Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 22:50 - Aug 27 with 3340 viewsTopCat34

One of the most frustrating games I've been to in a long while. Even though it's the cup and it doesn't really matter we should have gone for it as Swindon looked shaky when we attacked them in the final 30 minutes.

Far too much time was spent fannying about with the ball. We're not good enough to knock it round the back and slowly build possesion. The wings were often neglected and players ran in to traffic in the middle. The players generally looked like they couldn't be arsed and it was a embarrassing display from a pretty much full strength XI. There was no shape and a few players looked like they didn't really know where they were supposed to be playing

A few observations:

- Zamora is crocked. League or cup it doesn't change the fact he's past it.
- Austin desperetaly needs a goal to boost confidence. He should have netted and when he did it was disallowed. Lost interest with 15 minutes to go.
- Barton and Henry are integral to the midfield. Jenas had a poor game and didn't hold the midfield together very well.
- Faurlin and Diakite looked like they were in the last chance saloon. Neither covered themselves in glory with their performances, and wouldn't be surprised if one or both were out the door before the window slams shut.

At the end of the day it's only a meaningless game, but the team should have tried for those of us that did go. Overall, a poor day but I'm sure confidence won't be effected as they didn't really seem to care whether they won or lost.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2013 22:51]
Just Back on 23:13 - Aug 27 with 3156 viewsted_hendrix

"At the end of the day it's only a meaningless game, but the team should have tried for those of us that did go. Overall, a poor day but I'm sure confidence won't be effected as they didn't really seem to care whether they won or lost."

It wasn't meaningless to me, just another embarrassing cup exit, been a long day etc, should have known better etc, got to listen to SWTFC supporters tomorrow at work etc,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just Back on 23:17 - Aug 27 with 3129 viewsTopCat34

I take your point. Every game should matter, and it certainly does to me, but I doubt it will have any effect on the majority of those that played. It won't effect confidence because they simply didn't care.
Just Back on 23:52 - Aug 27 with 2977 viewssmegma

"we should have gone for it as Swindon looked shaky when we attacked them in the final 30 minutes".

We weren't good enough to have 'gone for it' and at no time during the game did Swindon look shaky.
Just Back on 00:54 - Aug 28 with 2873 viewsHollowayRanger

to me attack options at the club are

austin
johnson
phillips injured
hoilett injured
swp

and a sack of spuds called zamorra

but thats it thats our total attack options for the season as it stands at the moment!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just Back on 01:11 - Aug 28 with 2848 viewsQPR1882

Just Back on 00:54 - Aug 28 by HollowayRanger

to me attack options at the club are

austin
johnson
phillips injured
hoilett injured
swp

and a sack of spuds called zamorra

but thats it thats our total attack options for the season as it stands at the moment!

So the likes of Skapetis and Hitchcock don't count then ?
Just Back on 07:36 - Aug 28 with 2605 viewsthemodfather

the league is the big priority but another dire home cup loss
swp is a one trick pony, poor crosser on big wages
zamora....awful
austin missed another sitter and is unfit
jenas wanted off
faurlin looked lost, we pass back so often and got caught out for their 2nd doing this across the line stuff
murphy wouldn't belt the ball upfield.....add a poor ref and a motivated and organised swindon, end of cup "run".
we have loaned out many players and not brought enough in, we have a few days to strengthen this squad.
Just Back on 10:19 - Aug 28 with 2419 viewsHollowayRanger

Just Back on 01:11 - Aug 28 by QPR1882

So the likes of Skapetis and Hitchcock don't count then ?

in time maybe but why didnt redknapp give hitchcock a real go last night?

perfect chance wasnt it?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just Back on 16:44 - Aug 28 with 2269 viewsGetMeRangers

Just Back on 07:36 - Aug 28 by themodfather

the league is the big priority but another dire home cup loss
swp is a one trick pony, poor crosser on big wages
zamora....awful
austin missed another sitter and is unfit
jenas wanted off
faurlin looked lost, we pass back so often and got caught out for their 2nd doing this across the line stuff
murphy wouldn't belt the ball upfield.....add a poor ref and a motivated and organised swindon, end of cup "run".
we have loaned out many players and not brought enough in, we have a few days to strengthen this squad.

"few days to strengthen this squad"

Slightly diff in the championship. Once the Prem clubs have chosen their squads you have up until December in which to make loans, if TF and HR cant find the right players to buy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024