Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thatcher dead 12:56 - Apr 8 with 82397 viewssix_foot_two

Skynews are are saying Magaret Thatcher has died of a stroke
Thatcher dead on 13:18 - Apr 8 with 2917 viewspeejaybee

Do we get a day off for the funeral.????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Thatcher dead on 13:19 - Apr 8 with 2899 viewsJuzzie

Thatcher dead on 13:09 - Apr 8 by TheBlob

Well done Thatch.Bought me Carnsil Arssss.
Who said Capitalism don't work.

Lol! Nothing wrong with that per see but people were buying them for peanuts then selling them a year later for astronomical amounts which accelerated the pricing market as everone was scrambling to buy. We now have kids, well adults really, in their late 20's still living at home because they can't afford to buy nor can they afford to rent as the rental prices went up too.

On top of that, I never got my milk back.

Thatcher dead on 13:19 - Apr 8 with 2897 viewsDrewster

Thatcher dead on 13:15 - Apr 8 by TheBlob

She hanged about too long,like Wellington and Churchill.
A great leader,didn't take shit from anybody.

This.

Regardless of your views, the last of the true 'statesman' type leaders.
Unlike the Oxbridge educated career politicians of today who are spineless and couldn't give a f@ck about the country
Thatcher dead on 13:19 - Apr 8 with 2896 viewsTheBlob

Thatcher dead on 13:18 - Apr 8 by peejaybee

Do we get a day off for the funeral.????

Actually we might.State Funeral innit.

Book now to avoid disappointment.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Thatcher dead on 13:20 - Apr 8 with 2887 viewsJuzzie

Thatcher dead on 13:12 - Apr 8 by SpiritofGregory

If you think along those lines then surely Tony Blair is responsible for more deaths?

Maybe, then he should be brought to task if that's the case.

Thatcher dead on 13:23 - Apr 8 with 2852 viewsLOTR

Thatcher dead on 13:18 - Apr 8 by mrmonkey

Here's hoping its hot down there

Thatcher dead on 13:23 - Apr 8 with 2842 viewssexton

A loathsome woman who revelled in other people's misery. Just like Osborne, Cameron and Smith.

Bubbly's in the fridge.
Thatcher dead on 13:23 - Apr 8 with 2841 viewsJuzzie

I'll give her this.... she took no sh.it off anyone but that doesn't necessarily mean she was a good leader or made good decisions. This is the problem, because she was a hard-as-nails bitch, everyone looks up to her without actually seeing the damage she caused.

Gas, electricity, water, health, education and transportation should NOT be run for profit at the exclusion of everything else. By privatising all these (NHS aside) we're now paying higher costs for all these ameneties than ever before and getting a shoddy service as a result.

IMO, people shouldn't applaud her just because she stood her ground. Sometimes being stubborn can actually make matters worse.

edit: oh, and all politicians before her and since her have been just as bad. Don't deflect from her mistakes by saying what Blair has done (he's a pr@tt too) or what Brown did by selling off the gold reserves etc etc.

In a nutshell, people will fall into two camps;

1) Those that made money will like her
2) Those that didn't, or suffered as a result (i.e. property prices), will hate her

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Thatcher dead on 13:27 - Apr 8 with 2795 viewsTHEBUSH

Her own party didn't get rid of her, for nothing
Thatcher dead on 13:27 - Apr 8 with 2787 viewssexton

A loathsome woman who revelled in other people's misery. Just like Osborne, Cameron and Smith.

Bubbly's in the fridge.
Thatcher dead on 13:27 - Apr 8 with 2784 viewssexton

Bubbly's in the fridge.

Double post, but worth saying twice.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Thatcher dead on 13:28 - Apr 8 with 2775 viewsElHoop

She knocked the hard left into touch, which was what she was brought in to do. For that I am grateful. For a lot of other stuff I am not grateful - bank/ building society demutualisation/merger/deregulation being perhaps the most expensive error in the longer term.
Thatcher dead on 13:29 - Apr 8 with 2760 viewsTheBlob

She was a godsend to talentless,unfunny lefty comedians.

Deserves to burn for inflicting that shit on us....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Thatcher dead on 13:30 - Apr 8 with 2748 viewsnadera78

Evil bitch. Now to plan the party!
Thatcher dead on 13:30 - Apr 8 with 2746 viewsstowmarketrange

Thatcher dead on 13:03 - Apr 8 by LOTR

I don't really care what anyone else thinks on this forum and i know my feelings are going to offend many on here, but i've just heard the news, and cracked a bottle of champagne i was given as a present!!

