Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin? 18:20 - Jul 27 with 10866 viewsowza

We need a new centre forward who can score goals because I really can't see where the goals are gonna come from. Obviously there is question marks hanging over what is going to happen with Remy who would be the best striker in the championship if he stays but if he does depart us we are left with AJ who might pop up with a few IF he can stay fit and Bobby Zamora is useless full stop. We have missed out on Hooper which would have been a brilliant signing. Charlie Austin has scored goals galore wherever he has been and he is a proven goal scorer in the championship. He would be a good coup in my opinion. Thoughts?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Charlie Austin? on 18:22 - Jul 27 with 5570 viewsGloucs_R

Thoughts? Do we need another thread about Austin?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Charlie Austin? on 18:24 - Jul 27 with 5550 viewsYorkRanger

Charlie Austin? on 18:22 - Jul 27 by Gloucs_R

Thoughts? Do we need another thread about Austin?

Agreed. It's all been said on another thread. I'll say nothing more about Austin....
Charlie Austin? on 18:26 - Jul 27 with 5544 viewsowza

Charlie Austin? on 18:24 - Jul 27 by YorkRanger

Agreed. It's all been said on another thread. I'll say nothing more about Austin....

Sorry, I haven't spotted that thread. Can someone link me it?
Charlie Austin? on 18:28 - Jul 27 with 5532 viewsYorkRanger

Charlie Austin? on 18:26 - Jul 27 by owza

Sorry, I haven't spotted that thread. Can someone link me it?

4 pages on bid now gone in for Austin
Charlie Austin? on 19:18 - Jul 27 with 5427 viewsowza

Charlie Austin? on 18:28 - Jul 27 by YorkRanger

4 pages on bid now gone in for Austin

I can only find one that turned into a funny joke. With all the pictures of a donkey and "Zamora isn't happy" haha. But I can't find any other, serious ones?
Charlie Austin? on 19:21 - Jul 27 with 5417 viewsowza

Charlie Austin? on 19:18 - Jul 27 by owza

I can only find one that turned into a funny joke. With all the pictures of a donkey and "Zamora isn't happy" haha. But I can't find any other, serious ones?

Ignore that sorry, I just saw the other one. Cheers for that mate.
Charlie Austin? on 19:36 - Jul 27 with 5364 viewsbosh67

The plan is to bid about £4m
Then do nothing but alert all other perm teams to the story
Get gazumped
Put a sheepish call through to DJ and ask how his other ankle is.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Austin? on 20:15 - Jul 27 with 5286 viewseghamranger

This should be called the owza thread!

Welcome anyway. 😉
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin? on 16:55 - Jul 28 with 5169 viewsHayesender

We're evens to get him, forest are 4/1.

If Phil Beard is doing the negotiations forest will have a forward line of Mackie and Austin

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Charlie Austin? on 10:25 - Jul 29 with 4956 viewsJamie

Forest think they've got him.
Charlie Austin? on 11:17 - Jul 29 with 4907 viewsCheshireR

Charlie Austin? on 10:25 - Jul 29 by Jamie

Forest think they've got him.

Lots of egg on Mr Beard's chin if they have.
Charlie Austin? on 11:17 - Jul 29 with 4901 viewsdaveB

Charlie Austin? on 11:17 - Jul 29 by CheshireR

Lots of egg on Mr Beard's chin if they have.

Why?
Charlie Austin? on 11:21 - Jul 29 with 4883 viewsJamie

Charlie Austin? on 11:17 - Jul 29 by daveB

Why?

The club have been very publicly messing around for weeks chasing a fantasy target who would only come here as a last resort whilst Forest quietly snap up a player who may well have come here.
Charlie Austin? on 11:24 - Jul 29 with 4863 viewsrosseeles

Havent seen where any bids have been accepted, although alot of talk of forest getting him, i think we will and after the hooper saga i think its a key deal now
Charlie Austin? on 11:24 - Jul 29 with 4858 viewsdaveB

Charlie Austin? on 11:21 - Jul 29 by Jamie

The club have been very publicly messing around for weeks chasing a fantasy target who would only come here as a last resort whilst Forest quietly snap up a player who may well have come here.

Well Beard hasn't been public about it at all and was pretty close to pulling it off, personally I don't think Austin is anywhere near as good as Hooper so we were right to make him a priority.

