Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ireland Danmark match thread 11:37 - Nov 14 with 8409 viewsBlackCrowe

GÃ¥ Danskerne!

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ireland Danmark match thread on 11:56 - Nov 14 with 3813 viewskingsburyR

Go Eire!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ireland Danmark match thread on 12:02 - Nov 14 with 3807 viewsWatford_Ranger

Prefer Norn Iron to Eire but would much rather see them there than Denmark.

0-0 must be about 6/4 by now.
Ireland Danmark match thread on 12:02 - Nov 14 with 3803 viewspaulparker

c'mon Ireland

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ireland Danmark match thread on 12:10 - Nov 14 with 3784 viewsTheChef

After last night I don't think I can take much more anti football.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ireland Danmark match thread on 12:18 - Nov 14 with 3768 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was talking to Dermot Gallagher yesterday about the games, he was in the gym for a quick sesh before heading off to Dublin for a longer sesh.

The grass is always greener.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 12:41 - Nov 14 with 3724 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland Danmark match thread on 12:10 - Nov 14 by TheChef

After last night I don't think I can take much more anti football.

Me neither!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ireland Danmark match thread on 13:29 - Nov 14 with 3650 viewsMonahoop

I have a feeling this game will be as tight or negative which ever way you perceived it, as the 1st leg. Whoever scores first will win. Hope it's Ireland, but by Christ, I hope they put on a better show than in Denmark. You really do need a large alcoholic intake to even begin to appreciate their 'siege of The Alamo' type defensive displays then another large intake later just to figure out how they didn't lose. Lighten up and entertain for a change for Christsakes!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 13:30 - Nov 14 with 3650 viewsdanehoop

This.

But I would say that wouldn't I?

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:03 - Nov 14 with 3601 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland Danmark match thread on 13:30 - Nov 14 by danehoop

This.

But I would say that wouldn't I?

To be fair, Denmark saying that they were more entertaining than Ireland was tuppence looking down on a ha'penny.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:05 - Nov 14 with 3592 viewstimcocking

In a game of this magnitude, gotta forgive the teams for being negative. Very hard situation to deal with, really immense pressure.
Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:08 - Nov 14 with 3583 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:05 - Nov 14 by timcocking

In a game of this magnitude, gotta forgive the teams for being negative. Very hard situation to deal with, really immense pressure.

True, and that may excuse Denmark.

Ireland, however, have played rank-awful football all campaign.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:12 - Nov 14 with 3575 viewspaulparker

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:08 - Nov 14 by BrianMcCarthy

With the squad Ireland have its a miracle they have got this far , if they try to play like man city they would be torn a new one
you play to your strengths ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:22 - Nov 14 with 3551 viewsTheChef

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:08 - Nov 14 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought they played alright against Serbia at home and deserved to get something from the game, but couldn't hit the target.

Something they will need to do tonight.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:36 - Nov 14 with 3532 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:12 - Nov 14 by paulparker

With the squad Ireland have its a miracle they have got this far , if they try to play like man city they would be torn a new one
you play to your strengths ,

No-one's suggesting that we play like City, but you would have to watch all of our games to see how dog-turd we are playing. 156 passes against Moldova, like!

We have players who are more comfortable passing short in Brady, Hoolahan, Hendrick in the centre. On the odd occasion that they've been allowed to play football ahead of a steady defensive base we've done really well.

Add that to our tradition of carving out huge results when we play with tempo and defend from the front, a model that has suited our players for decades but one that O' Neill ignores, and you can see why the Country is not just bored but also confused.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:44 - Nov 14 with 3510 viewsrobith

1-0 Ireland. Deflection off Shane Duffy's upper thigh. 86 minutes of defensive sh!thousery
Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:49 - Nov 14 with 3508 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:22 - Nov 14 by TheChef

I thought they played alright against Serbia at home and deserved to get something from the game, but couldn't hit the target.

Something they will need to do tonight.

