Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves spend some serious money 19:18 - Jul 8 with 3224 viewsbosh67

Wolves have signed midfielder Ruben Neves from Portuguese club FC Porto for a Championship record fee believed to be £15.8m.

I am starting to think we won't be able to compete at Championship level much longer. Not that I want us to spend £15.8m but all the same, big money being thrown around by a number of clubs.

I have a feeling we may be one of the lowest spending clubs this summer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wolves spend some serious money on 19:50 - Jul 8 with 3179 viewsrsonist

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/mendes-bashing-on-talksport-now.1

State of these deluded mugs...
Wolves spend some serious money on 20:00 - Jul 8 with 3163 viewsrsonist

I don't mind us not being able to spend big - we can definitely still compete without. It's about whether we can spend smart (like Brentford, Barnsley) and coach the best out of what we do buy (like Ipswich, Burton, Preston). And in those respects we're starting to look like we're not good enough for this league any more.

Hell, even below us there's arguably smarter/richer set-ups like Peterborough, Oxford, Portsmouth.
Wolves spend some serious money on 20:50 - Jul 8 with 3094 viewsenfieldargh

Wolves spend some serious money on 20:00 - Jul 8 by rsonist

I don't mind us not being able to spend big - we can definitely still compete without. It's about whether we can spend smart (like Brentford, Barnsley) and coach the best out of what we do buy (like Ipswich, Burton, Preston). And in those respects we're starting to look like we're not good enough for this league any more.

Hell, even below us there's arguably smarter/richer set-ups like Peterborough, Oxford, Portsmouth.

only 3 go up so no matter how much you spend it doesn't guarantee anything.

going to be some pissed off owners

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wolves spend some serious money on 20:58 - Jul 8 with 3075 viewsBrightonhoop

Has he played in the UK before? Serious money either way.

Clubs making a rod for there own backs. Thats nearly 4 Charlie Austins.
Wolves spend some serious money on 21:25 - Jul 8 with 3036 viewsrsonist

Wolves spend some serious money on 20:50 - Jul 8 by enfieldargh

only 3 go up so no matter how much you spend it doesn't guarantee anything.

going to be some pissed off owners

Yeah even with Neves now I still don't think many would feel confident about having them down for promotion.

Maybe with a striker - turns out Bodvarsson was bobbins, shockingly enough...
Wolves spend some serious money on 21:26 - Jul 8 with 3031 viewsbosh67

Wolves spend some serious money on 20:58 - Jul 8 by Brightonhoop

Exactly. Speaking of which we just got about £5.5m for Gladwin, Doughty and the kid who played 10 minutes for us. We can probably afford to buy Charlie back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wolves spend some serious money on 22:07 - Jul 8 with 2988 viewsTripleR

Wolves spend some serious money on 21:26 - Jul 8 by bosh67

Exactly. Speaking of which we just got about £5.5m for Gladwin, Doughty and the kid who played 10 minutes for us. We can probably afford to buy Charlie back.

I'd have Charlie back in a heartbeat, but you'd have to ask, would he come back?
The way forward is to find the gems in the lower divisions, easier said than done.
Wolves spend some serious money on 22:13 - Jul 8 with 2980 viewsrsonist

I should think we'll be in for at least one of the old Jackett players Wolves don't want now. Joe Mason already linked in the press this week.
Login to get fewer ads

Wolves spend some serious money on 00:41 - Jul 9 with 2815 viewsBoston

Wolves spend some serious money on 20:58 - Jul 8 by Brightonhoop

Has he ever seen Wolverhampton?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wolves spend some serious money on 00:58 - Jul 9 with 2804 viewsBrightonhoop

Wolves spend some serious money on 00:41 - Jul 9 by Boston

haha pre-paid compo no doubt factored in. The agents are no doubt on a jolly in Monaco.
Wolves spend some serious money on 01:17 - Jul 9 with 2792 viewsLazyFan

This is great news.