If Austin doesn't come could be for any number of reasons, I doubt it will be due to the offer we make him
Charlie Austin? on 11:28 - Jul 29 with 4839 viewsJamie

Charlie Austin? on 11:24 - Jul 29 by daveB

Well Beard hasn't been public about it at all and was pretty close to pulling it off, personally I don't think Austin is anywhere near as good as Hooper so we were right to make him a priority.

If Austin doesn't come could be for any number of reasons, I doubt it will be due to the offer we make him

Was he close to pulling it off? 3 weeks from Lennon saying they'd accepted a bid from us we still hadn't signed him...

24 hours after Norwich finally agreed to match our bid he was holding their shirt.
Charlie Austin? on 11:31 - Jul 29 with 4826 viewsSuffolkHoop

It'll certainly be interesting to see where he does end up, people in Notts seem certain he's joining Forest. I'm not too fussed really, Billy Sharp would be as good and there are others too.
Charlie Austin? on 11:34 - Jul 29 with 4801 viewsdaveB

Charlie Austin? on 11:28 - Jul 29 by Jamie

Was he close to pulling it off? 3 weeks from Lennon saying they'd accepted a bid from us we still hadn't signed him...

24 hours after Norwich finally agreed to match our bid he was holding their shirt.

well he wanted to go to Norwich so that was obviously the issue, if Norwich hadn't come in he'd be a QPR player today.
Charlie Austin? on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 4769 viewsSuffolkHoop

If I were a (sky)betting man I'd guess we'll get Crouch and Townsend but not Austin.
Charlie Austin? on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 4727 viewsJonDoeman

Charlie Austin? on 11:21 - Jul 29 by Jamie

You'll use any stick to beat the club won't you , even a player that I doubt we're interested in going elsewhere.

It Is What It Is !!

Charlie Austin? on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 4757 viewsrosseeles

Charlie Austin? on 11:38 - Jul 29 by SuffolkHoop

If I were a (sky)betting man I'd guess we'll get Crouch and Townsend but not Austin.

I hope not . if we added townsend and austin to the current squad i seriously think we'll go up. Wouldnt feel the same with crouch.
Charlie Austin? on 11:42 - Jul 29 with 4747 viewsJamie

Charlie Austin? on 11:40 - Jul 29 by JonDoeman

You'll use any stick to beat the club won't you , even a player that I doubt we're interested in going elsewhere.

You doubt we're interested in a player we've bid for?
Charlie Austin? on 11:42 - Jul 29 with 4740 viewsSuffolkHoop

Charlie Austin? on 11:40 - Jul 29 by rosseeles

I hope not . if we added townsend and austin to the current squad i seriously think we'll go up. Wouldnt feel the same with crouch.

Just a guess. Conor Wickam is a good player too and I'd take that.
Charlie Austin? on 11:46 - Jul 29 with 4691 viewsJonDoeman

Charlie Austin? on 11:42 - Jul 29 by Jamie

You doubt we're interested in a player we've bid for?

No QPR bid for Burnley striker

10:12am Friday 26th July 2013 in Sport Photograph of the Author By Suzanne Geldard, Burnley FC reporter

QPR have not tabled a bid for Burnley striker Charlie Austin, contrary to reports.

A London-based website yesterday published a story declaring the newly relegated club had made an offer for the 28-goal marksman after missing out on Celtic striker Gary Hooper.

But this is not the case at present.

QPR have been among a list of Austin’s admirers for some time but manager Harry Redknapp is yet to make a move for the former Swindon Town striker, who has 45 goals from 90 games for the Clarets.

That ratio made him a top target for Hull City this summer, but a proposed £4.5million move collapsed earlier this month after he failed a medical.

Nottingham Forest are also monitoring the situation but have yet to lodge a bid.

Austin, 24, has since return to the Clarets fold and started the last three friendlies, the first at the end of their pre-season training camp in Cork.

The club remain keen to retain him beyond the end of his current contract, which expires next summer.
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10573937.No_QPR_bid_for_Burnley_strik

It Is What It Is !!

Charlie Austin? on 11:54 - Jul 29 with 4696 viewsrsonist

£4m is a lot even before you consider the injury time bomb. Scoring heavily in the Championship is admittedly not to be sniffed at but I just don't really feel Austin has another level to his game - more of a quick fix than an investment. I suppose if he got us promoted the financial reward would far outweigh these concerns though.

Honestly I'd be more comfortable spending twice as much on Rhodes, who looks like he will score at any level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024