The woman was a scumbag, the woman single handidly ripped the heart and soul out of England, made communities turn on one another, pressed ahead with her Reganomics, privatised key industries so a select few could do well.

Rot in hell you scumbag.

Here here. The only downside is that it didnt happen yesterday to brighten up a bad day,and I could have got drunk and celebrated properly.
Hopefully we can arrange a good send off on Saturday at Everton.
Thatcher dead on 13:30 - Apr 8 with 2444 viewsLewes_r

Id consider myself center left and I didnt like her one bit but you need to respect the woman

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Thatcher dead on 13:31 - Apr 8 with 2436 viewswestberksr

well she got in on the back of as spineless a labour government as we could all have wished for. They were the illness of the time and as a byproduct she was the cure.

not saying that 2 wrongs make a right, but those on here bleating about how terrible she was, she had to win that first election to get in and the alternative had a rather unpleasant taste as well.

As for selling off everything, if Labour at the time stayed in power they'd have been worth f'all anyway as they were nearly all money pits due to the unions.

all politicians were marmite, now they are all cut from the same Oxbridge cloth. love or loath; she was the last of the breed, that's for sure.
Thatcher dead on 13:32 - Apr 8 with 2419 viewshighlandbill

I came home from the match last night after a terrible journey home. I was so pissed off I asked my wife to tell me the only piece of news which would cheer me up. Is Thatcher dead? I was told no but I had to cheer myself up so I drank a whole bottle of Cava, admittadly a strange thing to do. In doing so I would like to think I pushed her closer to the grave. I am now about to open the bottle of Vintage Champagne which has been lying in my fridge for over 10 years now. OK she was long senile but it is pure joy to know that such a bad bad woman is no longer sharing the earth. We will no doubt now get a Maggie fest. I say F*** her.

At my age I should not be doing this!

Thatcher dead on 13:32 - Apr 8 with 2408 viewsbaz_qpr

Thatcher dead on 13:18 - Apr 8 by N12Hoop

Really? Who sold off all our gold reserves then, just before the price started rocketing?

Trust me absolutely nothing compared to the idiocy of selling off energy and water companies leaving us in a very precarious position with the French state and Germans owning most of energy companies.

You can admire her for her determination and self belief and strength as a leader, but policy wise she was a disaster zone, and politically she believed that all you had to do was keep 51% happy and you do that at the expense of the remaining 49%. She was divisive and mean
Thatcher dead on 13:33 - Apr 8 with 2393 viewsBluce_Ree

Quite glad the old c*nt's dead.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Thatcher dead on 13:33 - Apr 8 with 2387 viewshighlandbill

Thatcher dead on 13:08 - Apr 8 by gazza1

Lets not speak ill of the dead boys.....lets show some decency here.

Your joking pall,I,m half pissed already!

At my age I should not be doing this!

Thatcher dead on 13:33 - Apr 8 with 2385 viewsNorthLondonR

I read this as Thatcher died as a result of a strike....
Thatcher dead on 13:36 - Apr 8 with 2357 viewsstowmarketrange

Has anyone told Sid?
Thatcher dead on 13:36 - Apr 8 with 2350 viewsFDC

Thatcher dead on 13:33 - Apr 8 by highlandbill

Your joking pall,I,m half pissed already!

Judging by the number of texts and emails flying around you're not the only one.
Thatcher dead on 13:38 - Apr 8 with 2337 viewsstevec

Thatcher dead on 13:11 - Apr 8 by DWQPR

And saved the country from a humiliating bankruptcy in the late 70's/early 80's as a result of yet another over spending Labour Party. A bankrupt UK would have had a hell of a lot more social effect on communities than anything that Thatcher did, just look at Greece today to see this. I conviction politician, which whether people like her or not, had ideals which she thought was best for the country as opposed best for her popularity. Unlike Blair, who incidentally also had a war which killed millions more than the Falklands (who have just voted to remain British), and which is still killing people today.

agree 100%.
Unlike the career driven scumbags we get these days. No doubt TV will be wall to wall with the usual leftie vermin, driven by envy, saying they are glad she's dead. And they call the Tories the 'nasty party' - do me a favour.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024