Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlong on one month loan 14:02 - Sep 11 with 3613 viewsFDC

Good that he's getting game time for a few weeks

LOAN: #QPR defender @DarnellFurlong has joined @ntfc on a one-month loan. Good luck, Darnell! http://t.co/uWDcCGXmHU
Furlong on one month loan on 14:07 - Sep 11 with 2836 viewsNorthernr

Like to see that extended out for the full three months if they're going to pick him every week. Could be a great signing at that level and be interesting to see how he goes on playing week in week out.
Furlong on one month loan on 14:24 - Sep 11 with 2776 viewssimmo

Back up RB is who? Nedum?

He needs games though, I hope he plays

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Furlong on one month loan on 14:24 - Sep 11 with 2773 viewsaston_hoop

Good news as there is a good player in there that needs game time at a proper level (not reserves). Also what makes this feel different compared to previous youngsters leaving on loan in the last few years is that you feel that if he does well, he'll actually get a chance in the first team rather than be primed for another loan!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Furlong on one month loan on 14:32 - Sep 11 with 2744 viewsNorthernr

Furlong on one month loan on 14:24 - Sep 11 by simmo

Perhaps that's why it's only short term - after the first month we can recall him at 24 hours notice if he stays longer.
Furlong on one month loan on 15:13 - Sep 11 with 2641 viewsdaveB

comical that when young players were loaned out under Redknapp it was a 5 page thread on what a disgrace everything is, now it's good news
Furlong on one month loan on 15:15 - Sep 11 with 2636 viewsdaveB

Not long since many were saying Henry should be right back instead of Furlong in the first team in the prem so can always do that
Furlong on one month loan on 15:17 - Sep 11 with 2625 viewskensalriser

This is because everything, but everything, Redknapp did was pure evil.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Furlong on one month loan on 15:26 - Sep 11 with 2595 viewsJamie

With Yun due back, I would imagine it's probably Konchesky tbh. Whilst obviously, he's a LB, with 500 games of experience, I'm sure he can competently fill in if necessary.
Login to get fewer ads

Furlong on one month loan on 15:29 - Sep 11 with 2586 viewsderbyhoop

Just what Darnell needs. Get him used to playing against men, week in, week out.

And he can be recalled at 24 hours notice after the first 28 days.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Furlong on one month loan on 15:30 - Sep 11 with 2582 viewsNorthernr

Furlong on one month loan on 15:13 - Sep 11 by daveB

comical that when young players were loaned out under Redknapp it was a 5 page thread on what a disgrace everything is, now it's good news

1 - Redknapp loaned out Ehmer, Harriman, Doughty over and over and over again to the same level. What was the point? There never seemed to be any idea behind it other than get them playing some sort of football for a bit. Once you've played three seasons on loan in league One, what exactly is to be gained from another three months at Yeovil? If in four years time Darnell is completing a fifth loan spell at Northampton and making his 100th appearance for them, with bits and pieces at Orient and Dagenham in between, then this point will be valid.

2 - Loaning out an 18 year old with very little first team experience to get some is always going to be a good idea. Loaning out a 22/23 year old into League One yet again after he's spent the previous four years doing the same thing is a totally pointless exercise and deserves to be criticised as such. Either pick them, get them a loan at a higher level or release them.

3 - With the current regime you get the impression Furlong is being sent to Northampton with a purpose. Toughen him up, get some minutes under his belt, get some regular competitive action - all with an eye on him transitioning into the first team here at QPR in the future. Redknapp shovelled players out here there and everywhere with not one single intention on ever using them here and therefore didn't give a monkey's toss whether they were in Gillingham's team or on their bench, whether they did well or not, because it was all completely irrelevant to him. Too busy signing Mobido Maiga on loan to wonder how Tom Hitchcock is getting on at Rotherham.

4 - While shovelling said players out, Redknapp also liked to go out and get other people's kids in on loan to come and learn on our time - an opportunity never once afforded to a single one of the kids we owned ourselves. Will Keane, Tom Carroll, Andros Townsend etc Some successful, some not, but a further extension of his "always another player" bullsht. We ended up pisin Jamie Mackie off so he left just to give Andros Townsend three months to push his case for a first team spot at Spurs.

So yeh, fcking deserved a five page thread when it happened, it was bloody ridiculous. Ehmer could easily have done us a similar job to the one Doughty is doing now last time we were at this level, but we bombed him out for another season on loan in League One and signed Aaron fcking Hughes instead.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Furlong on one month loan on 15:35 - Sep 11 with 2559 viewsBasingstokeR

Furlong on one month loan on 15:13 - Sep 11 by daveB

Don't see a comical element to this
Furlong on one month loan on 15:44 - Sep 11 with 2519 viewsbosh67

Good move for him. Needs games. Bags of potential.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Furlong on one month loan on 15:49 - Sep 11 with 2498 viewsdaveB

Furlong on one month loan on 15:30 - Sep 11 by Northernr

1 - Redknapp loaned out Ehmer, Harriman, Doughty over and over and over again to the same level. What was the point? There never seemed to be any idea behind it other than get them playing some sort of football for a bit. Once you've played three seasons on loan in league One, what exactly is to be gained from another three months at Yeovil? If in four years time Darnell is completing a fifth loan spell at Northampton and making his 100th appearance for them, with bits and pieces at Orient and Dagenham in between, then this point will be valid.

