Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play 11:10 - Sep 11 with 2721 viewspaulparker

Reading the Warren farm and recalling when I played there , it got me thinking of the clubs I played for in my youth, mine were

Court Park Colts- Hillingdon
Bessingby Park Rangers - Eastcote, played at Ruislip manor
Mavericks- played at cranford
Cowley Youth- again played at Cranford
Hillingdon Borough - played Ruislip

played centre back and modelled myself on my user name and a bit of Macca thrown in

anyone else

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 11:18 - Sep 11 with 2260 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Chelsea United: Goal
Larkspur Rovers: Goal

Though I finished 3rd top goal scorer for Latymer one year when I played upfront in the second half 7 goals in about 5 full games

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 11:40 - Sep 11 with 2230 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All Saints Kenton - left back, then centre half
Glen Rangers - goalie and occasional centre half.
Urhan GAA - corner back, goalie, but mostly sub.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 11:54 - Sep 11 with 2219 viewsdoogi55

isaac newton school centre midfield
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 12:18 - Sep 11 with 2197 viewsstowmarketrange

Cardinals, Merton,keeper
Abbey youth,Waltham Abbey,keeper
Various Post Office sides,keeper & centre half.
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 12:20 - Sep 11 with 2186 viewskomradkirk

Ballyeaston Old Boys

centre midfield,more of a ballwinner than maestro
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 12:32 - Sep 11 with 2169 viewspaulparker

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 11:18 - Sep 11 by Metallica_Hoop

Chelsea United: Goal
Larkspur Rovers: Goal

Though I finished 3rd top goal scorer for Latymer one year when I played upfront in the second half 7 goals in about 5 full games

I remember Larkspur Rovers , Tally
played against them a few times in the old Hayes & Middlesex league
always seemed to have a good team when I was younger

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 12:34 - Sep 11 with 2163 viewsMarc

Bessingby Park Rangers
Northolt Saints/Villa
TayWood
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 12:57 - Sep 11 with 2131 viewsozexile

Hounslow fc u13-u18.
Login to get fewer ads

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 13:02 - Sep 11 with 2120 viewskingsburyR

St Andrews (Dollis) U10 - Seniors. Goalie - Full back - wide midfield

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 13:07 - Sep 11 with 2109 viewsWilloW4

Syon school..and then about 25 years later for hibiscus coast (NZ) left back.. The long gap in playing didn't affect my pace at all, I was always slow, loved a sliding tackle though.. Always wanted to be Ian gillard, we had the same colour hair, sadly that's where the similatries ended.
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 13:09 - Sep 11 with 2102 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 12:32 - Sep 11 by paulparker

I remember Larkspur Rovers , Tally
played against them a few times in the old Hayes & Middlesex league
always seemed to have a good team when I was younger

The younger teams are good, us vets were not so good as we mostly smoked and drank. No good against 20-25 year olds .

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 13:49 - Sep 11 with 2048 viewsbosh67

Red Lion Pub, Borehamwood

Left back
Central midfield
A&E

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 13:52 - Sep 11 with 2035 viewsTonto

Grove (Epsom/Ewell) - winger with no pace or trickery. Kinda like Junior Hoilett

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 13:56 - Sep 11 with 2032 viewsA40Bosh

Ruislip Rangers - Centre Back
Cardinal Vaughan - Goalkeeper
Old City Arms Strollers - Full Back

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 14:01 - Sep 11 with 2027 viewsSnipper

St George Atletic in The Sportsmans League 1991-1995.

Started as a right back, then left back and left midfield. Even though my left foot was there to make up the numbers, I much preferred playing on the left.

The last game of one season our goalie wanted to play outfield and I quickly volunteered to go in goal. Five on target shots later and we were 5-0 down. I was told in no uncertain terms to fcuk off out of it and was subbed.
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 14:05 - Sep 11 with 2019 viewsTheBlob

Pensa(amongst others) - Goalie.Found out later it stood for Penge Salvation Army.Dirtiest bunch of kunts ever placed on this fair planet.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 14:11 - Sep 11 with 2012 viewsHayesender

Goldsmiths, coached by the legendary Neil Roberts.

We were proper shite, but we had a laff

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 17:33 - Sep 11 with 1908 viewsterryb

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 12:18 - Sep 11 by stowmarketrange

Cardinals, Merton,keeper
Abbey youth,Waltham Abbey,keeper
Various Post Office sides,keeper & centre half.

Merton?

