Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn 15:53 - Sep 17 with 2552 viewsAntti_Heinola

Our remorseless attempt at the world record for most consecutive home games conceding exactly two goals continues apace. Impressive, in it's own, incredibly irritating way, like how a mosquito only flies near your ear once it's dark and then disappears completely once you turn the light on again.

1. Tozser/Henry. Copy and paste from Saturday if you like. I see West London Sport has, incredibly, given them both half decent write ups and awarded them 7/10. Bizarre state of affairs. I'll go in to formation a bit in a moment, but for now, the issue with these two is that they are simply not mobile enough, or quick enough, to cover those positions effectively. Worse, their passing last night was dreadful. Henry's passing is never better than average, and usually it's predominantly going backwards, but while Tozser was at least looking for forward passes, time and again he found the shins or boot of a Blackburn player. Henry did well to get forward for the chance that should've brought a penalty, but that closing of the gap between defensive midfielders and attackers was all too rare in the first half. Flabbergasted that neither was replaced by either Faurlin or Doughty. Sadly, I suspect they'll both start again on Saturday, likely with similar results.

2. First Half, Second Half: Not for the first time this season, the second half performance has needed a big improvement on the first. There's been a lot of discussion on here about 4-2-3-1 and how it's not working, but the fact is it has worked very well when the players are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Ramsey wants to play this way so that he can get all four of those attackers on the pitch at once. But it's a formation and a system that absolutely relies on playing a pressing game and squeezing space between defence and defensive midfield, and defensive midfield and the attack.

First half, the gap between our defensive 6 and our attacking four was too often too big, and when Chery or Luongo did drop to look for the ball they looked up to find they were bereft of options. Again and again Blackburn exploited the space in front of Tozser and Henry, where they had the freedom of the park. It wasn't working defensively, or offensively. After the break, however, we increased the tempo, helped by the quick goal. Those gaps narrowed, we had more of the ball, and while a lot of people not at the game have been screeching about shots on target, the fact was we looked dangerous and created a few excellent openings: a wonderful move between Austin and Phillips that should have seen Luongo score; Henry's shot that should have been a penalty for handball and so on. Whereas Blackburn, who equally looked dangerous in every attack first half, were made to work harder for openings after the break. Their goal was actually a very decent one - yes, both our CBs could have done better, but it was a good flick and then lovely skill and strength from Rhodes.

So 4-2-3-1 is not necessarily a problem. We're scoring plenty of goals with it. But for it to work we need to play at that high tempo, to squeeze the space, to play higher up the pitch, and to have at least one mobile attack dog of a defensive midfielder.

3. Alex Smithies: I thought at the time the first goal looked fine, but assumed by his reaction it was a foul. Seen it since, and the ref got it right. I have some sympathy for Smithies though, as it could quite easily have been given as a free kick. I've watched it several times now and it wasn't a howler as such. Simply, he went to catch it and and the player just got in front of him. He didn't drop it, you can't criticise his handling as such - perhaps he just needed to try and get to the ball at a higher point. Unfortunate in the first few minutes of his full league debut. Some said he looked nervous after that, but I think with the conditions and with not getting the free kick, he just elected to punch and be safe, and he probably caught or punched away more crosses in this game than Greeno has in about 6 months.

He then made two very fine saves, one absolutely point blank, to keep us in the game. Second half I was impressed. He looked confident, he shouted a lot, his kicking was safe, his distribution decent. Should retain his place. For those saying he's a bit small, at 6'3 he's not exactly short.

4. Deadman. It's easy to dislike Deadman. The way he carries himself, his overly fussy refereeing, his past with us. He just looks like a dislikeable man with a scary name. But really, in the cold light of day, he wasn't that bad. He was right not to award the goal and got little wrong afterwards. A fair bit I'd disagree with, but it most was arguable. Having seen the replays, we should have had a penalty for handball from Henry's shot (although it wasn't a great finish from Henry, it must be said), but Deadman was on the other side of it and needed help from his (poor) assistant, with that one.

