because he's as strong as an ox.

Perhaps he could be a little sharper and slimmer, but doing that would mean he loses some of those positives mentioned above about his strength. For me, it's not something I'd look at doing for him because his consistency in terms of appearances and not getting injured is really good. Muck around with his physique and weight would likely compromise that.

He certainly isn't the main culprit for a lack of goals; not even close. The reason we have a lack of goals is because we do not play out from the back well enough and cannot build our play in a way that other sides do.

We pick the wrong passes, play the wrong kind of balls and that's mixed in with nervous players or those who are not quite good enough technically with their first touch to take advantage. The squad is tactically naive; and any time they do advance forward and lose the ball they concede, so they become more and more timid about doing so and then it falls into a percentage game and scraps. You win some of those, you lose some of those.

And on top of that, the pitch is dreadful, which further compounds the problems above.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:54 - Feb 24 with 4888 viewsTGRRRSSS

Bit harsh by the OP in my view Taarabt is on his day brilliant but it must be said if he was really as good as some think he is surely he'd have left in the Summer???...
Not his fault where we are but he's not really made much headway on his own merits.
Put it this way ZAha has signed for Man United despite not playing at this level, nobody's made an offer for Taarabt and you have to ask why? Maybe a doubt about attitude???...
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:31 - Feb 24 with 4844 viewsMattnme

I think the op was trying to make a good point he just didn't put it across very well (I probably won't either). Taarabt is a good player but because of the way he plays a system has to be made to suit him as opposed to other players who just have a position. In the time he has been here things have been tried out but effectively he still doesn't have a set position. He always shows for the ball and the other players always look for him. Most opposition teams know this and know if they stop Taarabt they stop Rangers. At lower levels he had more freedom because players and tactics weren't as good. I love watching some of the things Taarabt can do and his work rate has improved but I have often thought his inclusion has stopped the team finding a settled formation. And that has IN PART led to the situation the club finds itself in.
One thing that isn't opinion but fact is for a player of his ability his output from deadball situations is in the main shocking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024