Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebbsfleet United Friendly 20:30 - Feb 26 with 3463 viewsMarshy

On Tuesday night I went along to see the under 21's take on Ebbsfleet. It was a freezing February night, but I estimate that over 100+ supporters turned up. For me it wasn't too long a journey as I live in Kent. I didn't happen to see any other R's fans there, but thought I'd go along as I was curious to see what our youngsters were like. It was difficult to judge exactly what team Ebbsfleet put out as I don't know anything about their players. To be fair I thought the quality of football wasn't bad at all, but sad to say we lost 2-1. On the assumption that the Ebbsfleet side contained mostly first team players, then I think the result is certainly not a disgrace as they are currently top of the Vanarama National League South.

However, I do watch out for our under 21 results, and they've been mostly quite poor this season. This is something that quite clearly needs to be addressed, as its vital that we bring more youth players through the system, as we now seem to be taking a much more sensible approach with regards to transfers and building a younger team.
Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 21:26 - Feb 26 with 3397 viewsqprphil

Hi Marshy
I am an Ebbsfleet and QPR fan, I also live in Kent now so watch them on a regular basis as they are my local club now. There were I think about 4-5 first team players playing for Ebbsfleet who were coming back from injury, or have been bench warming, the rest were development players. It was quite an entertaining game tbh with 120 in attendance. We have sound financial backing, and hope to be in the league within the next few years. I watched
Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 21:28 - Feb 26 with 3392 viewsqprphil

QPR for 30 odd years before moving to Kent.
Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 22:04 - Feb 26 with 3336 viewsMarshy

Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 21:26 - Feb 26 by qprphil

Hi Marshy
I am an Ebbsfleet and QPR fan, I also live in Kent now so watch them on a regular basis as they are my local club now. There were I think about 4-5 first team players playing for Ebbsfleet who were coming back from injury, or have been bench warming, the rest were development players. It was quite an entertaining game tbh with 120 in attendance. We have sound financial backing, and hope to be in the league within the next few years. I watched

Hi Phil
Yes, I also thought that it was an entertaining game, and overall Ebbsfleet were the better team. You've got a nice little ground, and I'm sure you will be going places. I note that Maidstone are second in the Vanarama league, and if Gillingham get promoted they will be in the Championship next season, so it's really good to see the Kent teams doing so well.
Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 22:34 - Feb 26 with 3277 viewsTheBlob

Always been a nice little ground Stonebridge Road.Went down there a lot midweek when R's or Cray Wanderers weren't playing.I remember a friendly down there when Brian Clough brought Nottingham Forest to inaugurate Fleet's new floodlights - Stan Bowles and all.Anyway,nice setup and deserve a higher grade.

As the players ran out.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 22:41 - Feb 26 with 3267 viewsozranger

Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 22:04 - Feb 26 by Marshy

Hi Phil
Yes, I also thought that it was an entertaining game, and overall Ebbsfleet were the better team. You've got a nice little ground, and I'm sure you will be going places. I note that Maidstone are second in the Vanarama league, and if Gillingham get promoted they will be in the Championship next season, so it's really good to see the Kent teams doing so well.

I know Fleet and Darts are big rivals, but it may be good to mention them when discussing teams doing well. Darts are sitting around the final playoff spot. Truro, who are suffering ground problems with the weather, are there as well. I have a close friend who has been a Fleet supporter for some fifty plus years, but lives in Oz, and so I get to know about what is happening with them. Also went to an FA Cup tie against Darts, in miserable weather, back in late 2013. Incredible game (1-1, I think) and an expected packed ground.
Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 23:08 - Feb 26 with 3230 viewsqprphil

There are big things going on here now, new stand to be erected as and when the season ends. Then both ends behind the goals next year, and finally the old stand being replaced all taking approx 4-. 5 years to completion . Unlike Rangers this will get done.!!
Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 07:54 - Feb 27 with 3105 viewsMarshy

Ebbsfleet United Friendly on 22:41 - Feb 26 by ozranger

I know Fleet and Darts are big rivals, but it may be good to mention them when discussing teams doing well. Darts are sitting around the final playoff spot. Truro, who are suffering ground problems with the weather, are there as well. I have a close friend who has been a Fleet supporter for some fifty plus years, but lives in Oz, and so I get to know about what is happening with them. Also went to an FA Cup tie against Darts, in miserable weather, back in late 2013. Incredible game (1-1, I think) and an expected packed ground.

I had a closer look at the table, and yes Darford doing well in 5th. I also noticed that Margate another Kent team are not far behind in possible contention for a playoff spot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024