Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half-Season Survey 13:06 - Dec 29 with 1849 viewsdaib0

Hi everyone, it’s daib0 here again!!

I'm wondering if you are able to answer a few questions about your season so far, we are doing a similar thing on many championship forums to get a general inter-forum idea of the nearly half-way mark:

*What was your best game of the season so far?
*Who has been your best player?
*Who has been your underperformer?
*Who has been your best signing?
*Do you believe you are underperforming, overachieving or are performing how you expected at the start of the season?

The questions are always the same for each club so it’s never personal! I'll get a general vibe from the members or I'll do an average.

It'll just help with a write up we’re doing for the Tilehurst End site and the Royals Rendezvous forum - where we’ll mention of course which forums were asked for the various categories.

Cheers guys,

daib0

Royals Rendezvous - a friendly Reading forum

Half-Season Survey on 20:32 - Dec 29 with 1780 viewsdaib0

last entries in tomorrow (Monday) night please; sorry to rush you, but being an end-of-year thing I've been told to have the replies ready by tomorrow! One last effort then ! I'll get a resume put up on here, will cover most teams from the Championship ...

Royals Rendezvous - a friendly Reading forum

Half-Season Survey on 20:39 - Dec 29 with 1770 viewsHollowayRanger

first game of season v sheff wed losing 0-1 turned it round won 2-1 that gave us hope

was joey barton but red card spoilt that, now charlie austins 1 man attack!

zamorra johnson hoillett swp ceasar diakite that your pick

charlie austin

*Do you believe you are underperforming, overachieving or are performing how you expected at the start of the season?
for the money they are on under performing
from last season to this over performing

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Half-Season Survey on 11:39 - Dec 30 with 1701 viewswhittocksRs

We've played well a few times - Derby and Middlesboro (both at home) stick out.

Joey Barton has been by far the most consistent, though Charlie Austin needs an honourable mention for adapting to an impossible role as the lone striker with no service.

Got to be out of Hoilett, AJ - for his injury record, Zamora - same - and Tom Carroll. Oh, and Jenas.

Austin.

Redknapp did well to put any sort of team together after the disaster of 2012/13 but has made some appalling signings and doesn't have a plan B when our keep ball strategy doesn't work. I was surprised we were top a few months back and with the consistency but that's gone now. Play-offs would be an achievement now as we're weak in a few key positions.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 11:57]
Half-Season Survey on 11:44 - Dec 30 with 1692 viewsdaveB

Sheffield Wednesday opening day, came from behind to win, was an exciting game with the result not certain until the final whistle

draw between Danny Simpson and Joey Barton

Junior Hoilett

Charlie Austin

We're doing better than I expected, I thought we'd be mid table and push on in the 2nd half of the season to make the playoffs
Half-Season Survey on 11:53 - Dec 30 with 1677 viewsAntti_Heinola

Home to Middlesrough

Charlie Austin

How much space have you got? I'll go for Jenas.

Charlie Austin

Amazingly, both overachieving and underperforming!

Bare bones.

Half-Season Survey on 11:53 - Dec 30 with 1677 viewsPinnerPaul

Game - Ipswich at home - manor of victory and because of who scored the winner

Player - Barton - Like him or loath him - he is the driving force behind the team

Under Performer - The whole squad. I'm not unhappy per se with position, but given squad, on paper, we should be top if we're being 100% honest

Signing - Austin. Dunne also inspired but easier to cover for than CA (See last two games!)

Expectation - I posted on here in the summer that we would finish 5th, so better than I thought - just!
Half-Season Survey on 12:51 - Dec 30 with 1659 viewsJuzzie

*What was your best game of the season so far? - Middlesborough at home. Tore them apart, should have been more than 2-0.

*Who has been your best player? - Barton
*Who has been your underperformer? - A lot ... mostly from midfield hence our inability to score.

*Who has been your best signing? Austin

*Do you believe you are underperforming, overachieving or are performing how you expected at the start of the season? - I think we're are about where we thought we'd be come Christmas but what has been frustrating is the team can clearly do so much more. They're too cautious, scared to lose rather than go out to win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024