Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question 22:29 - Mar 2 with 2826 viewsThGrimRanger

Right, today has confirmed that there's still hope.

But how the hell do we become a team who only snatches the odd win against the run of play to a team that starts to dominate games? We've only outplayed a very lack-lustre Fulham all season.

We have options but unless we start retaining possession then survival remains an impossible dream.

Thoughts?

TheGrimRanger

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 07:59 - Mar 3 with 2755 viewsWestonsuperR

I have considered every match we have played and I agree with you that we have actually only outplayed Fulham. We got a result today but no one can honestly say we were the better team, just look at the stats.

We simply aren't playing well enough and that is why it is still hard to see us staying up.
QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 08:31 - Mar 3 with 2705 viewsToast_R

Every journey starts with a single foot step.

Sometimes you just need that one thing to go right to get out of a rut.
It was Liverpool last year can so why not Southampton this year? For the first time we've got 3 points on the road from a team around us.

Next up Sunderland, quite winnable now that QPR have Remy and Zamora/Bothroyd starting.

One thing for me was the effort on show. Bothroyd's face when he scored spoke volumes, payers getting in the box, it's almost a novelty. You never know chaps, this story in the Mirror may have just done Rangers a massive favour.

Of course this could be just another false dawn, but for now I'm going to remain positive. All I wanted was for QPR to give me a reason to want to go. Now they have.
QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 08:50 - Mar 3 with 2686 viewsthame_hoops

we cant afford to lose to wigan, reading, newcastle, sunderland or villa, if we do i fear we will be down
QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 08:52 - Mar 3 with 2679 viewsthame_hoops

edit-double post
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 09:02 - Mar 3 with 2661 viewsfakekerby

We have played well in other games such as Norwich at home - we definitely deserved 3 points there. We also go sucker punched by Spurs away. Could have beaten Man City and Spurs at home if SWP could shoot. By and large we have been terrible but we're not too bad at soaking up pressure and countering as long as we keep it at 0-0 for the first 30 odd minutes.
QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 09:19 - Mar 3 with 2638 viewspomanjou

Grim,

Of course there is hope and for some of us there is even expectation.

By the end of the season it will not be just the odd win.

Retaining possession is a big issue but the improvement is there to see and the extra class that Samba and even more so Remy, with his lightening reflexs and movement, coupled with improved fitness will shine through.

I refer you to another thread for optimists who have never lost hope or expectation.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=72300#10

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 09:35 - Mar 3 with 2606 viewssaintwiz

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 09:19 - Mar 3 by pomanjou

Grim,

Of course there is hope and for some of us there is even expectation.

By the end of the season it will not be just the odd win.

Retaining possession is a big issue but the improvement is there to see and the extra class that Samba and even more so Remy, with his lightening reflexs and movement, coupled with improved fitness will shine through.

I refer you to another thread for optimists who have never lost hope or expectation.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=72300#10

Arry likes this

And fackin clubs up.

Life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do.

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 09:40 - Mar 3 with 2597 viewsToast_R

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 09:35 - Mar 3 by saintwiz

Arry likes this

And fackin clubs up.

Hey as much as your obviously obsessed with him, have you ever thought about getting over him?
Login to get fewer ads

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 12:28 - Mar 3 with 2525 viewsHollowayRanger

if we stay up we have to beat wigan villa reading

lose to any of them and its over as not only is it 3 points lost to us but 3 gainned by them

long way to go but at least there are a few green shoots of hope

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 12:36 - Mar 3 with 2513 viewsTHEBUSH

Apart from Adel, we don't really have players who can keep hold of the ball.

We're not a team who can retain the ball successfully, we just give the ball away too often.

We just have to trust HR, that he find's a system to keep us up ?
QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 13:16 - Mar 3 with 2475 viewsMattnme

Next saturday will offer a big clue. Win that and belief will grow and other teams will be more nervous. Any other result and it appears they are a side capable of the occassional win but due to the mentioned problems lack of ball retention and a cutting edge they won't win enough. I haven't seen enough evidence to convince me things have changed so I lean towards the latter. But on a positive note at least there is better organisation and more fight.
QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 13:27 - Mar 3 with 2448 viewsdaveB

We've shown we look a decent side when we defend deep and play on the break, Remy has added some pace and a goal threat to that, the key will be when we have games we have to control like Norwich at home and I'm not sure we are good enough to do that.

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 13:38 - Mar 3 with 2439 viewsted_hendrix

I can't look beyond the Sunderland game, they have some good players and won't be mugs, yesterday's result will count for nothing If we don't win next Saturday (I believe we will).
One game at a time, we are about to enter the World of 'hang onto your hats boys'
In Titface Bramble Sunderland have one of the worst defenders I've ever seen wearing football boots, that's got to be a bonus for us surely?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 19:07 - Mar 3 with 2322 viewsBushman

Sunderland in poor form.
Villa in free fall
Wigan thrashed yesterday
Reading had their luck and mini run
We got to play them all.
It's in our hands and not impossible.
See no reason why we shouldn't also pick up points against Fulham & Stoke.
Only games I wouldn't be surprised to loose would be Arse,Everton & Lpool.
Depends which of their teams turn up and whether they will be dead rubbers for them.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 19:16 - Mar 3 with 2305 viewskropotkin41

With ten games left it's pretty likely that 3 or 4 teams, maybe more, will go on a relegation form run, that is to say, 1 point or less per game. We need to make sure that we aren't one of them, and get, at the very least 15 more points, to have any chance of staying up.

I suspect that 36 or 37 points may well be enough. So 5 more wins, 2 draws and we can lose to Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton no problem......... it's when we lose to Sunderland next week that it starts to look scary! LOL!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR 2012/13 - the $64,000 dollar question on 19:12 - Mar 4 with 2152 viewsderbyhoop

It doesn't matter that much who we beat and who we lose to - provided we pick up 15-20 points from the next 10 games. That's going to be hard enough without writing off the games against the 3 members of the top 7. Personally, I think we can take points off both Arsenal and Everton. Improving Liverpool will be a tougher task, but it is the last game and they could be on their holidays by then.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024