Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells 21:44 - Dec 24 with 7456 viewsowza

We have 1 fit striker at the moment, we desperately need another striker and I think this is the man we need to partner Charlie Austin and propel our season onwards. You look at his goalscoring record for Bradford and it is second to none -something like 52 goals in 100 appearances. You could argue that he would be a bit of a risk and it would be a big step up for the lad but he has risen to each and every challenge put infront of him at Bradford and continues to score week in, week out. He is currently the League 1 top goalscorer with 14 goals and at the age of 23, I think he would be the perfect coup for us. Young, raw talent. The rumour is that he is available for £3 million in January and that would be a steal as far as I am concerned?! It was interesting reading this article about Wells' future and what some of their fans made of it - http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20131206/SPORT01/131209802

As much as I like Peter Crouch, I don't think he is the man we need right now and certainly not what we need for the long-term if we get back into the premier league. He would be a good presence for Charlie in the final third and free him up a little but I think he would just hold the game up a bit too much and turn into a Zamora sought of figure :/ Anyway I think Redknapp must turn to youth and in the form of Nahki Wells I think we have a force to be reckoned with. What are your thoughts? Do you think we should go for younger prospects in the transfer market or does Crouchy float your boat?
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 21:49 - Dec 24 with 6178 viewsHollowayRanger

never heard of your bloke might be a 5 ft from china for all i know but

I AGREE

id rather we got someone with a future then someone with a long past

much as i like crunchie crouch and positive i would say is i think we can all say he would come to stich us up like many recent signings

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 01:11 - Dec 25 with 6065 viewsHooparoo

Completely agree. Despite a blip or two we should go back up so now is the time to plan for the future.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 01:30 - Dec 25 with 6048 viewsSpiritofGregory

No to Crouch. That would be yet another older player on high wages who is past his sell by date.

We also need a free scoring midfielder.
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 06:02 - Dec 25 with 6017 viewshoopdog

Not a chance imo of Harry going for some one like Wells we are top 3 at the halfway stage I think he will go for what he sees as tried and trusted and that will put crouch at the top of his list
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 11:01 - Dec 25 with 5866 viewsHollowayRanger

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 06:02 - Dec 25 by hoopdog

Not a chance imo of Harry going for some one like Wells we are top 3 at the halfway stage I think he will go for what he sees as tried and trusted and that will put crouch at the top of his list

sadly i agree

all harry is worried about is the next 5-6 months

promotion will surely include a nice bonus for him and look at the players he's signed nearly all old tried and trusted experienced players

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:06 - Dec 25 with 5826 viewseghamranger

Why would crouch be such a bad idea, he still scores in the premier. Short term contract as age is against him. Don't think TF will have his pants pulled down.
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:10 - Dec 25 with 5823 viewshoopdog

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 11:01 - Dec 25 by HollowayRanger

sadly i agree

all harry is worried about is the next 5-6 months

promotion will surely include a nice bonus for him and look at the players he's signed nearly all old tried and trusted experienced players

Well think what Phill Beard has already said don't exspect a lot of movement in jan but there will be a lot of movement in the summer should we go up
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:17 - Dec 25 with 5811 viewsexiled_dictator

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:06 - Dec 25 by eghamranger

Why would crouch be such a bad idea, he still scores in the premier. Short term contract as age is against him. Don't think TF will have his pants pulled down.

Crouch is allegedly on £65k a week on a contract till June 2015
How much will it take for him to move to us, regardless of him liking us, played for Harry loads a times before?
Why would he leave the Stoke contract just to play for us?

Geez egham, you have started your Christmas drinking early.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Login to get fewer ads

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:24 - Dec 25 with 5805 viewsisawqpratwcity

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:10 - Dec 25 by hoopdog

Well think what Phill Beard has already said don't exspect a lot of movement in jan but there will be a lot of movement in the summer should we go up

I would much rather address whatever areas (striker, please, striker) in the January window so as to bond a team that could best move into the Premier with minimal disruption.

Is this presumptuous? Yes, but not too much.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:27 - Dec 25 with 5801 viewsexiled_dictator

The issue is Harry.
He is the manager and will want what he wants just to get us over the line come the end of the season.
This is his priority, not long term.
For all we know, he will get us promoted and resign to retirement and TV. He will not be concerned who is in our squad, and any long term plans.
His priorities are not what ours are.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:27 - Dec 25 with 5802 viewsisawqpratwcity

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:17 - Dec 25 by exiled_dictator

How much will it take for him to move to us, regardless of him liking us, played for Harry loads a times before?

