Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenas 18:40 - Dec 14 with 6750 viewsCHUBBS

After a quiet opening spell he improved hugely for the 2nd half today making a big contribution toward the result.
He set up the 1st goal and created the opportunity for Phillips to cross for the 2nd with a powerful run and one two.
An average player maybe but i don't think he deserves the stick he's been getting as others have been worse at times.
Edit:And as bad as we've been for periods this season we're still top of this league.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2013 19:01]
Jenas on 19:35 - Dec 14 with 6649 viewsFredManRave

Well said. He does seem to get singled out when games aren't going well and today's match thread shows that yet despite the turnaround and effectiveness, as mentioned, I've only seen it recognised once.

It's ironic that when he does actually make an appearance and proves effective any mention of him disappears!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2013 19:51]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Jenas on 19:57 - Dec 14 with 6575 viewsTacticalR

He started off up front, and then at one point he made a howler of a pass across the back, so I am not sure what position he was playing. I just don't think defence is his thing. The reason he gets dug out is that he can disappear from a game for long periods (10 minutes at a time).

Air hostess clique

Jenas on 21:26 - Dec 14 with 6478 viewsCHUBBS

Jenas on 19:57 - Dec 14 by TacticalR

He started off up front, and then at one point he made a howler of a pass across the back, so I am not sure what position he was playing. I just don't think defence is his thing. The reason he gets dug out is that he can disappear from a game for long periods (10 minutes at a time).

Well there have been times this season when Hoillet,Carroll,Phillips,O'neil and even Austin have gone missing yet they don't recieve the same level of stick he gets.
It happens in football even to players the quality of Suarez but to constantly pick him out as the weak link in a team thats top of the league is very harsh.
If this had been a thread to slag him off it would still be racking up replies yet people don't want to give credit where its due.
We probably wouldn't have won but for what Jenas contributed in the 2nd half so i'm glad he was on our side today!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2013 21:27]
Jenas on 21:43 - Dec 14 with 6410 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jenas on 19:35 - Dec 14 by FredManRave

Well said. He does seem to get singled out when games aren't going well and today's match thread shows that yet despite the turnaround and effectiveness, as mentioned, I've only seen it recognised once.

It's ironic that when he does actually make an appearance and proves effective any mention of him disappears!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2013 19:51]

well if he plays well and does stuff then naturally people won't criticise him. But a couple of decent games out of 20-odd despite given numerous chances which other squad members would kill for, isn't much to shout about, sorry. Glad he did well today though and long may it continue.

Bare bones.

Jenas on 21:46 - Dec 14 with 6397 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jenas on 21:26 - Dec 14 by CHUBBS

Well there have been times this season when Hoillet,Carroll,Phillips,O'neil and even Austin have gone missing yet they don't recieve the same level of stick he gets.
It happens in football even to players the quality of Suarez but to constantly pick him out as the weak link in a team thats top of the league is very harsh.
If this had been a thread to slag him off it would still be racking up replies yet people don't want to give credit where its due.
We probably wouldn't have won but for what Jenas contributed in the 2nd half so i'm glad he was on our side today!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2013 21:27]

The difference is Austin has built up some credit by, you know, playing well in nearly every game and scoring about a dozen goals already this season. The rest of your list have all had plenty of stick, but less than Jenas because he deserved it more for consistently inadequate, invisible performances. At least O'Neil is always trying, always involved; Phillips is young and has had an injury etc etc. Jenas has been anonymous in 90% of games since he arrived in Jan. So, maybe that's why people haven't jammed the internet to rave about one decent performance.

Bare bones.

Jenas on 22:18 - Dec 14 with 6317 viewsCHUBBS

Jenas on 21:46 - Dec 14 by Antti_Heinola

The difference is Austin has built up some credit by, you know, playing well in nearly every game and scoring about a dozen goals already this season. The rest of your list have all had plenty of stick, but less than Jenas because he deserved it more for consistently inadequate, invisible performances. At least O'Neil is always trying, always involved; Phillips is young and has had an injury etc etc. Jenas has been anonymous in 90% of games since he arrived in Jan. So, maybe that's why people haven't jammed the internet to rave about one decent performance.