Ya, that was one of our better games to be fair. Hoolahan picked in the centre makes such a difference for us.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:49 - Nov 14 with 3507 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:44 - Nov 14 by robith

1-0 Ireland. Deflection off Shane Duffy's upper thigh. 86 minutes of defensive sh!thousery

That'll do!

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:01 - Nov 14 with 3492 viewspaulparker

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:36 - Nov 14 by BrianMcCarthy

No-one's suggesting that we play like City, but you would have to watch all of our games to see how dog-turd we are playing. 156 passes against Moldova, like!

We have players who are more comfortable passing short in Brady, Hoolahan, Hendrick in the centre. On the odd occasion that they've been allowed to play football ahead of a steady defensive base we've done really well.

Add that to our tradition of carving out huge results when we play with tempo and defend from the front, a model that has suited our players for decades but one that O' Neill ignores, and you can see why the Country is not just bored but also confused.

Living with a mad mental Irish woman for the last god knows how many years I have followed the boys in green quite a bit , and this is the worst squad ive ever seen the pool is very dry
O'Neil imo has worked miracles to get them within any shout of the World cup
Yes its not pretty but the lads who pull on that shirt would throw themselves under a bus for him and its not even 2 years ago that they beat the Germans , the only game I think O'Neil got it wrong was Serbia at home where he hoofed it to much and ran out of ideas , I do agree that at times they don't get it wide enough but O'Neil is the master at up setting the odds you may be bored Bri but I love watching them ruffle a few feathers
its easy to have a go but they are doing what Scotland & wales couldn't despite them having bigger and better players to choose from

also if they qualify my luck might be in tonight !!!

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:04 - Nov 14 with 3481 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:01 - Nov 14 by paulparker

Living with a mad mental Irish woman for the last god knows how many years I have followed the boys in green quite a bit , and this is the worst squad ive ever seen the pool is very dry
Yes its not pretty but the lads who pull on that shirt would throw themselves under a bus for him and its not even 2 years ago that they beat the Germans , the only game I think O'Neil got it wrong was Serbia at home where he hoofed it to much and ran out of ideas , I do agree that at times they don't get it wide enough but O'Neil is the master at up setting the odds you may be bored Bri but I love watching them ruffle a few feathers
its easy to have a go but they are doing what Scotland & wales couldn't despite them having bigger and better players to choose from

Fair enough. It's all down to taste and it is very subjective. I believe we have shown that we are capable of far more and I think there's a certain nervousness on O' Neill's part not to at least attempt it but I know many don't agree.

No doubting the spirit, though, as you say.

Best of luck tonight!!!

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:23 - Nov 14 with 3456 viewsBoston

Ireland Danmark match thread on 13:29 - Nov 14 by Monahoop

I have a feeling this game will be as tight or negative which ever way you perceived it, as the 1st leg. Whoever scores first will win. Hope it's Ireland, but by Christ, I hope they put on a better show than in Denmark. You really do need a large alcoholic intake to even begin to appreciate their 'siege of The Alamo' type defensive displays then another large intake later just to figure out how they didn't lose. Lighten up and entertain for a change for Christsakes!

This is not the game you pick to start entertaining.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:38 - Nov 14 with 3447 viewskensalriser

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:01 - Nov 14 by paulparker

Get her in the mood with this one.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:47 - Nov 14 with 3420 viewspaulparker

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:38 - Nov 14 by kensalriser

Get her in the mood with this one.

might not be the best thing, the last time I had any Pet shop boy involvement I sh1t my pants violently

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:53 - Nov 14 with 3414 viewskensalriser

That was the joke!

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:55 - Nov 14 with 3410 viewspaulparker

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:53 - Nov 14 by kensalriser

That was the joke!

god bless your memory Kensal
no we have gone off the PSB we never mention that incident ever in our house hold

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:59 - Nov 14 with 3406 viewskensalriser

Ireland Danmark match thread on 15:55 - Nov 14 by paulparker

god bless your memory Kensal
no we have gone off the PSB we never mention that incident ever in our house hold

Silver linings and all that, though that was fairly extreme measures to musically re-educate your missus.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024