Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Ndah 09:15 - Nov 7 with 5580 viewsHayesender

Did this fella ever play for us?

For some unexplainable reason I woke up this morning thinking about an away game at Burnley back in 2001 (I think) which we lost 2-1.

I remember a black player up front for us who was useless, and missed a sitter which would have made it 2-2 and Ndah is the only name I can come up with.

Anyway, I'm just off to see my therapist

Poll: Shamima Beghum

George Ndah on 09:22 - Nov 7 with 4814 viewspaulparker

Wasn't he the bloke we had a million pound fee agreed with Palace , Gerry wanted him but the deal fell short as at the time we wasn't paying "signing on fees"
I think he went to Wolves and faded into obscurity
don't think he played for us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

George Ndah on 09:25 - Nov 7 with 4808 viewsWatford_Ranger

http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/7410/years-george-ndah-signing-fell

In unrelated news I was there for Carl Leaburn's entire QPR career.
George Ndah on 09:38 - Nov 7 with 4777 viewsHayesender

Ah hang on, Michel Ngonge

Poll: Shamima Beghum

George Ndah on 09:45 - Nov 7 with 4762 viewspeejaybee

George Ndah on 09:38 - Nov 7 by Hayesender

Ah hang on, Michel Ngonge

Or even Kiwomya.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

George Ndah on 10:02 - Nov 7 with 4723 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I saw Armel Tchakounte (admittedly in the Stiffs) and if ever there was a case of an odd signing lending itself to being suspicious, then Armel was it for me!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

George Ndah on 10:12 - Nov 7 with 4717 viewsNorthernr

Remember running up a colossal phone bill on ClubCall waiting for Terry Cinzano to reveal we'd signed George Ndah for £1m, but first ran through both the starting 11s, and subs, and match report, from the reserve game two days previous. I thought he failed his medical in the end, went to Wolves and was indeed crocked very soon after. Most un-QPR like that.
George Ndah on 10:14 - Nov 7 with 4714 viewsDorse

George Ndah on 10:02 - Nov 7 by PlanetHonneywood

I saw Armel Tchakounte (admittedly in the Stiffs) and if ever there was a case of an odd signing lending itself to being suspicious, then Armel was it for me!

Marcin Kus. I'll say no more.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

George Ndah on 11:32 - Nov 7 with 4610 viewsrsonist

George Ndah on 10:12 - Nov 7 by Northernr

Remember running up a colossal phone bill on ClubCall waiting for Terry Cinzano to reveal we'd signed George Ndah for £1m, but first ran through both the starting 11s, and subs, and match report, from the reserve game two days previous. I thought he failed his medical in the end, went to Wolves and was indeed crocked very soon after. Most un-QPR like that.

To be fair Ndah got his leg broken by someone - wasn't like Richard Ord dying after falling out of his wheelchair.
Login to get fewer ads

George Ndah on 11:44 - Nov 7 with 4589 viewsWatford_Ranger

George Ndah on 10:14 - Nov 7 by Dorse

Marcin Kus. I'll say no more.

Adam Czerkas!
George Ndah on 11:46 - Nov 7 with 4588 viewsrsonist

Remember feeling slightly envious that Palace always seemed to have two or three more decent (though irritating) strikers than they ever needed round that time, they were like the Nationwide League Inter Milan. Shipperley, Freedman, Ndah, Bruce Dyer, Clinton Morrison, Leon McKenzie, Matt Jansen, Marcus Bent...
George Ndah on 12:48 - Nov 7 with 4495 viewsloftboy

Dean Sturridge anyone

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

George Ndah on 12:51 - Nov 7 with 4490 viewsJogo

Dave McEwen.....who!
George Ndah on 15:11 - Nov 7 with 4343 viewsBoston

George Ndah on 09:45 - Nov 7 by peejaybee

Or even Kiwomya.

He came from Arsenal, he cost the R's fcuking all....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

George Ndah on 18:10 - Nov 7 with 4205 viewsFredManRave

George Ndah on 15:11 - Nov 7 by Boston

He came from Arsenal, he cost the R's fcuking all....

fcuk, shirley?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

George Ndah on 13:28 - Nov 8 with 3990 viewsSuperhoop83

For some reason I remember this match, maybe because it was the first time I'd heard of our goal scorer, who went on to become a club legend:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/1238123.stm

The reporter said we didn't look like a relegation outfit. We were relegated 4 weeks later.

Suffering since 1978.

George Ndah on 14:25 - Nov 8 with 3962 viewsNorthernr

George Ndah on 13:28 - Nov 8 by Superhoop83

For some reason I remember this match, maybe because it was the first time I'd heard of our goal scorer, who went on to become a club legend:

The reporter said we didn't look like a relegation outfit. We were relegated 4 weeks later.

