Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
non QPR: curry house recommendations 22:21 - Oct 9 with 3760 viewsPeterHucker

where's the best place for a curry around Hammersmith / Chiswick / Fulham area these days? I moved away from W12 in 2003 and none of favourite places from back then seem to be still in business!!

Looking for somewhere we can eat in, not takeaway, mid price kind of place. i.e. not some gentrified over-priced place but not some cheapo place with too much grease and colouring food either.

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 22:32 - Oct 9 with 3747 viewsHunterhoop

Putney Tandoori used to be an old school type curry house. Haven't been in a few years (used to live around the corner), but used to be pretty reliable, and the curries all erred on the side of hot.

Old bloke who owned it used to potter about talking to customers too.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 23:07 - Oct 9 with 3701 viewsjohncharles

Monty's Northfield Avenue.
Nuff said.

Strong and stable my arse.

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 23:24 - Oct 9 with 3684 viewsRBlock

Rajput on the goldhawk road is very good
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 23:59 - Oct 9 with 3661 viewssmegma

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 23:24 - Oct 9 by RBlock

Ajanta on Goldhawk Rd corner of Bush Green. But it's not in Hammersmith Fulham or Chiswick though
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 01:33 - Oct 10 with 3624 viewstimcocking

By far the best (in London) is Khan's in Notting Hill. No alcohol for sale if that matters.

Not posh, just far superior.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 1:34]
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 07:22 - Oct 10 with 3535 viewsMrSheen

Indian Zing on King Street in Hammersmith is higher end, but worth it. Really good.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 07:59 - Oct 10 with 3509 viewshubble

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 23:24 - Oct 9 by RBlock

I'll second that - old school, delicious and cheap.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 08:11 - Oct 10 with 3497 viewsGroveR

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 01:33 - Oct 10 by timcocking

By far the best (in London) is Khan's in Notting Hill. No alcohol for sale if that matters.

It's not curry (Austrian) but if I was on Westbourne Grove I'd keep going a couple of door's down from khans to the Tiroler Hut. Do not try to sink their beer like a session lager though or you'll be oom-pah-pahing your way round trying to touch everyone's pork knuckle.
Login to get fewer ads

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 08:17 - Oct 10 with 3490 viewsRBlock

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 07:22 - Oct 10 by MrSheen

Indian Zing on King Street in Hammersmith is higher end, but worth it. Really good.

Ooh, ye, I'll back Zing as well. Very good.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 08:50 - Oct 10 with 3462 viewsparker64

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 08:11 - Oct 10 by GroveR

It's not curry (Austrian) but if I was on Westbourne Grove I'd keep going a couple of door's down from khans to the Tiroler Hut. Do not try to sink their beer like a session lager though or you'll be oom-pah-pahing your way round trying to touch everyone's pork knuckle.

I used to work round there in the early 90s working lates. Had many good nights in the Tirorler Hut - one of the few places that stayed open after pub closing time. Not averse to chucking people out if you got a bit leery! The others were the Bohemia in the basement of one of those slightly seedy hotels, and Angelos further along Westbourne Grove.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 09:42 - Oct 10 with 3424 viewshubble

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 01:33 - Oct 10 by timcocking

Tim Khans had really gone downhill last time I visited it. In the 80s it was superb. Seemed a shadow of its former self latterly. When was the last time you went?

When I was a kid we used to go to the Light of India on King Street which was great and I think there's still a stretch around Ravenscourt Park where there are about 4 or 5 Indian Restaurants (aforementioned Indian Zing being one of them), all of them pretty good.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 10:25 - Oct 10 with 3391 viewsrunningman75

Rangrez Indian Restaurant - Fulham Palace Road, great Punjabi food.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 11:32 - Oct 10 with 3338 viewsichbinnaughty

Potli, on Chiswick High is magnificent.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 13:15 - Oct 10 with 3276 viewsEsox_Lucius

Crown & Sceptre if you like a Thai curry, with the added bonus of Fullers beers on tap.

The grass is always greener.

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 21:30 - Oct 10 with 3104 viewsGroveR

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 08:50 - Oct 10 by parker64

I used to work round there in the early 90s working lates. Had many good nights in the Tirorler Hut - one of the few places that stayed open after pub closing time. Not averse to chucking people out if you got a bit leery! The others were the Bohemia in the basement of one of those slightly seedy hotels, and Angelos further along Westbourne Grove.

Oh good lord, downstairs at Angelos - first place I ever saw a Greek wedding where bags of gear were pinned to the bride's dress
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 22:41 - Oct 10 with 3064 viewsBrightonhoop

Long way out and a long time ago but the kohinoor in Uxbridge was second only to the funky Medina on Brick Lane which also had no licence, but you could go next door and return with trays of pints from the pub. Happy days.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 01:57 - Oct 11 with 3019 viewsW14Hoop

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 08:17 - Oct 10 by RBlock

Ooh, ye, I'll back Zing as well. Very good.

Yea Zing is good.

Katmandu by the seven stars roundabout by Goldhanger Rd and Paddenswick Rd if it's still there used to be good.

But I'd go the extra mile(s) to the Churchill Arms in Notting Hill for the Thai food there. Absolute quality and reasonable too. Been going there for years then Central line to White City for the game.
non QPR: curry house recommendations on 03:22 - Oct 11 with 3005 viewsBoston

Never got a liking for Thai curry, not that I don't eat it occasionally, it's just not Indian.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 09:27 - Oct 11 with 2929 viewsPommyhoop

I was going to say edge out further West to Southall to go to The Brilliant.
I googled it to see it was still doing the business , found this funky video from 2 years ago.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 20:46 - Oct 11 with 2806 viewsBklynRanger

non QPR: curry house recommendations on 09:42 - Oct 10 by hubble

Tim Khans had really gone downhill last time I visited it. In the 80s it was superb. Seemed a shadow of its former self latterly. When was the last time you went?

When I was a kid we used to go to the Light of India on King Street which was great and I think there's still a stretch around Ravenscourt Park where there are about 4 or 5 Indian Restaurants (aforementioned Indian Zing being one of them), all of them pretty good.

Yeah I really like Shilpa around there, though not necessarily completely and utterly mind blowing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024