Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The old backs gone again.... 19:02 - Feb 9 with 2154 viewsLblock

Had the injections again today and the last of the GA leaving the system

Those legal drugs certainly are the dogs and bring back some buried feelings I tell ya!!

Rushed it all through as my medical cover disappears with my "old" job shortly so hopefully it won't cost me bundles.

Now I'm looking at post operation care which previously has involved 20 sessions of Physio at £38 a pop. That will hurt without the health cover!!!

Anyone know any alternatives or decent physios in the Ealing area charging less for block bookings etc???

Hoping I make Saturday!!! (The game that is!!!)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The old backs gone again.... on 19:36 - Feb 9 with 2114 viewskensalriser

Yes, it's called the NHS.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The old backs gone again.... on 19:55 - Feb 9 with 2080 viewsTheBlob

What are "GA"'s?
Globe Artichokes?
I'm not surprised you've got back trouble as those things can weigh a ton.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The old backs gone again.... on 20:11 - Feb 9 with 2056 viewsTacticalR

This forum is like a medical education.

Air hostess clique

The old backs gone again.... on 20:12 - Feb 9 with 2056 viewsHayesender

Tramadol and diazepam. The backs still fecked but I don't care

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The old backs gone again.... on 21:46 - Feb 9 with 1968 viewssuperstan

My missus has had back ops and injections but 2 years ago had a spinal stimulator fitted, they do it at St Thomas's basically it's a box fitted in the bum cheek with wires going up the epidural space and you have a remote control to adjust the pain, might not be for you but maybe worth investigating.
The old backs gone again.... on 22:21 - Feb 9 with 1915 viewsLblock

The old backs gone again.... on 21:46 - Feb 9 by superstan

My missus has had back ops and injections but 2 years ago had a spinal stimulator fitted, they do it at St Thomas's basically it's a box fitted in the bum cheek with wires going up the epidural space and you have a remote control to adjust the pain, might not be for you but maybe worth investigating.

Blimey that's a new one!!!

Sounds very Steve Austin
I'll look into that but I'm really hoping I can push the boundaries with these latest injections as the last lot sorted me out for 14 months

Cheers

The old backs gone again.... on 22:21 - Feb 9 with 1914 viewsLadbrokeR

The old backs gone again.... on 19:55 - Feb 9 by TheBlob

What are "GA"'s?
Globe Artichokes?
I'm not surprised you've got back trouble as those things can weigh a ton.

Mate I assume its general anaesthetic.
The old backs gone again.... on 22:39 - Feb 9 with 1893 viewsBucksRanger

Scrap the physio and try acupuncture. Far better results for me. Only one session needed too.
Login to get fewer ads

The old backs gone again.... on 00:22 - Feb 10 with 1830 viewsisawqpratwcity

I thought this was a thread about Hill and Derry.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The old backs gone again.... on 02:10 - Feb 10 with 1804 viewsBrightonhoop

I'll tell you something for nothing L Block. As a youngster I did Tae Kwon Do at Hillingdon, the best Club in west London, and my lower lumber went whilst on course for my black belt. I was training 6 days a week and it was too much, weights, running, TKD all over London as Hillingdon was only 2 nights a week.

I had Bua cover back then and was in such agony I used it and the advice and application was bollox. I had a chance conversation around Ladbroke Grove with a Chinaman who did Tai Chi, a far more relaxed form, and he said get a futon. So I did and in 3 months it fixed my back, no medication or costly interventions. Get a 6 or 8 ply mattress. I now sleep in a normal bed, perfectly. I trained through injury for 6 months refusing to give up and totally fcked my lower back, whilst shagging the woman of my dreams lol Until the back went twang. Think I was 22 at the time, but strongly recommend a 6 ply futon to sleep on, made all the difference for me. The pain is grim so dont live it, or the quacks recommendations at £40 a pop, it's always for 20 sessions no? A decent futon costs less than half that. At least give it a try, fcking miracle cure for total back going west at the worst possible time.

Good lck fella, dont suffer the shit, get some codiene and a futon. You'll be amazed at the results.l
The old backs gone again.... on 10:31 - Feb 10 with 1722 viewshovehoop

I suffered a herniated disc in May 2014. Had sciatica for best part of a year and dragged my right leg around because it was numb. I refused the offer of surgery to chop off the prolapse. I declined the back injections too.

I went through physio, acupuncture, visited an osteopath and did one or two pilates classes too. However, the gains from those sessions diminished and there came a point in each case that I felt I was handing over money for little or no return.