You didn't play on Sundays for Merton Admiral by any chance? We played against them in the FA sunday Cup circa '93.
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 17:47 - Sep 11 with 1902 viewsterryb

Quite a few sides to mention, but the position at the start (started in mens football at 15) was left wing, left midfield or goalscorer.

In time this changed to left/central midfield before a few at centre half before finishing as the best left back to have never played professionally!

Clubs in the Chesham area apart from a few appewarances for united or reserves were:-

Chesham St Mary's - Saturday's, plus a number of Sunday sides but in particular Spartak.

When I moved to Suffolk, I started with Stowmarket Town & played three seasons for Nayland Rangers in the Colester League. Best memories of that were being paraded around the village on an open top truck after we had won the league cup. I scored the winner from the spot twelve yards from the goal. It cost me nowt in the pub afterwards!

On Sundays Stowmarket Gunners, Belstead Arms & then Heathfield. Heathfield were the most sucessful Sunday side that Ipswich has produced & my final matchwas away to St Joseph's (Luton) in the FA Sundya Cup at the age of 45! Lost 2-0 to two goals scored by an ex C*******e striker who I think currently has HM as their landlord!

Thirty years of playing has left no part of my body in a good condicion but boy, I wish I was still playing & would do it all again if I had the choice!
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 18:44 - Sep 11 with 1878 viewswestberksr

Sandgate - Hayes & District from age 9-18,
BAA club - few years there, Premier League of H&D Sunday League 18-27
some crap pub team in Southall, dropped 8 divisions and thought i was brilliant! 28-30
The Plough (Ealing) - good team of mainly R's 31-38
Newbury 39
about 6 years of a Sunday kickaround with locals in someones (very large) garden
now playing Vets football in Maidenhead, played last year against a guy from the 16-18 team. He had no hair and i weighed about 6 stone more; the 30 years had otherwise been pretty kind to us both.

still play 8 a side a couple of times a week. Wife thought the hernia op a couple of years ago would put paid to the footy; fukk that, still love it at 47!

being 6'5" (from around 14) always going to start as centre back. developed into a left back around 15 when the starting line up had a back 4 with an average height of 6'3" and i was the only one who had a left foot.

when i dropped 8 divisions i ended up as a number 10 after about 3 games (they were that bad). had an absolute blast for 2 years living the dream

then reverted to centre back, but developed the urge to go for a stroll up the pitch whenever the opportunity presented itself. only problem now is the vets team plays on 3g most of the time and limits the opportunity for a good sliding tackle
[Post edited 11 Sep 2015 18:48]
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 19:46 - Sep 11 with 1837 viewsHollowayRanger

old tollingtonians fc

defensive midfield

2nd choice rightback and reserve keeper

and centre forward whenever I got the chance

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 12:07 - Sep 12 with 1729 viewskarl

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 19:46 - Sep 11 by HollowayRanger

old tollingtonians fc

defensive midfield

2nd choice rightback and reserve keeper

and centre forward whenever I got the chance

Colby and Castletown in the Isle of Man then Stromness Athletic and Kirkwall Hotspurs in Orkney.
Started as left back, left midfield and then centre midfield, played for Orkney a few times and got to go to an 'Island Games' (a mini Olympics type thing) of course it wasn't held in Rhodes, Bahamas or Gotland that year but the bloody Isle of Man!
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 16:03 - Sep 12 with 1692 viewsstowmarketrange

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 17:33 - Sep 11 by terryb

Merton?

You didn't play on Sundays for Merton Admiral by any chance? We played against them in the FA sunday Cup circa '93.

No it was a team called Cardinals and we played in the morden and district Sunday league.
We won the Hickey cup final in 94,I think.It was played under floodlights at Carshalton's ground,and I couldn't see past the halfway line without my glasses on,and it was just afterwards that I started wearing contact lenses for footy.
Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 18:36 - Sep 12 with 1667 viewsloftboy

Played in goal in the Bracknell Sunday league for Winkfield in 1987, the Green Man in 1988 and BMW FC in 1990, moves to sunbury in 1991 and refereed for twenty years mainly on the Chiswick league.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Your Sunday Team & what postion did you play on 21:41 - Sep 12 with 1639 viewsDeano19766

Greenford Celtic - right back
Walpole Wanderers - GK one season then centre back
Westlem United - centre back
Hillingdon Borough - right back
Southall FC - right back
Southall Town - centre back
Bookham FC - centre back

Also played in goal and centre back for Cardinal Wiseman
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024