Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leed's to go up Auto ? 21:35 - Jan 14 with 5424 views2Thomas2Bowles

To me they look the part

Brighton in play off's again ?

Rob Green oh you lucky B*

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 22:04 - Jan 14 with 4799 viewsLblock

I really hope not
They don't deserve it and have a shit keeper

He got lucky today with yet another terrible bit of kicking. Ball to hand for me

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 22:10 - Jan 14 with 4778 views2Thomas2Bowles

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 22:04 - Jan 14 by Lblock

I really hope not
They don't deserve it and have a shit keeper

He got lucky today with yet another terrible bit of kicking. Ball to hand for me

Not really the arms were up round his head but yes lucky Green

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 22:26 - Jan 14 with 4730 viewsNW10Hoop

Gary Monk is going some way towards proving himself. I think many thought all he had to do at Swansea was just keep the wheels turning because of them being such a well run club.
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 22:31 - Jan 14 with 4719 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I have a strange dislike for Brighton that would mean every cloud at least.
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:17 - Jan 14 with 4646 viewsBluce_Ree

You seen how many clean sheets his royal Kingness has?

Shit keeper? He's fking taking fking shitty Leeds up. It's what he does.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:25 - Jan 14 with 4630 views2Thomas2Bowles

I don't really have a problem with Green, yes makes some howlers but also some great saves.

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:27 - Jan 14 with 4626 viewsCroydonCaptJack

There's been far worse signings and keepers at QPR than Green.
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:32 - Jan 14 with 4609 viewsToast_R

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:27 - Jan 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Pound for pound, no there hasn't.

50k to 60k a week he was on and West Ham refused to match it which is why he came. He was a liability. I'd rather have kept Paddy Kenny then piss all that money on Greens big fat contract
Login to get fewer ads

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:43 - Jan 14 with 4588 viewsPunteR

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:27 - Jan 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Absolutely.
I think Greens biggest issue with some fans were his wages. Fair enough.
If Leeds do go up and that is a big if ,than that is about 4 promotions to the premier league with Green between the sticks. Plus his England career.
That is not a shabby football career. Compare that to Taaron Cherys career.

Not good enough for some on here though apparently..
Smithies is better though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:56 - Jan 14 with 4567 viewsDannytheR

Oh yeah, the England career.

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 00:01 - Jan 15 with 4555 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:43 - Jan 14 by PunteR

Absolutely.
If Leeds do go up and that is a big if ,than that is about 4 promotions to the premier league with Green between the sticks. Plus his England career.

Seconded.

I don't hold any resentment against Green, he was honest and was with us for the right reason I think. Played a very important role in the play off final.

Just his kicking and the occasional rickett let him down. His wages are hardly his fault either .
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 08:07 - Jan 15 with 4372 viewsozexile

I'll never forgive him for that chelsea game. What a kick in the wheels that was.
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 08:44 - Jan 15 with 4313 viewsisawqpratwcity

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 08:07 - Jan 15 by ozexile

I'll never forgive him for that chelsea game. What a kick in the wheels that was.

One game?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 09:03 - Jan 15 with 4266 viewsLongsufferingR

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 08:44 - Jan 15 by isawqpratwcity

One game?

Nope. Also Forest, Hull (two different games), West Brom, Swansea etc etc.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 9:04]
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 09:11 - Jan 15 with 4225 viewsLongsufferingR

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:43 - Jan 14 by PunteR

Absolutely.

Not the wages for me. It's the continuous serious errors that cost goals/games. Yes, he has numerous promotions, but just as many relegations! Would be interesting to hear Leeds fans' views.
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 4197 viewsisawqpratwcity

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 09:03 - Jan 15 by LongsufferingR

Nope. Also Forest, Hull (two different games), West Brom, Swansea etc etc.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 9:04]

Ok. that comment was meant for ozexile who can't forgive a bloke one game. Thats pretty tough. Like it cost us a Cup or promotion or something.

But your list, are they all games you can't forgive? Why, do you never forgive goalie's mistakes?

Is it the money?

Edit: just saw your last comment about the money. I'm not denying that he had serious issues as a goalie, his worst being a tentative, unconfident presence that frequently resulted in howlers, but he could be excellent and was generally good enough to very good. As for Kenny, I thought he was great for us in the promotion season, but I really think he lacked the confidence for the Premier.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 9:35]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 09:42 - Jan 15 with 4136 views2Thomas2Bowles

How much was Julio Cesar on and how many times did he mess up
I thought Green was treated badly with the Cesar situation but still came back and did well for us over all.

Yes he was on good money but so were a lot of players that done far less Sandro to name one.

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:06 - Jan 15 with 4082 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 23:32 - Jan 14 by Toast_R

Pound for pound, no there hasn't.

50k to 60k a week he was on and West Ham refused to match it which is why he came. He was a liability. I'd rather have kept Paddy Kenny then piss all that money on Greens big fat contract

Park, Cesar, Boswingar ...........
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:09 - Jan 15 with 4068 viewsLongsufferingR

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 09:19 - Jan 15 by isawqpratwcity

Ok. that comment was meant for ozexile who can't forgive a bloke one game. Thats pretty tough. Like it cost us a Cup or promotion or something.