But then there was the Austin fiasco. Firstly, I noticed some people thought Austin was carded for not having his boot on, but the guy next to me said Austin was lucky not to be sent off for a clear elbow off the ball. We'll probably never see that incident again, so only Austin knows the answer to that.

But, in terms of waving him back on, that I do not understand. I tried to be reasonable and thought perhaps there's a law that if you voluntarily leave the pitch, with the ref's permission, in a situation other than an injury, you can only return once the ball is out of play. But I've just spent a load of time combing the FA laws and FIFA's laws and can find absolutely no evidence of this. There were at least three, maybe four, clear opportunities where Austin could have safely returned to the pitch and Deadman refused to wave him on. It was crass refereeing, spiteful, without any common sense, and unnecessary. We don't go to watch refs, but Deadman is a fan of being watched.

5. Angella. I've seen a fair amount of criticism of our two centre backs from last night, some merited, some maybe not so. It's worth bearing in mind that Rhodes scores goals for fun at this level, and I thought his strike partner Koita was an awkward opponent too. Simply blaming the defence is a little simplistic - we need to defend better as a team. However, although Angella lost out to Koita for the flick on for the second goal, he won a lot of the ball in the air (which was nice after he inexplicably ducked out of one early on). More importantly, we saw glimpses of the ball-playing centre back Ferdinand and Ramsey were keen to recruit. His passing and confidence to move with the ball out of defence, again, particularly in the second half, was encouraging. He passed the ball better than the two midfielders in front of him, that's for sure.

6. Luongo. And a quick word on Mass, who's looking like the pick of our summer signings. Another good game from him. He has a great knack of nicking the ball from the opposition and then springing away with it. He has a bit of pace. He rarely wastes the ball. And he is the kind of player you're always happy to see receive a pass, because you know there's a decent chance he won't lose possession. A really intelligent player and it'll be interesting to see if his future lies slightly deeper once Fer comes into the side, or if Mackie forces his way into the starting XI. Just one bad moment, after Charlie's ball of the match that opened up the Blackburn defence and Matty Phillips' perfect pass, Mass had the goal at his mercy, but shanked a poor ball to a marked Mackie. He beat the ground in frustration. He cares. Looking forward to his first goal - he does just need to have more of a killer instinct when it comes to finishing moves.

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:03 - Sep 17 with 1976 viewsMaggsinho

Austin was booked for returning to the field of play without the referee's permission, that's why the ref took so long to wave him back on, he was making a point.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:22 - Sep 17 with 1927 viewsNorthernr

I usually agree with you on every point Antti but how you can say those officials were anything other than appalling is well beyond me.

What about the guy who caught the ball in two hands and carried it off the pitch for the award of a corner? Right underneath us that one and Deadman told Mackie he'd seen the incident and the Blackburn man had caught the ball after crossing the line. It was in his hands three yards short of the byline! Cough to not seeing it and explain you can only give what you've seen if you get it wrong, don't stand there all stern and authoritative laying down exactly what's happened when it's a total crock of sht.

What about Hanley twice committing deliberate fouls to interrupt a counter attack either side of half time without receiving a card while Austin gets one for the boots fiasco, Smithies gets one for complaining, and another Blackburn player gets one when it didn't even look like much of a foul? What about the throw in awarded when the ball was still in play? What about Perch sliding the ball out for a corner and him calmly awarding a goal kick - no Blackburn player within four yards of him? And the stone wall penalty? And the questions marks over the first goal? And the fact he couldn't even get his ars out of the dressing room on time for the second half?

Not the referee's fault we didn't win but by God him and the scrawny prck with the flag on the Ellerslie Road side were so amazingly bad it went all the way through being a scandalous display into actually being quite funny by the end.

Dreadful referee, refereeing dreadfully.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:29 - Sep 17 with 1900 viewsPhilmyRs

Disagree with your view of Luongo and the ref.

