Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Mr Nice. 07:39 - Apr 11 with 6994 viewsDiscodroids

Goodbye Mr Nice..The Hallowed gates of perception are now open.

Howard Marks RIP.

The twin Kieth Richards never had.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/11/mr-nice-howard-marks-dies-of-cancer-a
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 7:43]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 08:37 - Apr 11 with 6943 viewsPunteR

Spliff politics...

RIP Mr Nice

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 13:23 - Apr 11 with 6867 viewsjohncharles

Great pic Glen. Didn't realise you'd already posted the sad news.
As Kenny Everett said - Ah Well.

Strong and stable my arse.

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 14:14 - Apr 11 with 6826 viewsLongsufferingR

Don't really get the adulation for a man who earned millions out of drug smuggling.
Goodbye Mr Nice. on 14:19 - Apr 11 with 6804 viewsDiscodroids

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 13:23 - Apr 11 by johncharles

Great pic Glen. Didn't realise you'd already posted the sad news.
As Kenny Everett said - Ah Well.

The Honor should have been yours Mr Charles. A fellow Witty and Proud Welshman.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 14:30 - Apr 11 with 6774 viewssimmo

Incredible and fascinating guy.

RIP

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 14:54 - Apr 11 with 6731 viewspaulparker

Only just heard this
Wow what a character old Howard was , a very, very clever bloke who had a very colourful life , from mixing with Governments to the Mafia , he had the gift from the gab
RIP to an old rascal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 17:21 - Apr 11 with 6643 viewsPommyhoop

RIP Howard.A definite guest in my dream dinner party..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 17:30 - Apr 11 with 6634 viewsBoston

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 17:21 - Apr 11 by Pommyhoop

RIP Howard.A definite guest in my dream dinner party..

RIP Howard, a definite part of my dinner party....Hannibal Lecter.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 17:31]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 19:42 - Apr 11 with 6565 viewsoddball

mr nice the book will always be my all time fav read.rip top man.
Goodbye Mr Nice. on 20:00 - Apr 11 with 6541 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 14:14 - Apr 11 by LongsufferingR

Don't really get the adulation for a man who earned millions out of drug smuggling.

Have to agree.

I've read the book and I've done drugs and still do occasionally. But I wouldn't be confusing his escapades with heroism. He dealt with the IRA and through terrorism links and his drug dealing he contributed to people dying. We all do wrong so I'm not being holier-than-though but he was making the IRA richer when they were blowing up civilians.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 22:34 - Apr 11 with 6449 viewsjohncharles

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 20:00 - Apr 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to agree.

I've read the book and I've done drugs and still do occasionally. But I wouldn't be confusing his escapades with heroism. He dealt with the IRA and through terrorism links and his drug dealing he contributed to people dying. We all do wrong so I'm not being holier-than-though but he was making the IRA richer when they were blowing up civilians.

Drug deals in West Ken at the time were usually set up by ... Well,you know, the only thing you could be sure of was that the other party was lying.

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 00:36 - Apr 12 with 6390 viewsPunteR

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 20:00 - Apr 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to agree.

Without trying to sound like i'm defending him and just to be clear, i'm no expert on either the IRA or Marks but everyone doing drugs are contributing to some crime organization or dodgy government.
When i was young, carefree, doing recreational/hard class A drugs, Marks seemed ok to me.
I think he was genuinely into drugs and the buzz rather than the money ,politics , and crime associated with dealing and that's maybe why people could relate to him more perhaps. He seemed more of a rogue.
If Howard Marks is guilty of making the IRA richer than you got to say so is everyone buying gear and sparking up a joint haven't you?
Like i say,i don't know the details of his deals , i posted earlier without giving it much thought. On reflection, saying rest in peace to an international drug smuggler who i never knew seems a bit shallow now.
Human Traffic was a great film though..

