Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBE Awards 12:39 - Nov 29 with 5091 viewskingsburyR

Now there isn't a racist bone in my body but how can it be justified to have awards such as the BBE Awards and the MOBO's?

Doesn't that discriminate in reverse. What about the Asian and far eastern communities?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

BBE Awards on 12:48 - Nov 29 with 3444 viewsRangersDave

Don’t get me started on the gay games either.

I don’t give a crap if your gay, straight, black, white or any shade in between, disabled or able bodied. It matters not one jot to me.

Just get on with it. We don’t need reminding every 5 minutes, others who aren’t like you do know you know.
The more you point things out, the more I believe you separate yourself into a ‘group’

Your a human being, your just like me, or Disco, or Nothern, or PaulParker.

That’s not to say I don’t hate discrimination, I truly do, and for instance, the gay games, the mobo’s, the women of industry awards etc etc, is just another way of segregating sexes, colours and cultures and pointing out disabilities and intself is racism, sexism and any other ‘ism’.

Ducks for cover thinking I’m safe but bound to have upset someone.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

BBE Awards on 12:49 - Nov 29 with 3442 viewskingsburyR

BBE Awards on 12:48 - Nov 29 by RangersDave

I don’t give a crap if your gay, straight, black, white or any shade in between, disabled or able bodied. It matters not one jot to me.

Just get on with it. We don’t need reminding every 5 minutes, others who aren’t like you do know you know.
The more you point things out, the more I believe you separate yourself into a ‘group’

That’s not to say I don’t hate discrimination, I truly do, and for instance, the gay games, the mobo’s, the women of industry awards etc etc, is just another way of segregating sexes, colours and cultures and pointing out disabilities and intself is racism, sexism and any other ‘ism’.

The Disco Human line?????

BBE Awards on 12:51 - Nov 29 with 3436 viewstraininvain

Asian and white people have won MOBOS. MOBO stands for Music of Black Origin.
BBE Awards on 12:52 - Nov 29 with 3432 viewsNorthernr

Fck me, can we go back to slagging Holloway off please?
BBE Awards on 13:03 - Nov 29 with 3386 viewsLadbrokeR

BBE is a record label it's an abbreviation for barely breaking even.
BBE Awards on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 3357 viewskingsburyR

BBE Awards on 12:52 - Nov 29 by Northernr

Fck me, can we go back to slagging Holloway off please?

Ill start the music of cockney origin award and see how the press deal with that!

And I'm half Irish!

BBE Awards on 13:13 - Nov 29 with 3344 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry, who exactly is worse off because of these?

Never heard of the MOWOs being proposed or denied either. You should go for it.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 13:27]
BBE Awards on 13:16 - Nov 29 with 3330 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BBE Awards on 13:10 - Nov 29 by kingsburyR

Ill start the music of cockney origin award and see how the press deal with that!

And I'm half Irish!

Login to get fewer ads

BBE Awards on 13:26 - Nov 29 with 3292 viewsRBlock

FFS. You just know any thread that starts with "Now there isn't a racist bone in my body but..." is going to be a crock of shite.
BBE Awards on 13:30 - Nov 29 with 3276 viewskingsburyR

BBE Awards on 13:26 - Nov 29 by RBlock

FFS. You just know any thread that starts with "Now there isn't a racist bone in my body but..." is going to be a crock of shite.

Not keen on the french in all fairness!

BBE Awards on 13:37 - Nov 29 with 3247 viewsPommyhoop

The Kiwis know the score.

Another gold coming their way..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

BBE Awards on 15:00 - Nov 29 with 3137 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Try work it out from this perspective: this week we had the rainbow laces thing; now if you ask yourself why, that should help the penny drop!

If not, then an alternative question might be:why does the PFA have an award for young player of the year?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

BBE Awards on 15:50 - Nov 29 with 3062 viewskensalriser

Young people. How dare they?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BBE Awards on 16:30 - Nov 29 with 3035 viewsWokingR

BBE Awards on 12:48 - Nov 29 by RangersDave

I'm not sure anyone is like Disco
BBE Awards on 16:42 - Nov 29 with 3014 views1MoreBrightonR

:On the Gay Times point...it's a magazine that reports on issues or news related to the gay community and its on a shop shelf along with hundreds of other magazines, so not sure why it's shoved in anyone's face more than any other magazine...and we have magazines aimed at men, aimed at women, aimed at children, aimed at asians etc so why not people who are gay?

and just to reiterate, while i dont quite get the need for mobos, people of all colours can and have won them.
BBE Awards on 17:10 - Nov 29 with 2968 viewsAshdown_Ranger

'kin 'ell, then there's the Oscars which discriminate against non-actors, the Great British Bake Off which shows absolutely no consideration for mechanics - and don't even THINK about entering Crufts unless you've got a glossy coat, a wet nose and four legs...
BBE Awards on 17:59 - Nov 29 with 2883 viewscolinallcars

Nobody has mentioned that music of black origin, once so wonderful, is now utter garbage.
BBE Awards on 18:23 - Nov 29 with 2839 viewsrobith

BBE Awards on 18:47 - Nov 29 with 2793 viewsMrSheen

Don't give a monkey's as long as I don't have to watch it. Can't bear awards shows.
BBE Awards on 18:58 - Nov 29 with 2776 viewssmegma

This subject has appeared on here every year for the past 10 YEARS. And you always get at least one person who says 'I'm not a racist, but'......
BBE Awards on 22:45 - Nov 29 with 2636 viewsMoonshineSteve

I get that it can be hard for those of us who haven't had to grow up facing the basic assumptions that black, female, gay or other non "standard" Britons face to understand. But it isn't supposed to be divisive, it's supposed to be a celebration of the contribution of those beyond the mainstream to the lives of all of us. It's something we should all be proud of and enjoy. There's really nothing to be scared of or angry about.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

BBE Awards on 01:08 - Nov 30 with 2538 viewstimcocking

Without question. Absolute racism pure and simple. Disgusting double standards, as is the norm.

All this black awards this, rainbow laces that. Bollox. Just treat people as people, not gay people or black people.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 1:12]
BBE Awards on 01:16 - Nov 30 with 2524 viewsBoston

I'm an equal opportunity hater...hate everyone and everything. Reduces the need for complicated decisions.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

BBE Awards on 01:18 - Nov 30 with 2524 viewsPlanetHonneywood

BBE Awards on 18:47 - Nov 29 by MrSheen

Don't give a monkey's as long as I don't have to watch it. Can't bear awards shows.

I’d go a little deeper and suggest it’s not the recognition a piece of brilliance might warrant that’s the problem; the sycophancy is a given, but it’s the tendency of the winners’ acceptance speeches to be utterly cringe worthy.

But yes, when the awards ceremony becomes the main event, then I stand with you in the trenches on this one.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

BBE Awards on 01:54 - Nov 30 with 2507 viewsBoston

BBE Awards on 01:18 - Nov 30 by PlanetHonneywood

I’d go a little deeper and suggest it’s not the recognition a piece of brilliance might warrant that’s the problem; the sycophancy is a given, but it’s the tendency of the winners’ acceptance speeches to be utterly cringe worthy.

But yes, when the awards ceremony becomes the main event, then I stand with you in the trenches on this one.

The French had award winning trenches y'know, think the Germans got up early and put some towels over them...something like that anyway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024