Not disagreeing, but, damn, Crouchie seems to be having an Indian Summer.

PS Why ain't you at work?

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:31 - Dec 25 with 5798 viewshoopdog

18 months to go thats about what we should offer him Barton is said to be on more than 65k and nobody is complaining the form he's been .
65k is about 20k over what we should be paying that 20k would be good business to give us the extra chance
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 20:09 - Dec 25 with 5665 viewsPommyhoop

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 21:49 - Dec 24 by HollowayRanger

never heard of your bloke might be a 5 ft from china for all i know but

I AGREE

id rather we got someone with a future then someone with a long past

much as i like crunchie crouch and positive i would say is i think we can all say he would come to stich us up like many recent signings

Just for you Holloway.
He's a 23 year old Bermudian

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 21:31 - Dec 25 with 5603 viewseghamranger

I would take crouch in jan for £2 million on 50k a week.

He will score goals and would have to play with Austin up front, would do a better job than AJ there. We cocked up not letting him go to palace, bet AJ is on more than Crouch is. No brainier in my book.
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 23:29 - Dec 25 with 5549 viewsowza

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 21:31 - Dec 25 by eghamranger

He will score goals and would have to play with Austin up front, would do a better job than AJ there. We cocked up not letting him go to palace, bet AJ is on more than Crouch is. No brainier in my book.

I disagree.

1) He would not score a lot of goals if you ask me, he is 32 and would be more of a creator than scorer at this stage in his career, especially with his aerial ability.
2) You seem to think 50k a week in the championship is fine, I can assure you it is certainly NOT, despite a number of players being on that at our club. I think younger players, especially Wells, would not be on particularly high wages and I feel he would guarantee goals.
3) I reckon £2 million could be invested on better prospects to be perfectly honest.

I do agree that Crouch would be a much better option than AJ up top but I think it would be disastrous if we signed him, especially with his age and the wage he would be on. I think we should completely turn away from that direction and go for players with something to prove not players looking to be on one last pay packet.
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 00:02 - Dec 26 with 5519 viewsowza

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:27 - Dec 25 by exiled_dictator

The issue is Harry.
He is the manager and will want what he wants just to get us over the line come the end of the season.
This is his priority, not long term.
For all we know, he will get us promoted and resign to retirement and TV. He will not be concerned who is in our squad, and any long term plans.
His priorities are not what ours are.

You make a very good point. All Harry wants to do is make sure we ensure promotion by turning to his 'players' and then he will review his options from there. I think we should do this by turning to younger players though. The reason why I mention Wells is because it is known that Redknapp is a long-term admirer. I, myself, rate Wells as a footballer highly, he puts a lot of work in and his goal scoring record at Bradford is very impressive. Also at the age of 23 he has a clear future ahead of him. You see, it would be interesting to see what the reaction of our team would be if we got stuck down in the play-off places in 4th or 5th. We could potentially crumble under the pressure as we seem to be underestimating our opponents and we are just way too complacent e.g. Doncaster away! If that happens Redknapp might have to take a serious look at his squad especially as we haven't been scoring nowhere enough goals for a top 2 side. Most teams in this division have scored more goals than us including teams like Millwall and Birmingham -I find that a bit embarrassing and it worries me a lot. Of course we could just bounce back if we found ourselves in that situation but something like that could quite well happen if we don't address our lack of decent strikers situation. I just think someone like Nahki Wells who is quite a crafty, little player who has matured a bit more this season would be ideal for us and would come on minimal wages with something to prove.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 0:05]
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 00:03 - Dec 26 with 5518 viewsisawqpratwcity

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 21:31 - Dec 25 by eghamranger

At the time I was vehemently against AJ going to Palace because Harry was making no move to get in a replacement striker. It was making the striker line-up worse, not better.

In retrospect, considering the input AJ's had all season, I couldn't have been much more wrong.

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 06:19 - Dec 26 with 5472 viewsparker64

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 12:10 - Dec 25 by hoopdog

Not many in the current lot who would get in a premiership side. Simpson maybe, struggling after that.
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 06:56 - Dec 26 with 5460 viewsPommyhoop

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 06:19 - Dec 26 by parker64

Not many in the current lot who would get in a premiership side. Simpson maybe, struggling after that.

Exactly. Looks like weve forgotton that a Summer trolley dash does'nt work.

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 07:04 - Dec 26 with 5458 viewsPommyhoop

Probably end up with Eider Gudjohnsen. He's a triffic lad ,still playing ,kept himself in trim ,only 35 and would love to return to London to top up his pension.And guess what?He's ex f@cking Scum. Ticks all the boxes.