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 08:11 - Apr 12 with 6308 viewsDorse

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 00:36 - Apr 12 by PunteR

Without trying to sound like i'm defending him and just to be clear, i'm no expert on either the IRA or Marks but everyone doing drugs are contributing to some crime organization or dodgy government.
When i was young, carefree, doing recreational/hard class A drugs, Marks seemed ok to me.
I think he was genuinely into drugs and the buzz rather than the money ,politics , and crime associated with dealing and that's maybe why people could relate to him more perhaps. He seemed more of a rogue.
If Howard Marks is guilty of making the IRA richer than you got to say so is everyone buying gear and sparking up a joint haven't you?
Like i say,i don't know the details of his deals , i posted earlier without giving it much thought. On reflection, saying rest in peace to an international drug smuggler who i never knew seems a bit shallow now.

With you there, PunteR. Buying this sort of thing just makes criminals richer. Anyway, I'm off to pay my tax bil and maybe get a Coke. Now, where are my Nikes?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 10:12 - Apr 12 with 6253 viewsjohncharles

Read the book. The IRA "connection was a shambles and a farce. I forget the IRA geezers name but was a mental case. It's possible he had no connection to the IRA at all. One too stupid and other too stoned to get anything together.

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 10:24 - Apr 12 with 6247 views1MoreBrightonR

An old friend who is "experienced" in the industry shall we say described him as a complete fantasist with amazing PR. interesting! Either way, he was always entertaining and while it isnt a substance i like, he was a good campaigner on legalizing marajuana which i believe in.
Goodbye Mr Nice. on 11:13 - Apr 12 with 6222 viewsPunteR

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 10:24 - Apr 12 by 1MoreBrightonR

An old friend who is "experienced" in the industry shall we say described him as a complete fantasist with amazing PR. interesting! Either way, he was always entertaining and while it isnt a substance i like, he was a good campaigner on legalizing marajuana which i believe in.

There's definitely a case for legalizing marijuana. If alcohol is legal then I cant see why marijuana cant be.
Both have their pros and cons. Both carry health issues.
There is more physiological damage caused with marijuana though Imo. Having smoked loads of it in the past, and experienced paranoid episodes while on it. It effects everyone differently though, I know lads that still smoke it no problem.
Do so called soft drugs lead onto harder drugs? In my experience, yes it does.
I just have a nice bottle of red or a beer to chill me out these days.

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 12:05 - Apr 12 with 6206 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think he was a lovable rogue rather than a Bond-type evil villain as you say, and he never dealt heroin, and he stuck two fingers up to the authorities in many countries. there's lots to like.

But he used IRA gunrunners to traffic his drugs. As you say, every time we light a j we're helping criminals. I'm not giving out or anything, just giving both sides of his story.

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 12:08 - Apr 12 with 6199 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 10:12 - Apr 12 by johncharles

Read the book. The IRA "connection was a shambles and a farce. I forget the IRA geezers name but was a mental case. It's possible he had no connection to the IRA at all. One too stupid and other too stoned to get anything together.

Hey John,

I have the book, it's a great read. He definitely dealt with the IRA when living in Clare. In the 70's there was no alternative if you dealt hash in Ireland, and there's no doubt he went looking for that IRA lunatic in the book to help him traffic.

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 13:32 - Apr 12 with 6146 viewsjohncharles

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 12:08 - Apr 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Hey John,

I have the book, it's a great read. He definitely dealt with the IRA when living in Clare. In the 70's there was no alternative if you dealt hash in Ireland, and there's no doubt he went looking for that IRA lunatic in the book to help him traffic.

Fair enough Brian but as you say any kind of smuggling, even smuggling pigs from the South to North, had to involve the IRA. The IRA "contact" claimed to be in league with everyone including MI6. A fantasist. A sort of Baron O'Munchhausen.

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 13:54 - Apr 12 with 6117 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Goodbye Mr Nice. on 13:32 - Apr 12 by johncharles

Fair enough Brian but as you say any kind of smuggling, even smuggling pigs from the South to North, had to involve the IRA. The IRA "contact" claimed to be in league with everyone including MI6. A fantasist. A sort of Baron O'Munchhausen.

He was a lunatic!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024