Now for sure we have lost the mantle of most hated for being all money bags. People will forget the millions we have wasted. Well except us of course. Now Wolves can be the target boo boys along with the ex-premshites.

Lets hope we can avoid relegation and get the last few money burners off the books. Only Caulker and a new contract for Ned or his last season and I think we have them all off the books no?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Wolves spend some serious money on 03:32 - Jul 9 with 2735 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Meanwhile, a few miles down the road, Harry's dodgy knees have been getting jittery. 'Mr Chairman we need more money. Kranjcars don't come cheap these days!'

Top-top just got a whole lot more expensive....what are the odds he'll be back in Portugal this time next year?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wolves spend some serious money on 21:58 - Jul 9 with 2374 viewsTacticalR

Wolves spend some serious money on 01:17 - Jul 9 by LazyFan

This is great news.

Now for sure we have lost the mantle of most hated for being all money bags. People will forget the millions we have wasted. Well except us of course. Now Wolves can be the target boo boys along with the ex-premshites.

Lets hope we can avoid relegation and get the last few money burners off the books. Only Caulker and a new contract for Ned or his last season and I think we have them all off the books no?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A lot depends on whether they go up. If they do this purchase might actually seem like a good investment.

It's really about what you get for your money. Our problem was that when we spent big (Keith Curle: 'QPR can now go shopping at Harrods') we ended up with the most unwanted elements of Kia's contacts book/basket of deplorables.

Air hostess clique

Wolves spend some serious money on 07:33 - Jul 10 with 2180 viewsdavman

Wolves spend some serious money on 21:58 - Jul 9 by TacticalR

A lot depends on whether they go up. If they do this purchase might actually seem like a good investment.

It's really about what you get for your money. Our problem was that when we spent big (Keith Curle: 'QPR can now go shopping at Harrods') we ended up with the most unwanted elements of Kia's contacts book/basket of deplorables.

So, how are they going to stay within FFP then, or is that still the crock we all think it is?

So much for that getting sorted this summer...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wolves spend some serious money on 09:08 - Jul 10 with 2093 viewssimmo

An absolute joke, and not for FFP reasons, but for the reasons that he's a million times better than Wolves but there because once more an agent is essentially running the transfers.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wolves spend some serious money on 09:16 - Jul 10 with 2077 viewsNorthernr

Wolves spend some serious money on 09:08 - Jul 10 by simmo

An absolute joke, and not for FFP reasons, but for the reasons that he's a million times better than Wolves but there because once more an agent is essentially running the transfers.

Yeh it's the Blackburn situation all over again where one agent is "advising" the board, one of his clients is the manager and all the signings are his players.

Means that if the agent has a right back on his books that he can't get a deal for, he can offload him onto Wolves even if they don't need a right back.

Means it's in the interests of the decision makers at Wolves to sign 10/15/20 players even if the only really need five, because agent will get paid more.

Means wages and signing on fees can be massively over the odds, because agent represents all three sides so is effectively negotiating with himself. If the player wants a five year contract at £40,000 a week, who's going to say no at Wolves? His agent is also the club's agent and the manager's agent.

Means Wolves may sign much worse players than are available, for much higher prices than they need pay, because they're on the agent's books.

At Blackburn during the height of this nonsense they even signed Myles Anderson, a no-mark with a couple of appearances at Aberdeen, and put him on the bench in Premier League games - Jerome Anderson, his dad, was the agent involved.

Monumental conflict of interests of course. League too busy fining Luton for picking their excellent academy players in Checkatrade Trophy matches.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wolves spend some serious money on 09:33 - Jul 10 with 2034 viewsrobith

Wolves spend some serious money on 00:41 - Jul 9 by Boston

Given Porto is my favourite place on earth, and having had the misfortune of having been to Wolverhampton, I'm gonna go on a limb and say he's not going to be very happy
Wolves spend some serious money on 13:16 - Jul 10 with 1890 viewsTGRRRSSS

If they don't start well this could turn into a disaster, the sums involved are enormous - especially for this level and not a recent prem side (no parachute money like Villa had)

Massive pressure at Wolves anyway with loads coming in not used to the league etc... dodgy start, crowd turns quickly....