I thought Luongo was poor last night. You mentioned that he’s a player that you know when he gets the ball he won’t lose it, but I thought on quite a few occasions he was simply out muscled by the Blackburn defenders when fighting for the ball, while at the same time I thought his end product was poor last night. He got in quite a few decent areas but put feeble crosses/passes into the box. He does have a good engine and is clearly a skilful player but I just think playing off the front man may not be his best position, especially when we hit long balls to his head which is a tactic we reverted to again first half. I think he could be a lot more effective playing deeper. Oh, and the chance he fluffed in the second half was a sitter and it was criminal to pass on the responsibility to Mackie. He should have broken the net with that one. To me that sort of error should be viewed in a similar way as a Green clanger would be. It cost us a goal.

And on the ref. I thought he was poor along with the linesman. In your summary you missed the hilarious slide and catch by the Blackburn player which somehow resulted in a corner and the first half deflection/block by Perch for a corner only for a goal kick to be awarded. True the first goal he probably got right, but then why penalise Ned in the second half for doing an almost identical thing when challenging the keeper. The handball was obvious as well. If you think he did ok then I’d love (for comedy value) to see a refereeing performance which you’d describe as shocking.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:41 - Sep 17 with 1877 viewsAntti_Heinola

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:22 - Sep 17 by Northernr

I usually agree with you on every point Antti but how you can say those officials were anything other than appalling is well beyond me.

What about the guy who caught the ball in two hands and carried it off the pitch for the award of a corner? Right underneath us that one and Deadman told Mackie he'd seen the incident and the Blackburn man had caught the ball after crossing the line. It was in his hands three yards short of the byline! Cough to not seeing it and explain you can only give what you've seen if you get it wrong, don't stand there all stern and authoritative laying down exactly what's happened when it's a total crock of sht.

What about Hanley twice committing deliberate fouls to interrupt a counter attack either side of half time without receiving a card while Austin gets one for the boots fiasco, Smithies gets one for complaining, and another Blackburn player gets one when it didn't even look like much of a foul? What about the throw in awarded when the ball was still in play? What about Perch sliding the ball out for a corner and him calmly awarding a goal kick - no Blackburn player within four yards of him? And the stone wall penalty? And the questions marks over the first goal? And the fact he couldn't even get his ars out of the dressing room on time for the second half?

Not the referee's fault we didn't win but by God him and the scrawny prck with the flag on the Ellerslie Road side were so amazingly bad it went all the way through being a scandalous display into actually being quite funny by the end.

yeah you're probably right. I've given him a nice ride. Was trying to be a bit objective. The catching the ball one in front of us was dreadful. He'll retire soon.

comment above - so did Austin go off, come back on, get booked, then go off again? Bloke next to me did say he elbowed someone and I thought Deadman made that signal?

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:44 - Sep 17 with 1863 viewsAntti_Heinola

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:29 - Sep 17 by PhilmyRs

Disagree with your view of Luongo and the ref.

I thought Luongo was poor last night. You mentioned that he’s a player that you know when he gets the ball he won’t lose it, but I thought on quite a few occasions he was simply out muscled by the Blackburn defenders when fighting for the ball, while at the same time I thought his end product was poor last night. He got in quite a few decent areas but put feeble crosses/passes into the box. He does have a good engine and is clearly a skilful player but I just think playing off the front man may not be his best position, especially when we hit long balls to his head which is a tactic we reverted to again first half. I think he could be a lot more effective playing deeper. Oh, and the chance he fluffed in the second half was a sitter and it was criminal to pass on the responsibility to Mackie. He should have broken the net with that one. To me that sort of error should be viewed in a similar way as a Green clanger would be. It cost us a goal.

And on the ref. I thought he was poor along with the linesman. In your summary you missed the hilarious slide and catch by the Blackburn player which somehow resulted in a corner and the first half deflection/block by Perch for a corner only for a goal kick to be awarded. True the first goal he probably got right, but then why penalise Ned in the second half for doing an almost identical thing when challenging the keeper. The handball was obvious as well. If you think he did ok then I’d love (for comedy value) to see a refereeing performance which you’d describe as shocking.

Fair enough. I try (after matches, mind) to not talk about refs much. I think on the whole they get a bad rap - they're mostly half decent, they do their best, and most are not malicious. In retrospect, I did go a bit easy on him and forgot a couple of the clangers!

Bit harsh on Luongo.

