Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Slovenia 21:15 - Oct 5 with 5337 viewsHayesender

Anyone still awake actually watching this utter utter dog turd?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

England v Slovenia on 21:17 - Oct 5 with 2669 viewsenfieldargh

Wheres the QPR V Burton thread when you need it

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

England v Slovenia on 21:26 - Oct 5 with 2622 viewsStanisgod

Just turned back over after watching the first 30 minutes and apparently theres been some subs , saw Sterling was still losing possesion every 3 seconds and turned back to the darts. Love to see Slovenia score.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England v Slovenia on 21:27 - Oct 5 with 2605 viewsFredManRave

17:13
England 0-0 Slovenia

Phil McNulty
BBC Sport chief football writer

England's fans amusing themselves by throwing paper aeroplanes - tells you everything about the quality of this World Cup qualifier.

Frustration all round
England 0-0 Slovenia

And then....

Gary Flintoff
BBC Radio 5 live reporter at Wembley
I am sat next to Chris Waddle and Phil Neville in the BBC commentary box at Wembley. They are just as frustrated as the fans inside the stadium. I do not think that Chris is impressed that paper airplanes being thrown from the upper tier onto the pitch are being cheered louder than the England team.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2017 21:29]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

England v Slovenia on 21:30 - Oct 5 with 2600 viewsbosh67

Blimey. And I thought QPR v Burton was poor.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England v Slovenia on 21:36 - Oct 5 with 2569 viewsaston_hoop

Ha! never in doubt was it?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England v Slovenia on 21:36 - Oct 5 with 2569 viewsdanehoop

England v Slovenia on 21:30 - Oct 5 by bosh67

Blimey. And I thought QPR v Burton was poor.

Well played the mighty Slovenes, footballing Titans of the former Yugoslavia.

Never knowingly understood

England v Slovenia on 21:38 - Oct 5 with 2558 viewsdanehoop

England v Slovenia on 21:36 - Oct 5 by danehoop

Well played the mighty Slovenes, footballing Titans of the former Yugoslavia.

Robbed

Never knowingly understood

England v Slovenia on 21:40 - Oct 5 with 2546 viewsStanisgod

Its coming home, its coming home...

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

England v Slovenia on 21:42 - Oct 5 with 2530 viewsbosh67

Lucky lucky. Thank the lord we have Kane. Hart kept us in that. I fear we won't get out the hotel room let alone the group at the World Cup.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England v Slovenia on 21:44 - Oct 5 with 2521 viewsAntti_Heinola

England v Slovenia on 21:42 - Oct 5 by bosh67

Lucky lucky. Thank the lord we have Kane. Hart kept us in that. I fear we won't get out the hotel room let alone the group at the World Cup.

Hart only made saves the top 20 English keepers would have made. Thought he was pretty poor with his decision making. looked nervous.
dreadful game, dreadful team, dreadful coach.

Bare bones.

England v Slovenia on 21:46 - Oct 5 with 2508 viewsted_hendrix

Stunningly predictable football, well when I say football,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England v Slovenia on 21:46 - Oct 5 with 2502 viewsFredManRave

England v Slovenia on 21:44 - Oct 5 by Antti_Heinola

Hart only made saves the top 20 English keepers would have made. Thought he was pretty poor with his decision making. looked nervous.
dreadful game, dreadful team, dreadful coach.

That's a bit knee jerky?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

England v Slovenia on 21:54 - Oct 5 with 2475 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scotland’s hopes till alive.

Poor Karl waiting to qualify for a good while then has to trek to fvcking Russia instead of Portugal, Brazil, or South Africa.
England v Slovenia on 21:58 - Oct 5 with 2449 viewsdaveB

Englands midfield options are the worst i can ever remember. We have a genuine world class forward in Kane and some decent attackers in Rashford, Alli and Sterling but no one to give them the ball. Dier and Henderson as first choice is depressing but worse is when you see the other options are Livermore and err umm no sorry can't think of any others
England v Slovenia on 22:03 - Oct 5 with 2432 viewspaulparker

Southgate should be sacked that was sh1te , Henderson is the worst midfield player ive ever seen play for England and to think some people called wilkins a crab
we dont have the players to play 4-2-3-1 its slow and painful either play 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 diamond , our set plays are shite and why do we never put balls in the box
we wont get out of our group at the world cup its a waste of time us being there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v Slovenia on 22:06 - Oct 5 with 2416 viewsWatford_Ranger

England v Slovenia on 21:58 - Oct 5 by daveB

Englands midfield options are the worst i can ever remember. We have a genuine world class forward in Kane and some decent attackers in Rashford, Alli and Sterling but no one to give them the ball. Dier and Henderson as first choice is depressing but worse is when you see the other options are Livermore and err umm no sorry can't think of any others

I'd like to see Tom Davies get a run for Everton under the useless Koeman as I think he'll be good enough. Chalobah is having a good season. Winks is a good player but also maybe a year too soon.

