Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
it only happens in football 00:30 - Jan 4 with 5836 viewsbob566

Terrible carry-on
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/03/dean-shiels

Add to that the crap Jake Livermore got from the west ham fans and Jamie vardys missus. Football fans take it too far.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 0:33]
it only happens in football on 09:21 - Jan 4 with 4747 viewsaston_hoop

Not only in football? this is because human beings are dickheads, not football fans specifically.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-42165978

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

it only happens in football on 09:27 - Jan 4 with 4723 viewstoboboly

it only happens in football on 09:21 - Jan 4 by aston_hoop

Not only in football? this is because human beings are dickheads, not football fans specifically.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-42165978

I went to England v Samoa for the last autumn international and have noticed that there is more of a "football" vibe entering rugby now.

Big group of lads, arsholed before they even get to the game, drinking loads during the game and generally acting like cnts. Seems to be the last few years this has crept in rather than just having a beer and enjoying the sport.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

it only happens in football on 11:27 - Jan 4 with 4605 viewsBrightonhoop

You can add Cricket to that. Took my boy to Sussex v Surrey 20/20 and was shocked how many pished parents encouraged their off spring to attack Surreys mascot. Carnage I tell thee. No real fisticuffs but more drunk folks than sober ones.
Livermore didn't deserve that though and he shouldn't be charged.
it only happens in football on 13:34 - Jan 4 with 4469 viewsJuzzie

I live near Twickenham rugby ground and whilst the vast majority are well spirited and behaved, there's noticeably a growing tendency for groups of mis-bahaved pissheads, as toboboly has mentioned.

My girlfriend noticed this too as she'd pass through Twickenham station on her way home from work.

It's becoming more than jolly rugger japes and I'm wondering when it'll get the same media attention as if it were a football match? Will probably take longer as we can't be having the image of decent rugger fans tarnished now can we, lets still lump it onto footie fans and still treat them likes animals whilst coming back from Millwall.

But yes, it's mainly people, and alcohol, that's the problem.
it only happens in football on 13:44 - Jan 4 with 4446 viewsbosh67

We are a sick species in general. A number of years ago I had an operation and I was on crutches in the street. On the same day two people threw cans of drink at me and another beckoned me over the road form their car and then laughed as they tried to run me over. I ended up lying on the kerb.

Human beings - in general f*cked up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

it only happens in football on 13:49 - Jan 4 with 4434 viewsJuzzie

it only happens in football on 13:44 - Jan 4 by bosh67

We are a sick species in general. A number of years ago I had an operation and I was on crutches in the street. On the same day two people threw cans of drink at me and another beckoned me over the road form their car and then laughed as they tried to run me over. I ended up lying on the kerb.

When you have the President of the USA with no sense of professionalism and acting like a playground bully with someone else of questionable sanity, you just know we're a fked species.
it only happens in football on 13:51 - Jan 4 with 4423 viewstoboboly

it only happens in football on 13:34 - Jan 4 by Juzzie

I live near Twickenham rugby ground and whilst the vast majority are well spirited and behaved, there's noticeably a growing tendency for groups of mis-bahaved pissheads, as toboboly has mentioned.

My girlfriend noticed this too as she'd pass through Twickenham station on her way home from work.

It's becoming more than jolly rugger japes and I'm wondering when it'll get the same media attention as if it were a football match? Will probably take longer as we can't be having the image of decent rugger fans tarnished now can we, lets still lump it onto footie fans and still treat them likes animals whilst coming back from Millwall.

But yes, it's mainly people, and alcohol, that's the problem.

It isn't the alcohol. If you are a cnt you will be a cnt whether you drink or not, alcohol just makes them louder.

https://movieweb.com/call-of-duty-swatting-prank-man-arrested-death/

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

it only happens in football on 14:11 - Jan 4 with 4390 viewsNorthernr

Whole country is becoming a much more unpleasant place to live. This has been really noticeable, in my opinion, over the last three or four years.

We're wilfully being stupider, more aggressive, more selfish, more demanding and less compassionate. Intelligence is mocked, science and facts are derided, other points of view are attacked rather than listened to and considered, zero respect is shown to other people. All of it often dressed up as "telling it like it is".

You see it everywhere. At the football, at the rugby, at the darts, on the internet, on the train, on the tube, in the streets, in the pub, in the queue for a fcking sandwich. The whole country is on "fck you" autopilot.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

it only happens in football on 14:23 - Jan 4 with 4361 viewsTripleR

It could be due to the anonymity that comes with posting nasty troll-like rubbish online, the Stupid blur the lines of reality and sometimes don't realise they're in the real world.
it only happens in football on 14:39 - Jan 4 with 4329 viewsPinnerPaul

This is vile as well

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5233169/West-Brom-confirm-Live
it only happens in football on 21:10 - Jan 4 with 4147 viewsGloryHunter

I'm so impressed that Dean Shiels is playing professional football with monocular vision - I didn't know about it. Remember England's World Cup winning keeper Gordon Banks had to retire after losing an eye. I'm semi-monocular myself after a detached retina heading the ball, and I know how difficult it is. Good luck to the guy - he has overcome a real handicap.
it only happens in football on 21:27 - Jan 4 with 4101 viewsdistortR

it only happens in football on 14:11 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Whole country is becoming a much more unpleasant place to live. This has been really noticeable, in my opinion, over the last three or four years.

We're wilfully being stupider, more aggressive, more selfish, more demanding and less compassionate. Intelligence is mocked, science and facts are derided, other points of view are attacked rather than listened to and considered, zero respect is shown to other people. All of it often dressed up as "telling it like it is".

