Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football 10:30 - Jun 20 with 1934 viewsDorse

Remember that? Ah, those were the days.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Football on 10:44 - Jun 20 with 1912 viewsKonk

Depending on who you listened to on here, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way — in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only. But everyone agreed that John Terry was a massive, massive cun t. And that’s what makes football such a fascinating game.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Football on 11:25 - Jun 20 with 1859 viewsMetallica_Hoop

When caps were caps.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Football on 11:48 - Jun 20 with 1821 viewsBluce_Ree

Football should have ended at the end of the 13/14 season.

QPR got promoted.

Chelsea won f**k all.

Liverpool cocked it up spectacularly.

Brill. What a way to end it all.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Football on 11:59 - Jun 20 with 1803 viewsdavman

The game is as good as it has ever been, but the money, the hype, the social media and information around it is what has made things far, far worse than it has ever been.

There have always been 'big clubs' (and despite what they may say, that has not always included Chelscum), but I don't remember a time when you could almost guarantee that the top 6 would always be in the the top 10 come the end of each season. The gulf between the top two divisions has never been bigger and continues to appear to converging on a closed league - that is the tragedy of it all...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Football on 12:22 - Jun 20 with 1760 viewsconnell10

Now im even more depressed! cheers mate!!!!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Football on 12:25 - Jun 20 with 1754 viewsTimNiceBut

Football eh? Who'd've thought it? There was a time; quarter past twelve it was. Remember it like it was only yesterday. In fact, it might've been yesterday. Who knows? It's all changed now. Nothing stays the same; not even Marathon's. Cheese you say? Not heard from him for eons. Nurse! Where's my med's? What do you mean I'll be charged for 'em? You can't charge me. Look at me Ma, top of the world. You'll never take me alive copper! Don't see much copper now, used to be loads of the shiny stuff everywhere. Someone probably stole it all. Can't wear stoles now, made from fur aint they? Some say Fur's bad. Not as good as his dad but still pretty good in my book. Colouring book it is. Mustn't go over the edges. Got rules for everything they have now. Metric rules, preferred imperial meself, they made better mints. Football eh?

Tim Nice But ... All Misty Eyed

Tim Nice But ...

Football on 13:49 - Jun 20 with 1649 viewsDorse

I remember when Johnny 'Kaiser Puncher' Arkwright would play three positions, drink 8 pints of milk stout at halftime and still have time to kick the opposition wing-side quarter-half forward into the nettles. And then he would sign programmes before going back to work in the engine room of His Majesty's Derigible 'The Fanged Marmaduke'. Not like today's pampered millionaires with their hippity hop music and perfumed groins.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Football on 13:59 - Jun 20 with 1633 viewslondonscottish

I'm not sure I can actually manage a season of QPR what with everything else in the world f*cking up at the same time.

I think I'll need medication.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Football on 15:04 - Jun 20 with 1554 viewsSimonJames

100% of people who drink water will die.

Football on 15:53 - Jun 20 with 1510 viewsCFW

Now is it just me or is there anyone else that is totally fed up with football being played at this
time of the year? Cup competitions all over the world, Euro championship matches, meaningless friendlies - I ask you who gives a flying f*uck!!

It is a long enough season as it is - take a break, go on holiday with your wife and kids, lay by the pool, spend some of that shed loads of money you get paid every week and relax.

Went to the Oval on Sunday - great atmosphere and pakistan bowled brilliantly - that Amir is seriously and I mean seriously quick!!! Came out of the ground and walked down to the Oval station and there was a guy on the opposite side of the road with a QPR shirt on - I mean at a cricket game!!!!!!

Summer is the time for other sports, Tennis, Cricket etc - not football!!!
Football on 16:05 - Jun 20 with 1492 viewsjohncharles

Football on 10:44 - Jun 20 by Konk

Depending on who you listened to on here, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way — in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only. But everyone agreed that John Terry was a massive, massive cun t. And that’s what makes football such a fascinating game.

Alright, no need to write a book.

Strong and stable my arse.

Football on 16:07 - Jun 20 with 1484 viewsTacticalR

Football on 15:53 - Jun 20 by CFW

Now is it just me or is there anyone else that is totally fed up with football being played at this
time of the year? Cup competitions all over the world, Euro championship matches, meaningless friendlies - I ask you who gives a flying f*uck!!

It is a long enough season as it is - take a break, go on holiday with your wife and kids, lay by the pool, spend some of that shed loads of money you get paid every week and relax.

Went to the Oval on Sunday - great atmosphere and pakistan bowled brilliantly - that Amir is seriously and I mean seriously quick!!! Came out of the ground and walked down to the Oval station and there was a guy on the opposite side of the road with a QPR shirt on - I mean at a cricket game!!!!!!

Summer is the time for other sports, Tennis, Cricket etc - not football!!!

It's not natural and messes up your body clock.

Air hostess clique

Football on 16:29 - Jun 20 with 1460 viewsDannytheR

Stop footballising LFW.

Personally, my dread about next season means I'm quite happy to not have to think about it yet.

I wish I could arouse myself more about cricket - it's like religion, I'm aware people get a lot of fun and satisfaction out of it and I genuinely wish I could share in it. As it is, it looks like it's another campaign with the Bush Green Frisbee Headhunters again this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024