Not raving,just acknowledging a decent contribution from an injury prone player who's clearly been lacking confidence.
I could understand this sort of attitude with some of the useless lazy c@nts we had playing for us last season but not this.
We're one of the smaller clubs in this division yet we're top of the league but some of you lot are so spoiled you have to find someone to moan about.
We are having a good season so far and i understand that not all our players will contribute the same level of performance.But if you're going to point out a players mis givings then surely its only fair to point out his positive impact also.
Jenas on 22:30 - Dec 14 with 6284 viewsFredManRave

Anti Heinola wrote: well if he plays well and does stuff then naturally people won't criticise him.

And don't disagree with anything you said in your post but you've actually reinforced the point I was making which was that when he does actually contribute the best he can hope for is no criticism.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Jenas on 23:08 - Dec 14 with 6222 viewsHollowayRanger

way i see it he isnt great but does a job and im glad we have him

bottom line for me is ,is he a top player playing badly or just an average player playing average

plenty at club still who deserve more grief than him

ceaser how much has he earned off us already this season
swp 1 goal in two and a half seasons
hoilett massive under performer
kranjar hasnt done the job expected ,hence the need for benayoun
johnson 3 games and injured again and again and
zamorra remember him the sack of spuds

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Jenas on 09:56 - Dec 15 with 5995 viewsDylanP

He did not set up the first goal. How do you reckon that? Charlie hustled and harried the defender all the way down the wing until he got to the byline and was forced to pass back to the goalie. Charlie then pressured the goalie into a hurried clearance. The ball came out low and hard hitting Jenas who couldn't control it and it ricocheted to Phillips who took a shot. For the second goal, his contribution was the quick one-two, a nice play, to be sure, but hardly the critical move of the play.

Jenas gets stick because he doesn't contribute much. He hides during games and doesn't try very hard. He is not the worst player around, it is just that we are not that desperate that we need to be playing someone just because he's not the worst player ever. He is a professional footballer after all. It is not unusual for professional footballers to play a bit of football while they are out there, and you don't get praise just coz you do one or two of the most simple things not too badly. That is a awfully low bar you seem to be setting there.

When you go through a team of players, you should be able to say what their role in the team is: Charlie is a goal scorer, Barton sits in front of the defence breaking up atttacking plays and spreading the ball around, Caroll links up that shallow midfield with the wide men and brings the ball forward, Matty plays out wide and his role is to run at defenders and get crosses in. You get the picture. Anyhow, what does Jenas do? What does he contribute? He's not holding up the ball. He's not spreading it around. He's not a goalscorer. He's not a provider. He's not crossing. He's not tackling. He plods around avoiding tackles and difficult situations and occasionally finds himself in a situation where, inspite of himself, he has to do something and in those situations he usually does alright. He's an OK squad guy for when injury or suspension leaves us short, or as a sub late on. But what is point of playing him from the start when there are players on the bench who are desperate to be out there, who want to play and prove themselves and with real potential to make a difference: Kranjcar or Hoilett today, even Chevaton or Shariff and Hitchcock. Players like Chevaton, Shariff and Hitchcock my or may not have what it takes, but we don't really know yet. Whereas we know that Jenas isn't going to contribute much. Bear in mid, Hitchcock has scored as many goals in 10 minutes of play as Jenas has this season in many hours of play (and they both scored very similar goals, too).

Nobody likes a shirker and that is why Jenas get stick.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Jenas on 10:08 - Dec 15 with 5967 viewsShotKneesHoop

Jenas on 23:08 - Dec 14 by HollowayRanger

way i see it he isnt great but does a job and im glad we have him

bottom line for me is ,is he a top player playing badly or just an average player playing average

plenty at club still who deserve more grief than him

ceaser how much has he earned off us already this season
swp 1 goal in two and a half seasons
hoilett massive under performer
kranjar hasnt done the job expected ,hence the need for benayoun
johnson 3 games and injured again and again and
zamorra remember him the sack of spuds

Holloway Ranger.

