Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 23's question 13:44 - Aug 22 with 1081 viewsterryb

I have just looked on the offie at the under 23's fixtures, resuts & league table & would like clarification on how their fixtures etc are worked out. So, if anybody knows please could you enlighten me.

The league table is quite straightforward & shows that we are in the Southern section. However, both league matches played so far have been against northern clubs who don't appear in our league.

As well as playing the southern clubs twice, do they play a set number of extra matches against side's from the same level of the northern section?

The northern team's that we are playing look to be all from club's in the Championship or above, whereas the southern one's have a few from the lower end of the EFL. Does this mean that the northern section is better, or is this an irrelevance (as it should be)?

Do we look better at this level than we have for quite a while? Results would sugest so, but do the performances?
Under 23's question on 14:58 - Aug 22 with 1015 viewssmegma

As I see it, we play southern teams home and away. We only play northern teams once and it can be home or away. Results against northern teams don't count in the league tables.
Well that's how it was last season.

As for performances/results etc I believe the u23s/reserves and Under 18s are in a good state. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's the best for over 20 years. This is reflected in the fact the amount of youngsters that have made appearances in the first team in the last 3 seasons. But then the amount of players we've had come through the academy/reserves in the last 18 months is phenomenal. A member of staff told me recently we've had over 100 boys on trial in that time, with that amount it's obvious some would shine. Two seasons ago we used 92 players in the under 23 games.
Under 23's question on 15:03 - Aug 22 with 1001 viewsRoller

That leads me on nicely to one of my favourite questions about last season.

How many current or former academy players saw first team action last season and name them?
Under 23's question on 15:17 - Aug 22 with 973 viewssmegma

Under 23's question on 15:03 - Aug 22 by Roller

That leads me on nicely to one of my favourite questions about last season.

How many current or former academy players saw first team action last season and name them?

Bowler. Eze. Manning. Comley.Doughty.Furlong. Hamalainen. Kakay. Kpekwa. Petrasso. Shodipo.
Under 23's question on 15:24 - Aug 22 with 959 viewsRoller

Excellent attempt, but one short (I think)
Under 23's question on 16:49 - Aug 22 with 888 viewsCheshireR

Grego-Cox
Under 23's question on 16:52 - Aug 22 with 883 viewssmegma

Under 23's question on 16:49 - Aug 22 by CheshireR

Grego-Cox

He didn't play for our first team last season to my knowledge. Spent a lot of it on loan, got injured then returned to us. He only played about 7-8 times for our under 23s at the tail end of the season.
Unless he played in the last games??
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 16:55]
Under 23's question on 17:02 - Aug 22 with 856 viewsRoller

He came on for the last few minutes at Norwich - lucky chap!
Under 23's question on 17:53 - Aug 22 with 795 viewsterryb

Under 23's question on 14:58 - Aug 22 by smegma

As I see it, we play southern teams home and away. We only play northern teams once and it can be home or away. Results against northern teams don't count in the league tables.
Well that's how it was last season.

As for performances/results etc I believe the u23s/reserves and Under 18s are in a good state. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's the best for over 20 years. This is reflected in the fact the amount of youngsters that have made appearances in the first team in the last 3 seasons. But then the amount of players we've had come through the academy/reserves in the last 18 months is phenomenal. A member of staff told me recently we've had over 100 boys on trial in that time, with that amount it's obvious some would shine. Two seasons ago we used 92 players in the under 23 games.

Thanks smegma.

The league table stated that we have played one league game this season, winning 4-1. I assumed that was the Huddersfield game & hadn't been updated with the Hull victory.

Either way, it is the performance & development that is far more important than the result.
Login to get fewer ads

Under 23's question on 18:59 - Aug 22 with 740 viewssmegma

Under 23's question on 17:53 - Aug 22 by terryb

Thanks smegma.

The league table stated that we have played one league game this season, winning 4-1. I assumed that was the Huddersfield game & hadn't been updated with the Hull victory.

Either way, it is the performance & development that is far more important than the result.

Almost except 4-1 was against Hull City.
Under 23's question on 19:09 - Aug 22 with 725 viewsterryb

Under 23's question on 18:59 - Aug 22 by smegma

Almost except 4-1 was against Hull City.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024