Our train caught fire (properly) leaving Leeds that day and we missed the first half as a result. That was when First Division fixtures still took place on international weekends so it was an early kick off as there was an England game in the afternoon I think.
Don't think I've ever seen the two Burnley goals as they were scored before we arrived so as far as I'm concerned we won 1-0.
George Ndah on 14:30 - Nov 8 with 3954 viewsTheChef

George Ndah on 13:28 - Nov 8 by Superhoop83

Good old Biggie, one of our real unsung heroes from that era.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

George Ndah on 17:43 - Nov 8 with 3882 viewscarlosthebulb

George Ndah on 14:25 - Nov 8 by Northernr

Our train caught fire (properly) leaving Leeds that day and we missed the first half as a result. That was when First Division fixtures still took place on international weekends so it was an early kick off as there was an England game in the afternoon I think.
Don't think I've ever seen the two Burnley goals as they were scored before we arrived so as far as I'm concerned we won 1-0.

Ah, THAT Burnley game.

Here's a little story... Night before I got offered an England ticket v Finland at Anfield which was also on the saturday ko 3pm. Our game at Turf Moor was early so I hatched a plan to go to Burnley then whiz straight to Anfield to catch second half and meet up with a couple of friends. As I can never make my mind up, I set off early sat morn unsure whether to carry out the plan or do the sensible thing and bin Rangers and just go to the England game. I decided to ring up 5Live & I think Tom Watt or someone was on and I went live on air asking the 5live audience what I should do? Naturally, pretty much everyone thought I was barmy even contemplating going to Burnley and the presenter was astonished that I finally made my mind up on air to stick with the original plan, one of the reasons was that I wanted to clock up the new ground (TM)

So off I went, phone in hand and watched Rangers lose a game that was quite incredible as to how we exactly lost. 2-1, Biggie scoring on his debut and NGonge, which promoted this memory, missing sitter after sitter with then Burnley boss Stan Ternant almost embarrassed that his team had won that game. So farked off was I, that i blanked my mates waiting at Anfield, and just went home. Long old trip on my own as well. Just proving that Rangers have, for years, really screwed up my weekends. Bloody Ngonge. Useless
George Ndah on 20:21 - Nov 8 with 3836 viewsNorthernr

George Ndah on 17:43 - Nov 8 by carlosthebulb

Ah, THAT Burnley game.

Here's a little story... Night before I got offered an England ticket v Finland at Anfield which was also on the saturday ko 3pm. Our game at Turf Moor was early so I hatched a plan to go to Burnley then whiz straight to Anfield to catch second half and meet up with a couple of friends. As I can never make my mind up, I set off early sat morn unsure whether to carry out the plan or do the sensible thing and bin Rangers and just go to the England game. I decided to ring up 5Live & I think Tom Watt or someone was on and I went live on air asking the 5live audience what I should do? Naturally, pretty much everyone thought I was barmy even contemplating going to Burnley and the presenter was astonished that I finally made my mind up on air to stick with the original plan, one of the reasons was that I wanted to clock up the new ground (TM)

So off I went, phone in hand and watched Rangers lose a game that was quite incredible as to how we exactly lost. 2-1, Biggie scoring on his debut and NGonge, which promoted this memory, missing sitter after sitter with then Burnley boss Stan Ternant almost embarrassed that his team had won that game. So farked off was I, that i blanked my mates waiting at Anfield, and just went home. Long old trip on my own as well. Just proving that Rangers have, for years, really screwed up my weekends. Bloody Ngonge. Useless

Bit like Sammy Koejoe in that he was obviously out of shape, and truly awful 99% of the time, but would occasionally whop in a fantastic goal.

Quite the night at Loftus Road when those two get inducted into the Forever R’s.
George Ndah on 20:39 - Nov 8 with 3813 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trivia question:

Who was the striker who scored a great lob in a pre-season friendly at The New Den?

We thought we'd signed a little gem, but his career was to tail away.

Hint: It was in the 90's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

George Ndah on 20:42 - Nov 8 with 3808 viewscarlosthebulb

George Ndah on 20:39 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Trivia question:

Who was the striker who scored a great lob in a pre-season friendly at The New Den?

the same game Gerry played? I was with you Brian. Then met Ruddock & Shearer in Bonaparts at Waterloo after they'd been to Charity Shield game.
George Ndah on 20:46 - Nov 8 with 3804 viewsBrianMcCarthy

George Ndah on 20:42 - Nov 8 by carlosthebulb

the same game Gerry played? I was with you Brian. Then met Ruddock & Shearer in Bonaparts at Waterloo after they'd been to Charity Shield game.

Yes, that was the day.

Shearer was hammered!

Gerry played? Really? Jesus, my memory is crap.

George Ndah on 11:02 - Nov 9 with 3714 viewsrsonist

Don't recall the goal/game but Ross Weare possibly?
George Ndah on 11:09 - Nov 9 with 3712 viewsCamberleyR

George Ndah on 20:39 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Trivia question:

Lee Charles?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

George Ndah on 14:17 - Nov 9 with 3637 viewsBrianMcCarthy

George Ndah on 11:09 - Nov 9 by CamberleyR

Lee Charles?

Correct, Camberly.

Up to the top o' the class with you!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024