Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who remembers this ..... 17:55 - Sep 19 with 6102 viewsCheshireR

I have just found this gem on youtube. It doesn't seem like 25 years ago.

Look out for a typical Gavin Maguire tackle during the game.

Who remembers this ..... on 18:11 - Sep 19 with 6080 viewsJuzzie

25 years? Eeeeek! I was there, went on the Supporters Club coach. The bloke standing next to me lived in Yeovil so probably had the quickest journey home of the QPR fans!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2013 18:11]
Who remembers this ..... on 18:16 - Sep 19 with 6062 viewsHayesender

I can just make myself out in the bit where Paddy is conducting our lot at the beginning.

My god I look young

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Who remembers this ..... on 20:19 - Sep 19 with 5925 viewsMrSheen

That was great! I remember the score but I had forgotten what a hard game that was. Interesting that both teams played five at the back, despite the legend that English teams have always played 4-4-2. Early sighting of John MacGinlay, who went on to score tons of goals for Bolton.
Who remembers this ..... on 21:05 - Sep 19 with 5875 viewsloftboy

Who remembers this ..... on 18:16 - Sep 19 by Hayesender

I can just make myself out in the bit where Paddy is conducting our lot at the beginning.

My god I look young

I was in that section as well, got a bit lively when the chicken wire fence separating the fans got breached.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who remembers this ..... on 21:15 - Sep 19 with 5855 viewsDWQPR

Gavin McGuire now runs a hairdressing business in Yeovil believe it or not. Old boy who sits in front of me travels up from Yeovil by coach for every home game and buys him a programme for each match.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Who remembers this ..... on 21:19 - Sep 19 with 5843 viewsHayesender

Who remembers this ..... on 21:05 - Sep 19 by loftboy

I was in that section as well, got a bit lively when the chicken wire fence separating the fans got breached.

I also vaguely remember a crush barrier collapsing under our weight

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Who remembers this ..... on 21:43 - Sep 19 with 5799 viewsngbqpr

Two memories of that day

1 - it was very wet

2 - baggy jeans (precursors of the modern hip hop influenced ones of today) were in vogue,,,.with big pictures on (inserts shocked emoticon). I had purchased a pair with a giant cartoon frog on one thigh - I kid you not, readers under the age of 35. This was the one and only time I wore them before they were swiftly banished to the darkest recesses of my wardrobe. Luckily there is no photographic evidence

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Who remembers this ..... on 21:43 - Sep 19 with 5799 viewsstowmarketrange

I was in the side bit under cover.What a long journey back to the station ,but well worth it.I never thought we would be playing in the same league as them,but it was a long time ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Who remembers this ..... on 21:45 - Sep 19 with 5795 viewsElHoop

I was there that day too, behind the goal giving Iles different stick to most other people around me, talking of which, I doubt that anyone else knows how many ex-Wealdstone players were in the Yeovil side that day.
Who remembers this ..... (n/t) on 22:48 - Sep 19 with 5696 viewsBrixtonR

Who remembers this ..... on 18:16 - Sep 19 by Hayesender

My god I look young

Ha Ha me too I can vaguely see myself in the surge.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2013 22:50]
Who remembers this ..... on 23:19 - Sep 19 with 5648 viewssixnil

I remember us all singing while walking from the station down these country lanes for what seemed like miles to the ground. Unfortunately the beer I drank on train down, which had sofas, probably clouded by memory of how far it actually was, but it was a great away day
Who remembers this ..... on 23:37 - Sep 19 with 5619 viewsSydneyRs

Who remembers this ..... on 23:19 - Sep 19 by sixnil

I remember us all singing while walking from the station down these country lanes for what seemed like miles to the ground. Unfortunately the beer I drank on train down, which had sofas, probably clouded by memory of how far it actually was, but it was a great away day

I was there too. The Yeovil fans were singing the Chelsea celery song. I remember one bumpkin getting nicked and copping all kinds of stick as he was marched past the covered terrace where a lot of the QPR fans were. Tough game too it certainly wasn't an easy win. I remember their programme talking about long term ambitions to be an established league club so it is great that they have achieved this.

A very muddy pitch invasion took place at full time and the corner flags made their way back to London.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2013 23:39]
Who remembers this ..... on 06:05 - Sep 20 with 5531 viewsOutWestR

Who remembers this ..... on 23:37 - Sep 19 by SydneyRs

I was there too. The Yeovil fans were singing the Chelsea celery song. I remember one bumpkin getting nicked and copping all kinds of stick as he was marched past the covered terrace where a lot of the QPR fans were. Tough game too it certainly wasn't an easy win. I remember their programme talking about long term ambitions to be an established league club so it is great that they have achieved this.

A very muddy pitch invasion took place at full time and the corner flags made their way back to London.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2013 23:39]

Ha, ha! They did indeed Sydney …. I’ve still got one of them in a box in my loft somewhere. Not sure what possessed me to nick a corner flag, but think it might have something to do with drinking cider from 7 in the morning that day.

Like someone else has said, I never thought we’d end up playing in the same division as them. I live West Country way now and there’s a general feeling of disbelief among City and Rovers fans that Yeovil are in a higher division than them.
Who remembers this ..... on 09:17 - Sep 20 with 5424 viewsElHoop

Am slightly worried about this game. Going back to Wealdstone, there were 5 old stones starting for Yeovil that day - Iles, Rutter, Donnellan. Wallace and Cordice, to my knowledge anyway. Brian Hall was Yeovil manager and he was the Stones manager when they won the double in 1985, hence the large number of players who followed him west.

One other useless piece of information is that in 1985, when the Stones were winning the double and Yeovil eventually went down, Yeovil went to Lower Mead and won 3-0, with Ian Botham scoring one of them. In fact Botham lined up against Vinnie Jones which must have been interesting.

Here's the Stones' fans recalling that night:

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5769
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024