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:45 - Sep 17 with 1861 viewsNorthernr

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:41 - Sep 17 by Antti_Heinola

yeah you're probably right. I've given him a nice ride. Was trying to be a bit objective. The catching the ball one in front of us was dreadful. He'll retire soon.

comment above - so did Austin go off, come back on, get booked, then go off again? Bloke next to me did say he elbowed someone and I thought Deadman made that signal?

From what I saw of it he came over to the touchline to change his boots but didn't leave the field. The fourth official then seemed to say he had to come off the field to change them - I've seenplayers change boots, studs, shinnies on the field during play loads of times so not sure what that was about. He then tried to come back on, seemed to be told by the fourth official that he couldn't without the referee saying so, went on anyway and deadman stopped the play and booked him. So off he came again, followed by the bizarre two minute stint where he wasn't allowed back.

Gaz who sits near us says he thinks it's the rule that you have to wait until stoppage in play to come back on if you've left the field for a non-injury related something. Have to confess I've never heard that myself, and like you can't find mention of it in the rules.

Was hoping Pinner Paul might clear it up for us before I go all US postal worker on him in the match report.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:46 - Sep 17 with 1858 viewsJonDoeman

Austin didn't go off the pitch at first, the fourth official seemed to grab at him and presumably tell him to get off the pitch to change his boot, and Austin pushed him away. I assume that is why he was booked.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2015 16:48]

It Is What It Is !!

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:47 - Sep 17 with 1849 viewsGetMeRangers

Also for inconsistency. He waved back on straight away a Rovers player feigning injury, as well as doing nothing about first a Rovers defender remonstrating with the tw&t with a flag on Ellerslie Road touchline, and when that yielded no joy, over jogged the Rovers keeper to have a word - that was after Neds clash with their keeper, for which Smithies had been booked for exactly the same complaining. What was all the talking to Rovers players and managers about at the end of the game... surely, if he was consistent we should have seen cards

The lino was horrendous. Often an age late with raising his flag and often incorrectly. He should have been watching the game rather than listening to it. In R block we seemed to be signing his criticism for much of the game. They really shouldnt be allowed to leave their white sticks in the changing room
Login to get fewer ads

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:48 - Sep 17 with 1850 viewsadhoc_qpr

I like Lungo but i'm amazed he came - from Swindon with a reputation as a goal scoring midfielder - here and at Wolves too he's had gilt-edged chances and never looks like he backs himself to score.

Unless Ramsey actually makes some changes we're in for a hiding from Hull and 3 games lost on the bounce - sucking out the positive momentum we were building before the international break. Ramsey has plenty of options, he needs to get it right.

And losing momentum in the Championship is very dangerous as things can quickly spiral .
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 17:03 - Sep 17 with 1811 viewsAntti_Heinola

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:48 - Sep 17 by adhoc_qpr

I like Lungo but i'm amazed he came - from Swindon with a reputation as a goal scoring midfielder - here and at Wolves too he's had gilt-edged chances and never looks like he backs himself to score.

Unless Ramsey actually makes some changes we're in for a hiding from Hull and 3 games lost on the bounce - sucking out the positive momentum we were building before the international break. Ramsey has plenty of options, he needs to get it right.

And losing momentum in the Championship is very dangerous as things can quickly spiral .

Firstly, he didn't come with a rep as a goalsocring midfielder - that was Gladwin (unless you count 5 goals a season as a goalscoring midfielder).
But totally agree he should have put both chances away. It'll come.

Second, you know we didn't lose last night, right? I know it looks like it from reading this board, but it was 2-2.

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 17:41 - Sep 17 with 1723 viewsPinnerPaul

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 16:45 - Sep 17 by Northernr

From what I saw of it he came over to the touchline to change his boots but didn't leave the field. The fourth official then seemed to say he had to come off the field to change them - I've seenplayers change boots, studs, shinnies on the field during play loads of times so not sure what that was about. He then tried to come back on, seemed to be told by the fourth official that he couldn't without the referee saying so, went on anyway and deadman stopped the play and booked him. So off he came again, followed by the bizarre two minute stint where he wasn't allowed back.