People have criticised you for your posts in the past, but you are spot on with this one list, especially the second harris you mention.

There's a pile of poo still piled up at Loftus Road that's done more damage or given phoook hall return for the money before we start on Jenas.

Diakate is permanently missing so I would have thought he deserved the grief more than Jenas for being an occasional ghost.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Jenas on 10:31 - Dec 15 with 5935 viewsjonno

Jenas on 22:18 - Dec 14 by CHUBBS

Not raving,just acknowledging a decent contribution from an injury prone player who's clearly been lacking confidence.
I could understand this sort of attitude with some of the useless lazy c@nts we had playing for us last season but not this.
We're one of the smaller clubs in this division yet we're top of the league but some of you lot are so spoiled you have to find someone to moan about.
We are having a good season so far and i understand that not all our players will contribute the same level of performance.But if you're going to point out a players mis givings then surely its only fair to point out his positive impact also.

"We're one of the smaller clubs in this division yet we're top of the league "

Every other Club in our division, bar none, would love to have the kind of financial backing we have.
Jenas on 10:36 - Dec 15 with 5928 viewsCHUBBS

Jenas on 09:56 - Dec 15 by DylanP

He did not set up the first goal. How do you reckon that? Charlie hustled and harried the defender all the way down the wing until he got to the byline and was forced to pass back to the goalie. Charlie then pressured the goalie into a hurried clearance. The ball came out low and hard hitting Jenas who couldn't control it and it ricocheted to Phillips who took a shot. For the second goal, his contribution was the quick one-two, a nice play, to be sure, but hardly the critical move of the play.

Jenas gets stick because he doesn't contribute much. He hides during games and doesn't try very hard. He is not the worst player around, it is just that we are not that desperate that we need to be playing someone just because he's not the worst player ever. He is a professional footballer after all. It is not unusual for professional footballers to play a bit of football while they are out there, and you don't get praise just coz you do one or two of the most simple things not too badly. That is a awfully low bar you seem to be setting there.

When you go through a team of players, you should be able to say what their role in the team is: Charlie is a goal scorer, Barton sits in front of the defence breaking up atttacking plays and spreading the ball around, Caroll links up that shallow midfield with the wide men and brings the ball forward, Matty plays out wide and his role is to run at defenders and get crosses in. You get the picture. Anyhow, what does Jenas do? What does he contribute? He's not holding up the ball. He's not spreading it around. He's not a goalscorer. He's not a provider. He's not crossing. He's not tackling. He plods around avoiding tackles and difficult situations and occasionally finds himself in a situation where, inspite of himself, he has to do something and in those situations he usually does alright. He's an OK squad guy for when injury or suspension leaves us short, or as a sub late on. But what is point of playing him from the start when there are players on the bench who are desperate to be out there, who want to play and prove themselves and with real potential to make a difference: Kranjcar or Hoilett today, even Chevaton or Shariff and Hitchcock. Players like Chevaton, Shariff and Hitchcock my or may not have what it takes, but we don't really know yet. Whereas we know that Jenas isn't going to contribute much. Bear in mid, Hitchcock has scored as many goals in 10 minutes of play as Jenas has this season in many hours of play (and they both scored very similar goals, too).

No he got ahead of the defender and controlled the ball as well as he could.
He made the initial breaking run for the second long before the 1-2 so had a big part in the goal.

Going by your logic Phillips hit a scuffed shot that deflected off their defender so he didn't really score the 1st goal right?
Why can't people just admit he made a big contribution to us winning the game?
When he fcuks up people can't wait to point it out.
Jenas on 10:36 - Dec 15 with 5927 viewsjonno

Jenas on 09:56 - Dec 15 by DylanP

Jenas on 10:40 - Dec 15 with 5912 viewsTheBlob

Jenas on 10:36 - Dec 15 by jonno

Could have been four minutes shorter

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Jenas on 10:59 - Dec 15 with 5877 viewsCHUBBS

Jenas on 10:31 - Dec 15 by jonno

"We're one of the smaller clubs in this division yet we're top of the league "

Every other Club in our division, bar none, would love to have the kind of financial backing we have.