2 - Loaning out an 18 year old with very little first team experience to get some is always going to be a good idea. Loaning out a 22/23 year old into League One yet again after he's spent the previous four years doing the same thing is a totally pointless exercise and deserves to be criticised as such. Either pick them, get them a loan at a higher level or release them.

3 - With the current regime you get the impression Furlong is being sent to Northampton with a purpose. Toughen him up, get some minutes under his belt, get some regular competitive action - all with an eye on him transitioning into the first team here at QPR in the future. Redknapp shovelled players out here there and everywhere with not one single intention on ever using them here and therefore didn't give a monkey's toss whether they were in Gillingham's team or on their bench, whether they did well or not, because it was all completely irrelevant to him. Too busy signing Mobido Maiga on loan to wonder how Tom Hitchcock is getting on at Rotherham.

4 - While shovelling said players out, Redknapp also liked to go out and get other people's kids in on loan to come and learn on our time - an opportunity never once afforded to a single one of the kids we owned ourselves. Will Keane, Tom Carroll, Andros Townsend etc Some successful, some not, but a further extension of his "always another player" bullsht. We ended up pisin Jamie Mackie off so he left just to give Andros Townsend three months to push his case for a first team spot at Spurs.

So yeh, fcking deserved a five page thread when it happened, it was bloody ridiculous. Ehmer could easily have done us a similar job to the one Doughty is doing now last time we were at this level, but we bombed him out for another season on loan in League One and signed Aaron fcking Hughes instead.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Doughty has spoken recently about not being anywhere near ready for the first team in recent years and the loan spells really helping him.

Easy to say they are being loaned out with a plan now but not before, still the same outcome, they are going out on loan and if good enough might get a chance but probably won't.

Just find it odd how similar plans for young players involving loans are seen as a disgrace under one manager and great under a different one. For what it's worth I think if they are not going to play in the first team then the best thing to do is loan them out and get them some experience. I'd loan Furlong, Kwepka and a few others out for the season and see how they get on
Furlong on one month loan on 15:51 - Sep 11 with 2484 viewsNorthernr

Furlong on one month loan on 15:49 - Sep 11 by daveB

Doughty has spoken recently about not being anywhere near ready for the first team in recent years and the loan spells really helping him.

Easy to say they are being loaned out with a plan now but not before, still the same outcome, they are going out on loan and if good enough might get a chance but probably won't.

Just find it odd how similar plans for young players involving loans are seen as a disgrace under one manager and great under a different one. For what it's worth I think if they are not going to play in the first team then the best thing to do is loan them out and get them some experience. I'd loan Furlong, Kwepka and a few others out for the season and see how they get on

It was a disgrace because they weren't 18 yos with no experience like Furlong, they were 22 year olds with 100 League One games under their belts. It was a disgrace because however well they did, they were never going to be picked here, as he proved over and over again. Ramsey has shown a willingness to at least try them.
Furlong on one month loan on 16:01 - Sep 11 with 2452 viewsderbyhoop

Furlong on one month loan on 15:51 - Sep 11 by Northernr

It was a disgrace because they weren't 18 yos with no experience like Furlong, they were 22 year olds with 100 League One games under their belts. It was a disgrace because however well they did, they were never going to be picked here, as he proved over and over again. Ramsey has shown a willingness to at least try them.

Ehmer played around 100 games in L1 for a variety of clubs, while we were bringing in Oweyu and not playing him. Maybe, Ehmer, was never going to be better than L1 but does it really take 100 games to find out. Letting him go to Gillingham on a free, indicates that assessment was about right.
Doughty has also spent long periods on loan but is now part of the first team squad.
Petrasso has about 50 L1 games, Harriman approaching 100. Neither are close to first team, so it does make you wonder why the latter was offered a new deal. MP had suffered with injuries.

I agree with Clive that, this time, the loan does seem to have some rational thinking behind it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Furlong on one month loan on 16:02 - Sep 11 with 2448 viewsdaveB

Furlong on one month loan on 15:51 - Sep 11 by Northernr

Lets be honest though were those 22 year olds good enough at the time? If Harriman or Ehmer had stayed and Ramsey was manager would they really have played over Simpson, Dunne, Ned, Hill etc. Possibly the odd game if we had injuries but never as regulars.

I think they'd have been loaned out, no matter who the manager was as the ethos at the club was not to bring kids through it was all about promotion.