Gaz who sits near us says he thinks it's the rule that you have to wait until stoppage in play to come back on if you've left the field for a non-injury related something. Have to confess I've never heard that myself, and like you can't find mention of it in the rules.

Was hoping Pinner Paul might clear it up for us before I go all US postal worker on him in the match report.

Have indeed cleared it up on your other thread.

Wasn't there but sounds like ref was correct. lPlayer MUST leave fop to correct equipment, can't come back on until ball is out of play, unlike for an injury bizarrely.

IF player does come onto fop without refs permission, that's one of the 7 reasons for a caution so that's correct as well I'm afraid.

From highlights, not a great place to referee!, I thought Blackburn's 1st goal was fine but the "Henry handball" a stonewall pen that assistant should have given.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 17:47 - Sep 17 with 1706 viewsPinnerPaul

I can't answer all the questions in that 3rd paragraph though!

I know its a much higher level but I AR on Ladies PL football, and Ryman U18s/U21s and I can honestly say the average we , ref and 2 ARs, get a ball out of play wrong is only about once in game (You KNOW whne its wrong by player reaction) with perhaps a couple of 50/50s thrown ins but I do see some AR performances at this level that leave a lot to by desired in my humble view.

Not all by any means, nothing much wrong with ARs on Saturday for example.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 17:50 - Sep 17 with 1698 viewsPunteR

Sterling work Antti.
I didn't think Smithies was very vocal but you and Daveb say he was so I'll stand corrected on that one. His distribution was excellent.
I actually enjoyed the game, although as I've already posted I missed the first half.
Took me 3 hrs to get to the game from Bracknell,stuck on the Great West rd while the game kicked off on the radio,ended up parking in Barnes and ran with my lad and his mate over Hammersmith bridge to LR(my monthly exercise done). Had to pick up my tickets that CheshireR kindly sorted out, from reception as the box office had shut and had the 3 receptionist girls look at me like I was a sweaty,panting weirdo trying to formulate words including my name.
Not a good start,so just happy to get in and sit down.... Then Austin scored.

Onouha needs to step up Imo. Tozser should be dropped and I think Luongo could do a job further back.
Pleased Mackie got on and made a difference. I'd like to see Gladwin more as well.
Still work in progress,but as others have said Ramsey needs to use his subs more and mix it up a bit. Henry and Tozser just isn't working.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 18:27 - Sep 17 with 1638 viewsterryb

Another good knee jerk.

Personally I thought Dedman was awful apart from getting the goal & not waving Austin back on correct. The worst bit with him though, was his air of self righteousness trying to impose his "I'm in charge" attitude.

The first half last night made the performance against Forest look good!
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 18:32 - Sep 17 with 1619 viewsDevonWhite

The thing that annoyed me the most about Deadman, along with keeping both teams waiting for ages at the start of the second half for him to make his grand entrance, was the protracted and flamboyant way he blew the whistle at the end of each half. Clearly thought he was the star of the f*cking show.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 18:39 - Sep 17 with 1607 viewsdannyblue

I wish we were playing 4231! But really it's a bog standard 442 with Luongo playing as a striker. I only really cottoned on to this on Saturday. OK Luongo lines up in the whole from their goalkicks, but otherwise he just plays up front.

That doesn't suit us because it's all too flat and there aren't enough options and angles for the man on the ball resulting in those crap lumps forward.

It also doesn't suit Luongo, as the decision to pass with the goal at his mercy illustrates.

On the plus side he has great energy. I think he'd be much more effective as a shuttle / box to box player in a midfield three.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 18:43 - Sep 17 with 1599 viewsqueensparker

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 18:39 - Sep 17 by dannyblue

I wish we were playing 4231! But really it's a bog standard 442 with Luongo playing as a striker. I only really cottoned on to this on Saturday. OK Luongo lines up in the whole from their goalkicks, but otherwise he just plays up front.

That doesn't suit us because it's all too flat and there aren't enough options and angles for the man on the ball resulting in those crap lumps forward.

It also doesn't suit Luongo, as the decision to pass with the goal at his mercy illustrates.

