Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 14:05 - Jul 17 with 2307 viewsNorthernr

Another new contract. 2020 now.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ryan-manning-agrees-contract-extension/
Manning on 14:09 - Jul 17 with 2285 viewsDorse

I officially declare this to be a good thing. The coveted 'Dorse Seal Of Approval' certificate and free sink plunger is on its way.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Manning on 14:14 - Jul 17 with 2256 viewsJamesB1979

What a turnaround for the young lad and great news for us. Yes he works hard but he also tries to influence games in a positive way be it shooting or playing a key pass.
Manning on 14:15 - Jul 17 with 2244 viewsBucks_Ranger

Must be up for sale then
Manning on 14:17 - Jul 17 with 2229 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news. Delighted.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning on 14:19 - Jul 17 with 2221 viewssimmo

Good lad, stay hungry

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manning on 14:25 - Jul 17 with 2196 viewsNorthernr

Manning on 14:14 - Jul 17 by JamesB1979

What a turnaround for the young lad and great news for us. Yes he works hard but he also tries to influence games in a positive way be it shooting or playing a key pass.

Or killing and maiming opponents. Big fan of this.
Manning on 14:36 - Jul 17 with 2140 viewssimmo

Manning on 14:25 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Same, love that he's a spiky, obnoxious little bleeder in the middle of the park, although he's more than that with a great pass in him, especially the slide rule between FB and CB - hopefully he's encouraged to do more of that this season.

A really good player to have in the team and even better he's a bonafide youth graduate, he's going to need to push on even more this year though to stay in ahead of others, especially with Scowen and Cousins competing. Let's hope that he does and that the fans stay positive about him - more established players tend to get less courtesy than youth teamers but he doesn't seem the sort to let that bother him.

Manning on 15:10 - Jul 17 with 2059 viewsrobith

Manning on 14:36 - Jul 17 by simmo

Same, love that he's a spiky, obnoxious little bleeder in the middle of the park, although he's more than that with a great pass in him, especially the slide rule between FB and CB - hopefully he's encouraged to do more of that this season.

A really good player to have in the team and even better he's a bonafide youth graduate, he's going to need to push on even more this year though to stay in ahead of others, especially with Scowen and Cousins competing. Let's hope that he does and that the fans stay positive about him - more established players tend to get less courtesy than youth teamers but he doesn't seem the sort to let that bother him.

I hate to be that guy, but he isn't a youth team graduate, he played full first team football for two clubs in Ireland making almost 50 appearances before joining us.

Great news overall. So happy to have a fellow Galway boy in the QPR team
Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 15:29 - Jul 17 with 1995 viewssimmo

Manning on 15:10 - Jul 17 by robith

I hate to be that guy, but he isn't a youth team graduate, he played full first team football for two clubs in Ireland making almost 50 appearances before joining us.

Great news overall. So happy to have a fellow Galway boy in the QPR team

Graduated from the youth team, as in signed specifically for the youth team with the intention to promote him to first team football in the future. Unlike say, Sean Goss who despite making a lot less pro appearances than Manning was signed for the 1st team rather than for the development squad.

Manning on 15:36 - Jul 17 with 1956 viewsmcqpr10

Great news, still lots to learn and can cover a few positions. Clever footballer and i just wonder what position people think he will be long term?I have a feeling left back as he's quite tenacious and comfortable in attacking wide positions.
Manning on 15:43 - Jul 17 with 1924 viewsAntti_Heinola

Manning on 15:36 - Jul 17 by mcqpr10

Great news, still lots to learn and can cover a few positions. Clever footballer and i just wonder what position people think he will be long term?I have a feeling left back as he's quite tenacious and comfortable in attacking wide positions.

Agree, wouldn't be shocked to see him play LB or LWB more often this season, especially if Cousins finds some form, and with the signing of Scowen.

Bare bones.

Manning on 15:44 - Jul 17 with 1916 viewstoboboly

Manning on 15:43 - Jul 17 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, wouldn't be shocked to see him play LB or LWB more often this season, especially if Cousins finds some form, and with the signing of Scowen.

I'd keep him in the centre, was a revelation there, will improve as well. Doesn't have the pace for a LB.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Manning on 15:49 - Jul 17 with 1899 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Splendid news

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Manning on 16:07 - Jul 17 with 1822 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 15:44 - Jul 17 by toboboly

I'd keep him in the centre, was a revelation there, will improve as well. Doesn't have the pace for a LB.

I'd keep him in midfield as well. He's damn good there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning on 16:21 - Jul 17 with 1779 viewsBoston

Good move Rangers. We'll have a fcuking football team yet.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manning on 16:39 - Jul 17 with 1730 viewsAntti_Heinola

Manning on 16:07 - Jul 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd keep him in midfield as well. He's damn good there.

he is. also damn good from LB as well. Don't really care where he plays but if three of Freeman, Luongo, Cousins and Scowen (Even Ariel) start playing well, I'd rather have Manning in the team than out. He's a really useful option to have in that position.

Big season for Manning. One thing to come in with youth and vigour for half a season boosted by adrenaline, another to keep it up through a whole gruelling Champ season. I think he'll be fine, but plenty of players look good for 6 months before falling through the leagues. You only have to look at how many clubs rated John Curtis before he finally dropped like a stone to his level.

Bare bones.

Manning on 17:06 - Jul 17 with 1652 viewsJamesB1979

Manning on 14:25 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Good old Samba....miss him.
Manning on 17:12 - Jul 17 with 1636 viewssimmo

Manning on 17:06 - Jul 17 by JamesB1979

Good old Samba....miss him.

"he is. also damn good from LB as well. Don't really care where he plays but if three of Freeman, Luongo, Cousins and Scowen (Even Ariel) start playing well, I'd rather have Manning in the team than out."

Agree with this, difficult to accomodate everyone as that's the one position we have a number of potentially strong players and if Scowen, Cousins, Luongo, etc are all fit and firing (IF), it'll be tough to start as many games as we'd like him to. His delivery and strength in the tackle means he would be good on the left as well as the middle. Nice option to have.

*quoted the wrong thing there, but I miss Samba too
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 17:14]

Manning on 20:02 - Jul 17 with 1456 viewsJAPRANGERS

YOU RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Excuse me for the rude interruption, carry on!
Manning on 20:24 - Jul 17 with 1402 viewsDejR_vu

Manning on 16:39 - Jul 17 by Antti_Heinola

he is. also damn good from LB as well. Don't really care where he plays but if three of Freeman, Luongo, Cousins and Scowen (Even Ariel) start playing well, I'd rather have Manning in the team than out. He's a really useful option to have in that position.

Big season for Manning. One thing to come in with youth and vigour for half a season boosted by adrenaline, another to keep it up through a whole gruelling Champ season. I think he'll be fine, but plenty of players look good for 6 months before falling through the leagues. You only have to look at how many clubs rated John Curtis before he finally dropped like a stone to his level.

I do think there's a danger he's being bigged-up a bit. He's had a promising start but I agree about his second season. Interested to see how he copes.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024