I am seriously tempted to put a fiver on them to go down.

I realise this looks stupid if come May they've blown the rest out the water but.... I dont think they will.
Wolves spend some serious money on 14:42 - Jul 10 with 1789 viewsCFW

This and all the huge money signings currently going on in the premier League just shows me the game we all love and have enjoyed over the years is quickly becoming even more of a joke than it has been for the past few seasons.

I am sorry I just do not get it and if this continues I really do fear for football in the longer term. How funny would it be if Sky and BT Sport turned round and said to Mr Scudamore our new offer to you is for 10% of the last one take it or leave it. Now lets see what solid foundations the 'best league in the world' is based on.

Joke absolute joke.
Wolves spend some serious money on 14:55 - Jul 10 with 1771 viewsdavman

Wolves spend some serious money on 14:42 - Jul 10 by CFW

This and all the huge money signings currently going on in the premier League just shows me the game we all love and have enjoyed over the years is quickly becoming even more of a joke than it has been for the past few seasons.

I am sorry I just do not get it and if this continues I really do fear for football in the longer term. How funny would it be if Sky and BT Sport turned round and said to Mr Scudamore our new offer to you is for 10% of the last one take it or leave it. Now lets see what solid foundations the 'best league in the world' is based on.

Joke absolute joke.

The problem there though is that the beast has grown - overseas rights are as lucrative as what BT and Sky put on the table, so if they went for the 10% approach, they'd lose out to a whole heap of companies who'd be willing to pay more and get on to the UK if they had to.

The cash cow is fully encompassing and the ONLY thing that would bring the game back to where it needs to be is for the FA to bring the Premier League into line and get them to support all levels of football in this country. But, as we know, the FA now has the power of thin bog roll against a Vindaloo special.

Face it, we are not going to get another opportunity to join the big table; there is no way on earth we are going to find another mug to spunk another £300m on us...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wolves spend some serious money on 14:57 - Jul 10 with 1767 viewsNorthernr

Wolves spend some serious money on 14:42 - Jul 10 by CFW

Joke absolute joke.

They missed their chance to do that last time when another raise was in neither of their interests, there was no other serious bidder, they were both happy with their existing packages, and yet somehow managed to end up paying another £2bn between them.

If they try it on next time Apple and/or Google will be straight in. It'll end up with one or both of them soon enough anyway.
Wolves spend some serious money on 15:33 - Jul 10 with 1742 viewspaulparker

No way on earth will Wolves go up they can spend another 300 million on fancy Portuguese players it wont make any difference they are what we were under Briatore and look how that ended up
football has gone in this country even in our league is turning into a prem 2 I wouldn't be heart broken to go down to league one if truth be told , at least we would have some decent away days instead of traipsing to Bolton or sheff wed on a Tuesday night
a crash will happen eventually it has to this cannot go on for another 20 years something has to give
in time you will see more AFC clubs formed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wolves spend some serious money on 15:43 - Jul 10 with 1724 viewsGloucs_R

Theyve just signed Ruddy from Norwich on a free too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wolves spend some serious money on 12:50 - Jul 12 with 1394 viewsTacticalR

According to Andy Brassell Neves had a really good season the season before last, but only started six Liga games last season (under Nuno, now the Wolves manager).

'Neves has an enviable range of passing, good vision and is sharp in the tackle. He is not, however, a transformative player who can turn a side’s fortunes on his own (as even Talisca, who eventually joined Besiktas instead of Wolves last summer, is to a point), but a good player for a good team. He will need lots of help around him.'

Why does Ruben Neves' transfer to Wolves sit so uncomfortably?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/ruben-neves-wolves-fc-wolv
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 12:51]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024