Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolfy's QPR v Sunderland pre-match assessment & thoughts ... 18:25 - Mar 6 with 1699 viewsdaib0

Hey guys, you'll know I'm a Reading fan, but we've been linking up with Sunderland and Liverpool fans of late to do match previews and a league placings game too.

I thought you might be interested in a pre-match assessment by 'Wolfy', RR's own resident Liverpool fan ... any comments back (sociable please!) I'd happily hand back to him, if reproducible!

So here goes:

Match: QPR v Sunderland

Date: 9th March 2013

Time: 15:00

Competition: Premier League

Form: QPR - WLLDD Sunderland - DLLLDD

Last Meeting: QPR 0-0 Sunderland

Despite me thinking Sunderland just need a few wins to safety, I think both these sides are in the relegation scrap. Sunderland have had so many decent fixtures to bring them up to mid-table but haven't won in the last 6 and sit just 6 points off the drop zones. If they lose this one, they are in trouble. I think at this stage of the season, they don't need to look ahead any further than the next 2 games, which are crucial. After this game, they play Norwich at home. If they take 2-3 points they should be happy but if they lose both or pick up just 1 point then they could be even further down the table. They do have a fair bit of quality in their side which could be the deciding factor in this game. The likes of Sessegnon, Flecther and Adam Johnson are very good players who can win a match on their day. Without any assists from penalties, they are the top 3 scorers in the league at Sunderland with only Gardner ( 5 goals, 3 penalties) breaking that trio. They have 19 goals and Sessegnon and Johnson have 7 assists between them. If they can keep hold of them is another matter but first, they need to secure safety first. In a game like this, the first goal is vital. Fletcher has scored the first goal 6 times while ALL of Gardner's strikes have been first goals. Sunderland are without star performer Danny Rose once again and his injury has been key to recent results while Lee Cattermole is still out. I expect QPR to try and exploit Sunderland while Rose is recovering from his injury and that's where Sunderland need to be careful. With just 3 away wins this season, this game will be very difficult for Sunderland to get 3 points.

I personally expected a bit more of a 'revival' by QPR under Harry Redknapp. But fairytale stuff aside, he has a big job on his hands keeping them in the Premier League. But despite just 3 wins this season, they are just 4 points from safety and a win here will go a long way. They are getting harder to beat, particularly at home with 0-0 home draws against Norwich, Tottenham and Man City. They needed wins though and last week's away win at Southampton was crucial because it has dragged Southampton down into the mix too. They have Aston Villa away next win so there is a good chance they could be out of the bottom 3 next week which would be quite amazing really. So, if you look at it in detail, Harry hasn't done a bad job. I don't think have any stand out players to be honest, with maybe Taarabt and maybe new signing Loic Remy the top 2. Taarabt's 4 goals have also all been goals (bar 1) which have been the first goal for his side in a match so he might be worth a shout for first scorer. Remy has 2 goals in 4 games and should profit more from being the main man up front. If he can stay fit and on form, then his goals will keep them up. QPR just need to keep their heads, because I think this is a game they should win. Their worst 5 disciplined players have a total of 28 yellow cards and 2 reds compared to just 21 yellows at Sunderland.

Both teams have not scored enough goals this season and I don't expect a thriller, but I think it'll be a home win. Close but still a home win. 2-1 to QPR.

Royals Rendezvous - a friendly Reading forum

Wolfy's QPR v Sunderland pre-match assessment & thoughts ... on 18:57 - Mar 6 with 1662 viewsBushman

Cheers mate thanks for predicting a win & taking time to post.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Wolfy's QPR v Sunderland pre-match assessment & thoughts ... on 19:12 - Mar 6 with 1631 viewsGetMeRangers

Given the ref, a bet for a sending off is on the cards... of which there will be plenty. He has over seen two Sunderland R's games, both of which were won by Sunderland, all be it, that they were away fixtures. Dont share other optimism for Saturday.
Wolfy's QPR v Sunderland pre-match assessment & thoughts ... on 20:54 - Mar 6 with 1535 viewsLandofoz89

Can't wait, it's really hotting up now.
Fu*king bring it on!

Meet me by the railway track

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024