My back went twang again two weeks ago. Stupidly I helped someone with their luggage. The cases were about 35kg each and the following day the back locked down completely leading to five days in bed though it's since responded quickly.

I think you get to know the symptoms after a while. As I'm sure you know, the back nerves effectively issue instructions to surrounding tissue/muscles to protect itself from further damage. So we find ourselves enduring painful muscle spasms and sometimes the back area locking up completely.

The MRI scan showed the prolapse between L4 and L5. Though the disc between L3 and L4 had no bright coloured nucleus that essentially works as cushioning. So basically I know there are at least two discs unlikely to recover their former state.

Having done all the treatment options I have to conclude that the best approach is to protect the back from future damage. And to me this means a core strengthening regime (I'm about to give pilates another go) and being careful what I lift in future. Once I properly learn the basic core strengthening stuff I'll drop the classes and continue at home. It also helps to manage body weight. This is all a pain, literally, and none of us are flushed for time so its not easy introducing core strengthening techniques as a daily regime though I feel this is most likely the best form of protection. I quite like using a Boditek board too and this really helps reinstate the proper low back posture and stretch the lower back muscles too. Good luck.
The old backs gone again.... on 13:44 - Feb 10 with 1663 viewsR_from_afar

The old backs gone again.... on 19:36 - Feb 9 by kensalriser

Yes, it's called the NHS.

You should be able to get at least some free physio sessions on the NHS. When I did my ankle in - I was clattered while playing football - I was able to join an ankle rehabilitation class for, from memory, six weeks and it was excellent. I appear to have made a full recovery. You may have to wait a while to get your first session, though.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The old backs gone again.... on 16:47 - Feb 10 with 1604 viewsToast_R

My cousin suffered terribly with his back in from his late 30s onwards.
Various ops to sort it out inserting metal clips in his spine all sorts.

Someone advised him to take up Pilates to improve and build on his core strength which he did and still does regular and he's like a new man. Now goes sailing , joined a boat club and all sorts. He swears Pilates helped him immensely.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 16:47]
The old backs gone again.... on 17:03 - Feb 10 with 1578 viewsLblock

Pilates was like some new religion to me when I discovered it and I swear by it myself

I cannot fathom what happened a couple of weeks ago to start this latest flare up. That's a bit of a worry as last time I knew I'd caused a new trauma when a night on the pop, heavy rain, leather soles and granite flooring at the station combined.

Hoping this set of injections kick in within a week or so and I'll be back at Pilates

The old backs gone again.... on 18:55 - Feb 10 with 1540 viewslondonscottish

Good luck with it LB - and better luck than last time....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The old backs gone again.... on 22:31 - Feb 10 with 1492 viewsRickyDicky

The old backs gone again.... on 10:31 - Feb 10 by hovehoop

I suffered a herniated disc in May 2014. Had sciatica for best part of a year and dragged my right leg around because it was numb. I refused the offer of surgery to chop off the prolapse. I declined the back injections too.

I went through physio, acupuncture, visited an osteopath and did one or two pilates classes too. However, the gains from those sessions diminished and there came a point in each case that I felt I was handing over money for little or no return.

My back went twang again two weeks ago. Stupidly I helped someone with their luggage. The cases were about 35kg each and the following day the back locked down completely leading to five days in bed though it's since responded quickly.

I think you get to know the symptoms after a while. As I'm sure you know, the back nerves effectively issue instructions to surrounding tissue/muscles to protect itself from further damage. So we find ourselves enduring painful muscle spasms and sometimes the back area locking up completely.

The MRI scan showed the prolapse between L4 and L5. Though the disc between L3 and L4 had no bright coloured nucleus that essentially works as cushioning. So basically I know there are at least two discs unlikely to recover their former state.

Having done all the treatment options I have to conclude that the best approach is to protect the back from future damage. And to me this means a core strengthening regime (I'm about to give pilates another go) and being careful what I lift in future. Once I properly learn the basic core strengthening stuff I'll drop the classes and continue at home. It also helps to manage body weight. This is all a pain, literally, and none of us are flushed for time so its not easy introducing core strengthening techniques as a daily regime though I feel this is most likely the best form of protection. I quite like using a Boditek board too and this really helps reinstate the proper low back posture and stretch the lower back muscles too. Good luck.

I had a herniated disc L4 and L5. Terrible sciatic pain. Had physio, injections etc, but surgery to cut off the offending disc and the joints fused, finally cured it. Have been pain free since the op last July. Fingers crossed.

Good luck.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024