On the plus side he has great energy. I think he'd be much more effective as a shuttle / box to box player in a midfield three.

Funny, I thought for a lot of the first half yesterdaywe were playing 4-2-4: Tosser and Henry staying in a tight central two and refusing to move anywhere else, and then 4 strung across the front with no chance of getting a pass through to any of them.

It was only in the second half when Charlie starting dropping to receive it and get things going we looked dangerous, but is that really the best use of him?
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 18:47 - Sep 17 with 1595 viewsAntti_Heinola

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 18:43 - Sep 17 by queensparker

Funny, I thought for a lot of the first half yesterdaywe were playing 4-2-4: Tosser and Henry staying in a tight central two and refusing to move anywhere else, and then 4 strung across the front with no chance of getting a pass through to any of them.

It was only in the second half when Charlie starting dropping to receive it and get things going we looked dangerous, but is that really the best use of him?

Exactly what I was going to say - more like 4-2-4 or even 6-0-4 at times!

Fer playing behind Austin might be very exciting though.

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 19:13 - Sep 17 with 1547 viewsCamberleyR

Whenever I've seen Deadman ref I've always thought him a poor man's Rob Styles.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 19:42 - Sep 17 with 1503 viewsE17hoop

Smithies complaint was about offside; he was well ahead of the line when the ball came in and that's what he mouthed at the yellow flagger. The Blackburn came and had a moan at the same guy in the 2nd half about something and wasn't even spoken to by the ref.

Awful refereeing.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 19:46 - Sep 17 with 1499 viewsPhilmyRs

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 18:43 - Sep 17 by queensparker

Good point about Charlie. We improved when he started dropping in and linking play, but that's not his game, you want him in the penalty box where he comes alive. I do think Luango would be more suited as a box to box midfielder with a different type of player playing off Austin. What player, I'm not sure. I also think on occassion we need to be able to play a striker alongside Austin to give him what he wants, not all the time, but sometimes when circumstances dictate we need 2 up top. I don't think we have that option though, possibly Mackie maybe the German?
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 12:54 - Sep 18 with 1220 viewssimmo

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 18:47 - Sep 17 by Antti_Heinola

Exactly what I was going to say - more like 4-2-4 or even 6-0-4 at times!

Fer playing behind Austin might be very exciting though.

This is definitely the way forwards. Charlie, Fer and one of the wingers in the box to recieve crosses and one of Luongo, Faurlin, Tozser waiting for 2nd balls, we will have more options than teams can cope with

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 13:05 - Sep 18 with 1206 viewsAntti_Heinola

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 12:54 - Sep 18 by simmo

This is definitely the way forwards. Charlie, Fer and one of the wingers in the box to recieve crosses and one of Luongo, Faurlin, Tozser waiting for 2nd balls, we will have more options than teams can cope with

Would be interested to see something like...

Smithies
Perch Onuoha Angella Yun
Sandro Luongo
Chery Fer Phillips
Austin

Ale and Mackie as first replacements.

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 1165 viewsbaz_qpr

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 13:05 - Sep 18 by Antti_Heinola

Would be interested to see something like...

Smithies
Perch Onuoha Angella Yun
Sandro Luongo
Chery Fer Phillips
Austin

Ale and Mackie as first replacements.

Why on earth would you put Luongo back in the deep lying playmaker role ahead of Ale. Ale is a better passer, both short and long, better tackler , better in the air and better positionally. Its a straight choice between Fer and Luongo. I'd pick Fer everytime because he will score goals
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 13:38 - Sep 18 with 1151 viewspaulparker

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Blackburn on 13:33 - Sep 18 by baz_qpr

Why on earth would you put Luongo back in the deep lying playmaker role ahead of Ale. Ale is a better passer, both short and long, better tackler , better in the air and better positionally. Its a straight choice between Fer and Luongo. I'd pick Fer everytime because he will score goals

Luango is the future, Fer isn't and will probably be gone by the Jan transfer Window

I do think Luango would be better suited too CM rather than playing off the striker as he hassles opponent's, always looks for the ball , can tackle and gets his head up for the pass , and would be better playing box to box, him and Ale would be a good combo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024