But your list, are they all games you can't forgive? Why, do you never forgive goalie's mistakes?

Is it the money?

Edit: just saw your last comment about the money. I'm not denying that he had serious issues as a goalie, his worst being a tentative, unconfident presence that frequently resulted in howlers, but he could be excellent and was generally good enough to very good. As for Kenny, I thought he was great for us in the promotion season, but I really think he lacked the confidence for the Premier.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 9:35]

I can absolutely forgive a keeper the odd error (Smithies at Ipswich the most recent), and also admit their errors are magnified as they more often than not result directly in a goal conceded, but with Green, it was the regularity of them and the number of them. There was a previous thread where I posted a video I found of the Forest one, and while looking for the video, I was stunned by the number of similar errors on youtube from even earlier in his career. He's always been a calamity in waiting, and unfortunately you don't have to wait too long. How long into his Leeds career was it before he cost them a goal? 2 minutes?

Absolutley nothing against him personally or how much he gets paid. I just think he's a liability.
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:11 - Jan 15 with 4060 viewsPunteR

I do think our fans gave him the jitters a bit. His kicking seemed to get worse and more nerve racking by the game.
Its not as if we're not known for giving our own players pelters..
I watched Smithies kick the ball straight back to Reading on Thursday. Keepers make mistakes.
I think Greens reputation goes before him.

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:21 - Jan 15 with 4040 viewsOldPedro

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:11 - Jan 15 by PunteR

I do think our fans gave him the jitters a bit. His kicking seemed to get worse and more nerve racking by the game.
Its not as if we're not known for giving our own players pelters..
I watched Smithies kick the ball straight back to Reading on Thursday. Keepers make mistakes.
I think Greens reputation goes before him.

Keepers mistakes often lead to goals so tend to be highlighted more than other positions. Re kicking, Smithies regularly kicks further than Green and hs distribution is much better too - it is a surprise when Smithies has a bad kick (as that one againts Reading on Thursday) whereas with Green in his last season and a half with us, it was a surprise when he hit a good kick.

Having said that, I think Smithies is a much better keeper than Green - when Green went to Leeds, I pointed out his shortcomings to a Leeds-supporting colleague who didn't believe me at first - he agrees with me now.

I think Green did well for us on some occassions (particularly the play off final) but it was the right move to get rid of him.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:31 - Jan 15 with 4013 viewsPunteR

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:21 - Jan 15 by OldPedro

Keepers mistakes often lead to goals so tend to be highlighted more than other positions. Re kicking, Smithies regularly kicks further than Green and hs distribution is much better too - it is a surprise when Smithies has a bad kick (as that one againts Reading on Thursday) whereas with Green in his last season and a half with us, it was a surprise when he hit a good kick.

Having said that, I think Smithies is a much better keeper than Green - when Green went to Leeds, I pointed out his shortcomings to a Leeds-supporting colleague who didn't believe me at first - he agrees with me now.

I think Green did well for us on some occassions (particularly the play off final) but it was the right move to get rid of him.

Totally agree with you about Smithies. He's a better keeper whose career will only get better whereas Green is coming to the end of his.
I think the fact Green was blocking Smithies progress to the first team probably didn't win him much popularity for some.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 10:33]

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:51 - Jan 15 with 3972 viewsJamie

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 00:01 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Seconded.

I don't hold any resentment against Green, he was honest and was with us for the right reason I think. Played a very important role in the play off final.

Just his kicking and the occasional rickett let him down. His wages are hardly his fault either .

The right reason??

He came for the money. We blew West Ham out of the water financially.

He then turned down two moves back to the PL with West Ham and Palace because they couldn't match what he was earning here.

King Green? King Cnt more like. Shit keeper to boot.
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 11:00 - Jan 15 with 3959 viewsHunterhoop

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:09 - Jan 15 by LongsufferingR

I can absolutely forgive a keeper the odd error (Smithies at Ipswich the most recent), and also admit their errors are magnified as they more often than not result directly in a goal conceded, but with Green, it was the regularity of them and the number of them. There was a previous thread where I posted a video I found of the Forest one, and while looking for the video, I was stunned by the number of similar errors on youtube from even earlier in his career. He's always been a calamity in waiting, and unfortunately you don't have to wait too long. How long into his Leeds career was it before he cost them a goal? 2 minutes?

Absolutley nothing against him personally or how much he gets paid. I just think he's a liability.

This.
Leed's to go up Auto ? on 11:13 - Jan 15 with 3936 viewsDannytheR

Leed's to go up Auto ? on 10:51 - Jan 15 by Jamie

The right reason??

He came for the money. We blew West Ham out of the water financially.

He then turned down two moves back to the PL with West Ham and Palace because they couldn't match what he was earning here.

King Green? King Cnt more like. Shit keeper to boot.

And then when we finally drop him, he does a splashy interview in the Daily Mail saying how poorly he's being treated and that the only reason Smithies is being picked ahead of him is money. "Comfortably the best goalkeeper at the club," says the piece, clearly with the approval of Green and his agent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3488326/Rob-Green-opens-QPR-ex

Every bit as much of a fraud as Bosingwa and Wright-Phillips. How any R can find a good word for him is beyond me.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 11:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024