Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing At Football 20:20 - Aug 12 with 3619 viewsCheshireR

An interesting article about safe standing from Germany.

It would be great to see this system employed in England.

Safe Standing At Football on 20:54 - Aug 12 with 3592 viewsJuzzie

Terracing didn't kill people. It was fences and inadequate control.

Getting the basics right such as ticket only entry, a terrace with sections and your ticket will only allow you in that section to avoid over-crowding in other sections and so on. It can be done right & safely.
Safe Standing At Football on 21:18 - Aug 12 with 3572 viewsGetMeRangers

What makes anyone think we would be given that amount of leg room for a game!

What is actually more dangerous is children having to stand on seats if they are in something like the R block. Know I shouldnt take them in there, but atmosphere is what can make a game that much more special

This is the sort of thing people should be tweeting TF with rather than the abuse he gets
Safe Standing At Football on 21:23 - Aug 12 with 3562 viewsbatmanhoop

I'm all for the return of safe terracing, push our capacity to say 25,000 and we can stay at LR
Safe Standing At Football on 23:22 - Aug 12 with 3506 viewsthemodfather

well that qpr mp johnson? said a mock safe terrace was shown to mps and went well
quite a few grounds still have terraces with no issues
why we look to germany for inspiration though...bah and humbug
Safe Standing At Football on 23:39 - Aug 12 with 3491 viewsjo_qpr63

I think there should be an option for standing,and sitting plus an armchair option at the game. Bronze,silver,gold.
Safe Standing At Football on 00:01 - Aug 13 with 3476 viewsloftboy

I was totally against but having watched that video I say bring it on

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Safe Standing At Football on 00:03 - Aug 13 with 3473 viewsWatford_Ranger

There's absolutely no argument against safe standing any more imo. Still can't see it happening.
Safe Standing At Football on 00:17 - Aug 13 with 3465 viewsHollowayRanger

dont want standing i like my seat end off!

that said i never sit in it but i still like it so there!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Safe Standing At Football on 00:25 - Aug 13 with 3464 viewsTacticalR

Safe Standing At Football on 23:39 - Aug 12 by jo_qpr63

I think there should be an option for standing,and sitting plus an armchair option at the game. Bronze,silver,gold.

There should be a bed option too, for those who like watching in bed.

Air hostess clique

Safe Standing At Football on 00:48 - Aug 13 with 3450 viewsMedwayR

Safe Standing At Football on 21:23 - Aug 12 by batmanhoop

I'm all for the return of safe terracing, push our capacity to say 25,000 and we can stay at LR

I'm pretty sure safe standing wouldn't increase our capacity, I believe there are regulations that you can only be a maximum of 12 seats away from an aisle for emergency evacuation reasons, these regulations won't change for safe standing where you'd have a designated position to stand, so unless you could fit more rows in which I'm sure we couldn't then the capacity won't change. Therefore it would never happen at Loftus Road, and many other grounds, as the club would be paying out for the removal of seats & installation of safe standing whilst getting no financial benefit from it. Safe standing would only be an option in newly built stands & stadiums, hopefully it could be an option when we move.

Poll: Who’s better?

Safe Standing At Football on 02:37 - Aug 13 with 3430 viewsGetMeRangers

Safe Standing At Football on 00:48 - Aug 13 by MedwayR

I'm pretty sure safe standing wouldn't increase our capacity, I believe there are regulations that you can only be a maximum of 12 seats away from an aisle for emergency evacuation reasons, these regulations won't change for safe standing where you'd have a designated position to stand, so unless you could fit more rows in which I'm sure we couldn't then the capacity won't change. Therefore it would never happen at Loftus Road, and many other grounds, as the club would be paying out for the removal of seats & installation of safe standing whilst getting no financial benefit from it. Safe standing would only be an option in newly built stands & stadiums, hopefully it could be an option when we move.

Sure that is right. The explanation has always been that you take out two rows of seats and instal teh safe standing option... which is why it appears on the video to have loads of leg room. For new stadia it would be a good option as there are many who hate having to stand with teh current seating arrangements at any ground, let alone the safety issue of going over the seats in front
Safe Standing At Football on 06:56 - Aug 13 with 3382 viewspaulparker

Wont ever happen !!
Clubs esp in the Prem want to charge us up to £100 to sit
If we start standing then they can only charge us £20
These clubs couldn't give a rats a&se if it's safe or not
They will give it the "think of those at hillsborough" line
When in reality they just want to keep raping us at the
Turnstiles
Same as that scudamore he will never give in to standing
As he knows we may go back to how things were
And that will never do as he just wants to pimp our game
Out to Asians & Americans

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Safe Standing At Football on 08:16 - Aug 13 with 3339 viewstimcocking

Darned tootin' it would make my life a lot happier and football much better. Such an obvious thing to do.
Safe Standing At Football on 08:53 - Aug 13 with 3311 viewshoopdog

Well that's just farked up what I was going to post ,worked out just what to say read your post and thought thanks a lot Paul
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 8:54]
Safe Standing At Football on 10:27 - Aug 13 with 3268 viewspaulparker

Safe Standing At Football on 08:53 - Aug 13 by hoopdog

Well that's just farked up what I was going to post ,worked out just what to say read your post and thought thanks a lot Paul
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 8:54]

Anytime hoop

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Safe Standing At Football on 11:34 - Aug 13 with 3245 viewsQPunkR

There really is no reason to stop all-seater stadia (or even just half the ground) coming back following the German model.
Any move to get it done though would be instantly jumped on by the Scallies, conveniently ignoring the fact of crowd mismanagement and CAGES being entirely to blame for Hillsborough.
Plus, such a move would have to be ratified by those utter b@stards at the FA, who are just one step down from the clueless shitcúnts at FIFA who think it's a good idea to have a World Cup in a tiny country where summer hits 50 degrees, and then move the whole spectacle to winter
We'll never have the game back while these corrupt, clueless sonsabitches are running it

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024