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 07:11 - Dec 26 with 5455 viewshoopdog

Can somebody tell me why age is such a big concern in this country where it'not anywhere else , 32 and ready for the knackers yard do me a favour ! Age is only a problem if
You dont carry out a full medical and dish out extended contracts , the real problem can be lack of sell on value but a club can stand that to reach their targets go fo it , Dery Hill Nelson Dunne all deemed to be in the twylight of their game yet all have been top players for us nothing wrong with a bit of age just get the ballance right ,
If anybody thinks Austin is the finnished player they are in for a shock he could still learn a lot from seasoned forward to play along side better for him to learn now than next season if we go up
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 07:41 - Dec 26 with 5445 viewsPommyhoop

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 07:11 - Dec 26 by hoopdog

Can somebody tell me why age is such a big concern in this country where it'not anywhere else , 32 and ready for the knackers yard do me a favour ! Age is only a problem if
You dont carry out a full medical and dish out extended contracts , the real problem can be lack of sell on value but a club can stand that to reach their targets go fo it , Dery Hill Nelson Dunne all deemed to be in the twylight of their game yet all have been top players for us nothing wrong with a bit of age just get the ballance right ,
If anybody thinks Austin is the finnished player they are in for a shock he could still learn a lot from seasoned forward to play along side better for him to learn now than next season if we go up

Crouch is 1 month short of 33. I know he's QPR and all that but do you really think he's worth the wages and length of contract he'd demand? If (big IF) we could get him on a 6 month see how you go Yossi type deal fair enuff but I cant see that happening.
Dunno why but 80 grand a week for 18 months is therabouts what I recon we'd pay.

edit just googled his wages ..All over the shop .But this one said that Stoke had to match the 80000 a week Spuds were paying him back in the day.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/stoke-must-up-wages-to-buy
If that is true ,these boys dont normally entertain wage cuts do they.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 8:05]

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 08:09 - Dec 26 with 5417 viewshoopdog

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 07:41 - Dec 26 by Pommyhoop

Crouch is 1 month short of 33. I know he's QPR and all that but do you really think he's worth the wages and length of contract he'd demand? If (big IF) we could get him on a 6 month see how you go Yossi type deal fair enuff but I cant see that happening.
Dunno why but 80 grand a week for 18 months is therabouts what I recon we'd pay.

edit just googled his wages ..All over the shop .But this one said that Stoke had to match the 80000 a week Spuds were paying him back in the day.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/stoke-must-up-wages-to-buy
If that is true ,these boys dont normally entertain wage cuts do they.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 8:05]

You nor I know anything about what a deal might involve we can only suppose one we do know it wont come down to him being a QPR man he has a contract coming with Sky for a tv chat show so he would be in the right location with us a factor ? I don't know !
If fit on the right deal we have to go for it a no brainer 18 months max , but I don't think the terms you propose fetch anybody other than the likes of our last 4 signings , cmon 33 you can't tell you havent seen players tunrning a shift at 36 , just my view I, m off out now cheers
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 8:14]
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 08:17 - Dec 26 with 5405 viewsJonDoeman

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 07:04 - Dec 26 by Pommyhoop

Probably end up with Eider Gudjohnsen. He's a triffic lad ,still playing ,kept himself in trim ,only 35 and would love to return to London to top up his pension.And guess what?He's ex f@cking Scum. Ticks all the boxes.

Have a day off pommy, you worry too much mate!!

Can't see a Crouch deal happening . Bob's back

It Is What It Is !!

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 08:26 - Dec 26 with 5396 viewsPommyhoop

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 08:09 - Dec 26 by hoopdog

You nor I know anything about what a deal might involve we can only suppose one we do know it wont come down to him being a QPR man he has a contract coming with Sky for a tv chat show so he would be in the right location with us a factor ? I don't know !
If fit on the right deal we have to go for it a no brainer 18 months max , but I don't think the terms you propose fetch anybody other than the likes of our last 4 signings , cmon 33 you can't tell you havent seen players tunrning a shift at 36 , just my view I, m off out now cheers
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 8:14]

Its not just his age. He's scoring a few goals for a team who endlessly bung long balls ,long throws and fire in crosses . What makes you think H is suddenly going to play 2 up front or even be able to coach the likes of Hoilett to get in a cross? If H is thinking of going 1 big man 1 little man up front I'd rather he gets a youngen like Wells to be the little man and have Austin as the big man.Failing that and he insists going for an old player he knows on big money I'd reluctingly accept the original little nippy man Defoe

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024