Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who should take corners? 17:11 - Jan 13 with 1771 viewswelwynhoop

The best corners from us this season that I have seen have been taken by BAE but I can't say that I have seen them all. I have certainly seen some very poor ones though by other members of the team.
Who should take corners? on 17:20 - Jan 13 with 1751 viewsHantsR

I was thinking earlier this season that we seemed to have improved a little in this respect but Saturday's was back to the worst of last two seasons.

Ale had been taking some decent corners and Barton seemed to be emerging as chief corner-taker but his procedure placing the ball tantalisingly just on the edge or in my view, outside the corner arc. is simply annoying to everyone and makes him look even more of a pillock when he can't even clear the first man. I think he seemed to be alluding to a cloggy pitch on Saturday but I didn't really buy that.

Apart from missing out on a goal-scoring opportunity, this invariably sets up a dangerous counter attack, witness Portman Road! It ought to be possible for any one of Barton, Carroll, BAE, Phillips to take a decent corner - not rocket science shirley!?
Who should take corners? on 17:40 - Jan 13 with 1721 viewsJonDoeman

I think Benny Ekotto should take them all......
Barton's have deteriorated they were good at the start of the season.

It Is What It Is !!

Who should take corners? on 17:44 - Jan 13 with 1712 viewssimmo

Players are not incapable, if there is a consistent problem with set pieces then it needs to be address on the training pitch. The quality has been low for ages, during our premier league years they were a disgrace.

I think BAE should inswing them from the right as he has a decent delivery generally, Kranjcar maybe for the other side although I would quite like him lingering outside the box for 2nd balls, as he's got a good hit from distance.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Who should take corners? on 18:09 - Jan 13 with 1681 viewsLblock

Our set pieces are shite!

Richard Dunne Dunne Dunne Dunne should be bagging at least 6 goals at this level and Hill a similar amount
Correct trajectory and pace should equal goals. This is the one aspect of the game at any level which can be drilled and coached. Looks like we never work on them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Who should take corners? on 18:29 - Jan 13 with 1654 viewsTacticalR

Nobody. Corners should be given to the opposition for a goal kick. Joey can't even place the ball correctly in the corner circle.

Air hostess clique

Who should take corners? on 18:44 - Jan 13 with 1629 viewsdaveB

Barton was good at the start of the season but we do tend to knock set piece ability out of players, been that way for a long time
Who should take corners? on 18:52 - Jan 13 with 1620 viewsWatford_Ranger

Would like to see LTC and Benayoun try. Both are unlikely to be effective at winning the header and it allows better defensive players to stay back.
Who should take corners? on 19:35 - Jan 13 with 1581 viewsbaz_qpr

BAE is the only player capable of whipping them in, Barton can just do floaters. Our inability to score from set pieces is shocking really
Login to get fewer ads

Who should take corners? on 20:59 - Jan 13 with 1532 views08olesen

Adel had to be the worst. never cleared the first man last year.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Who should take corners? on 21:42 - Jan 13 with 1504 viewsFredManRave

Who should take corners? on 18:29 - Jan 13 by TacticalR

Nobody. Corners should be given to the opposition for a goal kick. Joey can't even place the ball correctly in the corner circle.

corner arc, shirley?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Who should take corners? on 21:59 - Jan 13 with 1482 viewsbosh67

For me it should be Benny Ekotto.

However, at Loftus Road the opposition always seem to take better corners so perhaps we should ask one of them to take our corners too?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024