Well Reading, Blackburn,Forest,Wigan and Watford have all invested heavily in this division yet struggle in comparison to us.
Plus they didn't have the internal problems that Harry has had to deal with.Money doesn't solve these problems good management does,just look at Blackburn last season, they spent ridiculous amounts and stayed up by the skin of their teeth.Also Wolves had one of the strongest squads and did get relegated.
So a big budget doesn't always solve the problem.
Edit:forgot about Leicester another side thats thrown money at their squad for a couple of years now yet still haven't been promoted!

[Post edited 15 Dec 2013 11:15]
Jenas on 11:43 - Dec 15 with 5825 viewsjonno

Jenas on 10:59 - Dec 15 by CHUBBS

Well Reading, Blackburn,Forest,Wigan and Watford have all invested heavily in this division yet struggle in comparison to us.
Plus they didn't have the internal problems that Harry has had to deal with.Money doesn't solve these problems good management does,just look at Blackburn last season, they spent ridiculous amounts and stayed up by the skin of their teeth.Also Wolves had one of the strongest squads and did get relegated.
So a big budget doesn't always solve the problem.
Edit:forgot about Leicester another side thats thrown money at their squad for a couple of years now yet still haven't been promoted!

[Post edited 15 Dec 2013 11:15]

Of course they have spent money - but none of them have anything like the financial backing we have. That's my point. If we don't get promoted this season, in fact if we don't win the league with the squad and the financial backing we have then there is something seriously wrong.
Jenas on 12:05 - Dec 15 with 5788 viewsJonDoeman

Jenas on 11:43 - Dec 15 by jonno

Of course they have spent money - but none of them have anything like the financial backing we have. That's my point. If we don't get promoted this season, in fact if we don't win the league with the squad and the financial backing we have then there is something seriously wrong.

Plenty of examples of money being thrown at this league without success.
The prime example being Wolves & the golden tit......

It Is What It Is !!

Jenas on 12:10 - Dec 15 with 5783 viewsJonDoeman

Good thread BTW Chubbs, definitely a bit of bandwagon jumping going on!

It Is What It Is !!

Jenas on 12:33 - Dec 15 with 5753 viewsCHUBBS

Jenas on 11:43 - Dec 15 by jonno

That financial backing is still paying millions out to players signed by previous managers that aren't even playing for us.
Pretty much every player signed by Redknapp is contributing to the cause.The poorest signing he made was Samba and we got the fee we laid out back.
It doesn't matter what backing you have if you don't use it wisely so i don't get your point?
Jenas on 12:40 - Dec 15 with 5744 viewsCHUBBS

Jenas on 12:10 - Dec 15 by JonDoeman

Good thread BTW Chubbs, definitely a bit of bandwagon jumping going on!

Yeah your not wrong jon.
It amazes me how people will critisise a player(and rightly so on occasions)for poor performances then do the same after a decent one!!
They were pretty much all shit for 55 minutes yesterday yet he got the most stick.
He sets up the 1st yet some will say "no he didn't" when its there right in front of them.
He starts the move and puts in Phillips for the 2nd yet he "only played a bit part".
I just don't get it!
Jenas on 14:52 - Dec 15 with 5654 viewsjonno

Jenas on 12:33 - Dec 15 by CHUBBS

That financial backing is still paying millions out to players signed by previous managers that aren't even playing for us.
Pretty much every player signed by Redknapp is contributing to the cause.The poorest signing he made was Samba and we got the fee we laid out back.
It doesn't matter what backing you have if you don't use it wisely so i don't get your point?

The point is that we are now finally using it relatively wisely - and therefore the finances we have give us a big advantage over all other teams in the division.
Jenas on 15:32 - Dec 15 with 5626 viewsCHUBBS

Jenas on 14:52 - Dec 15 by jonno

The point is that we are now finally using it relatively wisely - and therefore the finances we have give us a big advantage over all other teams in the division.

So you're basically saying we have a good manager who is signing and building a quality squad!
Well from what i can see we're in complete agreement so i don't get what we're supposed to be debating.

Lets just agree to agree on this one.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2013 15:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024