We will still take Henderson, Dier and Wilshere.
England v Slovenia on 22:08 - Oct 5 with 2402 viewsHunterhoop

England v Slovenia on 21:58 - Oct 5 by daveB

Spot on, Dave. Sounds silly, but I genuinely think the best two central midfielders in England are Shelvey and Cairney. Shows the lack of depth, but I think we'd be better with them.

What the hell Chamberlain is offering I have no idea.

And has been said before, out players look like they hate no clue how we're meant to get the ball from A to B and actually attack! What's our shape? What's our style? What is Southgate trying to do?
England v Slovenia on 22:09 - Oct 5 with 2399 viewsizlingtonhoop

I've been under general anaesthetic today.

Thus I was forced to watch unaided by lager...

England v Slovenia on 22:16 - Oct 5 with 2362 viewsSteveB

England v Slovenia on 22:03 - Oct 5 by paulparker

Southgate should be sacked that was sh1te , Henderson is the worst midfield player ive ever seen play for England and to think some people called wilkins a crab
we dont have the players to play 4-2-3-1 its slow and painful either play 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 diamond , our set plays are shite and why do we never put balls in the box
we wont get out of our group at the world cup its a waste of time us being there

I get your point, however I saw Carlton Palmer & Geoff Thomas in England shirts. Henderson is pony agreed, worse midfielder? Jury is still out...
England v Slovenia on 22:17 - Oct 5 with 2360 viewsHunterhoop

England v Slovenia on 22:09 - Oct 5 by izlingtonhoop

I've been under general anaesthetic today.

Thus I was forced to watch unaided by lager...

From my experience of being under general, time moves quicker and more painslessly, so no sympathy here, Islington!
England v Slovenia on 22:23 - Oct 5 with 2335 viewsizlingtonhoop

England v Slovenia on 22:17 - Oct 5 by Hunterhoop

From my experience of being under general, time moves quicker and more painslessly, so no sympathy here, Islington!

Unfortunately I was fully concious by kick off, but only 8 hours into a 24h alcohol ban.
England v Slovenia on 22:33 - Oct 5 with 2303 viewsLblock

Unshockingly shite

I would seriously back the rat, skippy and Freeman against that England midfield. Woeful.

I am grateful to balloon head Kane for his goal. 4/6 anytime was tight odds but a win is a win.
Henderson runs like the pink panther and Sterling looks like a great sale for us at £9mill to City - bagging that sell on was fantastic and I bet the scouse are laughing an all
Where we are totally crap is the back combination of CB's and GK - they look like virgins in a whore house at times.

No wonder the FA has booked a Holiday Inn for the players to stay in over the tournament

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England v Slovenia on 22:39 - Oct 5 with 2271 viewsdaveB

England v Slovenia on 22:08 - Oct 5 by Hunterhoop

Spot on, Dave. Sounds silly, but I genuinely think the best two central midfielders in England are Shelvey and Cairney. Shows the lack of depth, but I think we'd be better with them.

What the hell Chamberlain is offering I have no idea.

And has been said before, out players look like they hate no clue how we're meant to get the ball from A to B and actually attack! What's our shape? What's our style? What is Southgate trying to do?

I'll be honest I switched on after 20 minutes tonight and switched off 8 minutes later to catch up with W1A so I don't know what shape it was supposed to be tonight but I find it bizarre that we are not playing a back 3. We have full backs pushed high up the pitch leaving the centre halves exposed so just play a 3rd one and take the pressure off. A back 3 of Keane, Cahil and Stones should be decent with Walker and Bertrand as wing backs, that also allows us to either play Rashford and Kane up front together or play a front 3 of Rashford, Kane and Sterling.

Agree with you about Cairney although Shelvery is one of those who looks a world beater when you stand off him him but put him under pressure and he'll either get sent off or go missing.

It is depressing though when you see how well Wales are playing and all they are is a bunch of decent players with one world class player in Bale, The likes of Ramsey and Davies are no better than Alli and Walker should be for England but they have a shape and system all the players believe in and they play it every game. England will change the style and shape again on Sunday and in every friendly between now and next June you can be sure of that.
England v Slovenia on 22:48 - Oct 5 with 2252 viewsizlingtonhoop

England v Slovenia on 22:16 - Oct 5 by SteveB

I get your point, however I saw Carlton Palmer & Geoff Thomas in England shirts. Henderson is pony agreed, worse midfielder? Jury is still out...

Carlton Palmer

I trot this out whenever I hear his name, and I'm quite sure I've done it on here, but it never tires.

The man of whom George Best remarked "He can trap a ball further than I can kick it."
England v Slovenia on 22:57 - Oct 5 with 2223 viewskensalriser

Knew they only needed a draw and didn't want to over exert themselves or get injured. Hey-ho.

Of course, when it really matters they won't be as committed!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024