All changed now of course but still Harriman was loaned out again by Ramsey when we had no other right backs.

Doughty is doing well now but he'll only really start games if we have injuries, I bet he'll be out on loan again by the end of next month
Furlong on one month loan on 16:18 - Sep 11 with 2393 viewsPommyhoop

Dave...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Furlong on one month loan on 16:21 - Sep 11 with 2386 viewsfrancisbowles

Clive, is Harriman available for recall after 28 days?
Furlong on one month loan on 16:22 - Sep 11 with 2383 viewsAntti_Heinola

Furlong on one month loan on 16:02 - Sep 11 by daveB

Lets be honest though were those 22 year olds good enough at the time? If Harriman or Ehmer had stayed and Ramsey was manager would they really have played over Simpson, Dunne, Ned, Hill etc. Possibly the odd game if we had injuries but never as regulars.

I think they'd have been loaned out, no matter who the manager was as the ethos at the club was not to bring kids through it was all about promotion.

All changed now of course but still Harriman was loaned out again by Ramsey when we had no other right backs.

Doughty is doing well now but he'll only really start games if we have injuries, I bet he'll be out on loan again by the end of next month

Harriman was better than Bosingwa, yes. And Yun was better than BAE, yes.

Bare bones.

Furlong on one month loan on 16:30 - Sep 11 with 2354 viewsNorthernr

Furlong on one month loan on 16:02 - Sep 11 by daveB

Doughty looks plenty good enough to me and I'll be surprised if that is the case.

In 2013/14 Onuoha got injured in September. Aaron Hughes started 11 games for us and Luke Young (ridiculously) one over the course of the season. Ehmer could have had at least dozen games at Championship level there no problem at all. That would have been far better for him than yet another spell in League One where he'd already made more than 100 appearances for six different clubs over four seasons. If he wasn't good enough then fair enough, but we never tried to find out. Even if he wasn't I can't imagine he'd have been much worse than Hughes and Young were, he would have been cheaper and it would also have sent a positive message to the staff and players in the youth set up that the chance is there.
Furlong on one month loan on 16:31 - Sep 11 with 2352 viewsNorthernr

Furlong on one month loan on 16:21 - Sep 11 by francisbowles

Clive, is Harriman available for recall after 28 days?

No - long term loans have no recall, only the 1-3 monthers.
Furlong on one month loan on 17:12 - Sep 11 with 2256 viewsdaveB

Furlong on one month loan on 16:30 - Sep 11 by Northernr

Doughty looks plenty good enough to me and I'll be surprised if that is the case.

In 2013/14 Onuoha got injured in September. Aaron Hughes started 11 games for us and Luke Young (ridiculously) one over the course of the season. Ehmer could have had at least dozen games at Championship level there no problem at all. That would have been far better for him than yet another spell in League One where he'd already made more than 100 appearances for six different clubs over four seasons. If he wasn't good enough then fair enough, but we never tried to find out. Even if he wasn't I can't imagine he'd have been much worse than Hughes and Young were, he would have been cheaper and it would also have sent a positive message to the staff and players in the youth set up that the chance is there.

Would agree Doughty looks very good but with Faurlin, Gladwin, Fer, Luongo, Sandro, new Hungarian man plus Henry I wouldn't be shocked to see Doughty find it hard to get a game soon.

For Ehmers development he was probably better off playing regular football than hoping we'd get an injury so he could play a dozen games. It would have sent a positive message if he had got a chance but thats not what the owners wanted at the time, Redknapp delivered exactly what they wanted, big names, short term aims and promotion
Furlong on one month loan on 17:14 - Sep 11 with 2252 viewsdaveB

Furlong on one month loan on 16:22 - Sep 11 by Antti_Heinola

Harriman was better than Bosingwa, yes. And Yun was better than BAE, yes.

Yun another one who got better after a loan spell and although Harriman certainly a better attitude than Bosingwa can't agree he was a better player
Furlong on one month loan on 17:25 - Sep 11 with 2226 viewsJeff

Furlong on one month loan on 17:14 - Sep 11 by daveB

Yun another one who got better after a loan spell and although Harriman certainly a better attitude than Bosingwa can't agree he was a better player

What loan spell was that? He went to Donny Rovers for three months, immediately got injured and barely played?!

Can we not knock it?

Furlong on one month loan on 17:50 - Sep 11 with 2185 viewsHunterhoop

Dave, that first post of yours deserved to be ripped to shreds and duly has been.

Your perverse desire to indirectly defend Redknapp at every opportunity by implying there is gross inconsistency to people's analysis of the man, due to some strange bias against him, is all rather odd.

There's no bias against the "man", per se. There's just lots and lots of good reasoning as to why is actions were utterly awful in so many regards.

This is just one of those cases where Clive has called it out and hone through them. It is not strange.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024