Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peaky Blinders 09:11 - Sep 13 with 5732 viewsRedbourneR

Did anyone else watch this last night? I thought it was good - Murphy and Neill were excellent, and while at first I thought the modern music was anachronistic it actually worked. Not sure about the gratuitous appearance of Birmingham FC in the pub but apart from that it was terrific. A BBC take on Deadwood, or maybe Boardwalk EMpire.
Peaky Blinders on 10:05 - Sep 13 with 5695 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Peaky Blinders on 10:31 - Sep 13 with 5661 viewsdoogi55

i thought that about the music as well but in genral very good.
Peaky Blinders on 10:33 - Sep 13 with 5659 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Meant to watch this will watch podcast. There was a good article in the Mail on the gang.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Peaky Blinders on 14:56 - Sep 13 with 5509 viewsMonahoop

Has the makings of a good series, but I'll give it a couple of more episodes to totally make up my mind. This drama could go either way. Also I hate modern music played to old period dramas. It's a lazy bit of programme making when a bit of research on period music would have sufficed to give it a more authentic feel. At least Boardwalk Empire used genuine 20's soundtracks, but then I'm an old fashioned git anyway.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Peaky Blinders on 16:11 - Sep 13 with 5452 viewsRblock_James

Enjoyed it.

Absolute masterpiece compared to the usual sh!t that we're served up.
Peaky Blinders on 17:25 - Sep 13 with 5415 viewsthemodfather

this will just encourage aggro like "football factory"
i weep for the angry men around the country!

looks very good and i will catch up with ep1 asap
Peaky Blinders on 19:57 - Sep 13 with 5353 viewssmegma

Without sounding picky the appearance of Benjamin Zephaniah as the ranting bible basher complete with dreadlocks was a bit of a mistake even if he is a brummie. The appearance of dreadlocks was first recorded in the 50s.And some of the accents were a bit dubious but as a piece of drama it was very well written and acted. To think Birmingham hasn't changed one bit in over 90 years !!!
Peaky Blinders on 20:22 - Sep 13 with 5346 viewsPommyhoop

They did the modern soundtrack thing over here in UnderBelly Razor.A series about the razor gangs in 1920's Sydney. It was quite good and the music thing worked well.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Peaky Blinders on 21:15 - Sep 13 with 5302 viewsHoopstar

Top quality!

Plus I always loved the electric guitars of Sharpe!
Peaky Blinders on 21:48 - Sep 13 with 5282 viewscollegeranger

Started watching The Great Gatsby on a plane last month and then the soundtrack was suddenly Rick Ross or some such (c)rap star. Switched Off after that.
It worked to a degree in Django but playing recent music in period films seems to en vogue at the moment and I hope it won't last!!
Peaky Blinders on 22:20 - Sep 13 with 5249 viewsCiderwithRsie

Wasn't that fussed with the music one way or the other. On the whole it had a lot I liked - I'm ambivalent about mafia/gangster films because they tend to glamourise a bunch of bastards who steal from people weaker than themselves, but on the other hand the subject seems to bring out some great writing and acting. In this case I really liked the way the aftereffects of WW1 were treated as central to the way people behaved in the next few years - which surely they must have been - and that you could sort of see how all the different sides felt they were doing what they needed to do, however ruthlessly.
Peaky Blinders on 12:07 - Sep 14 with 5146 viewssmegma

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-24047750
Peaky Blinders on 13:30 - Sep 14 with 5114 viewsJonDoeman

Has no-one said they thought it was shit yet, and turned over to crimestoppers after 20mins?

It Is What It Is !!

Peaky Blinders on 21:04 - Sep 14 with 5045 viewssmegma

Peaky Blinders on 13:30 - Sep 14 by JonDoeman

Has no-one said they thought it was shit yet, and turned over to crimestoppers after 20mins?

I watched it on iplayer as I was out in Camden at a gig when it was on !!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024