You see it everywhere. At the football, at the rugby, at the darts, on the internet, on the train, on the tube, in the streets, in the pub, in the queue for a fcking sandwich. The whole country is on "fck you" autopilot.

it only happens in football on 21:40 - Jan 4 with 4075 viewsBrightonhoop

Bloody 'ell Bosh.
it only happens in football on 23:08 - Jan 4 with 3992 viewsHadders

Obviously you see crappy behaviour elsewhere, yet if I think about the most disgusting behaviour I've witnessed over the years, it's mostly been at football. Hundreds or even thousands of people yelling "W@nker!" over and over again at some guy just trying to do his job, for example, never mind the banana-thowing, monkey chants and songs about gassing Jews so common when I was a teenager. When I think about the 1982 FA Cup, for example, Clive Allen's goals in the quarter and semi-finals stand out as moments of wild joy, but I also remember the banana thrown from our stand at Cyril Regis at Highbury (or did I make that up?) and the loud chants of "Yiddo" at Wembley, and feel slightly ashamed.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 23:17]
it only happens in football on 23:21 - Jan 4 with 3966 viewsPunteR

Agree with the op its a football thing .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

it only happens in football on 00:03 - Jan 5 with 3920 viewsPunteR

its been like it for years, its just expectation levels of other people has risen.

it only happens in football on 00:34 - Jan 5 with 3900 viewskensalriser

Not just individuals, it's on a corporate level too. Obvious examples like Ryanair that treat customers with almost open contempt, but many others that have a fck you attitude to service right down to the passive aggressive strategy of making sure only the most determined can get through on the phone.

We do it here too when we fail to respect differing opinions with good grace.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

it only happens in football on 01:37 - Jan 5 with 3874 viewsPunteR

it only happens in football on 00:34 - Jan 5 by kensalriser

Not just individuals, it's on a corporate level too. Obvious examples like Ryanair that treat customers with almost open contempt, but many others that have a fck you attitude to service right down to the passive aggressive strategy of making sure only the most determined can get through on the phone.

We do it here too when we fail to respect differing opinions with good grace.

We're communicating with each other differently though.
Twenty years ago me and you probably wouldn't be having this conversation and if we were then it would be face to face .

it only happens in football on 07:32 - Jan 5 with 3738 viewsTonto

The way we communicate these days exasperates the problem. Debates (and Presidential proclamations) are made in 140 characters (or whatever the new number is) meaning that nuance is omitted. Everything is either great or sh1t there are no shades in between.

In addition because the gave to face element is missing people are emboldened because they are basking something out in a keyboard without a care for the other person. I work for a Council and it is quite common for emails to contain phrases like “what idiot did this” or “I pay your wages so do what I say”. The sort of throng no one would say to my face.

The world has changed a lot but it hasn’t matured. And yes humans are f***wits

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

it only happens in football on 07:48 - Jan 5 with 3716 viewsdistortR

it only happens in football on 07:32 - Jan 5 by Tonto

The way we communicate these days exasperates the problem. Debates (and Presidential proclamations) are made in 140 characters (or whatever the new number is) meaning that nuance is omitted. Everything is either great or sh1t there are no shades in between.

In addition because the gave to face element is missing people are emboldened because they are basking something out in a keyboard without a care for the other person. I work for a Council and it is quite common for emails to contain phrases like “what idiot did this” or “I pay your wages so do what I say”. The sort of throng no one would say to my face.

The world has changed a lot but it hasn’t matured. And yes humans are f***wits

so, let me get this right,

'prinks' are pre-drinks

'throng' is a thing that is wrong?

In louis Theroux's (Excellent) recent mini-series about the dark under-belly of America, one of the episodes was about the spiraling murder rate in one of the cities and one of the causes cited was slights on social media - and what happens when the people slagging each other from afar actually cross paths.
it only happens in football on 07:56 - Jan 5 with 3712 viewsDorse

Epic bantz, innit.

I find it hard to express the level of kuntitude to which they have descended. Thank G-d you weren't hurt.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

it only happens in football on 10:01 - Jan 5 with 3664 viewsMrSheen

I was inclined to put it down to "you're all getting old". but as someone my age told me "You're going to fckng die" on the tube today because I sat down where he wanted to, I might change my mind. We can all be part of the problem or part of the solution, i.e. being polite and respectful to people you don't know or don't agree with, or imagining that our own anger is righteous even if everyone else is a Knut, w*nkst**n, etc.
it only happens in football on 10:08 - Jan 5 with 3655 viewsDorse

it only happens in football on 10:01 - Jan 5 by MrSheen

I was inclined to put it down to "you're all getting old". but as someone my age told me "You're going to fckng die" on the tube today because I sat down where he wanted to, I might change my mind. We can all be part of the problem or part of the solution, i.e. being polite and respectful to people you don't know or don't agree with, or imagining that our own anger is righteous even if everyone else is a Knut, w*nkst**n, etc.

Don't forget fcuktards and cock-juggling thundercunce.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

it only happens in football on 18:13 - Jan 5 with 3554 viewskensalriser

it only happens in football on 10:01 - Jan 5 by MrSheen

Bloody hell!

Still, let's not pretend that much worse (ie violence) hasn't always existed.

Reminds of the workmate of a girlfriend I was with in the late 80s. Nice bloke, totally not an arsehole of any kind. When I met him I formed the opinion that he had some kind of disability, possibly cerebral palsy, as his face was lopsided, his speech slurred and he spoke out of one side of his mouth. Turned out that his condition was actually the long term result of a completely random severe assault and beating on the tube by persons unknown. Even though I had spent quite a lot of my teenage gig-going years in the late 70s/early 80s dodging mindless violence, what happened to this guy really shocked me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

it only happens in football on 18:21 - Jan 5 with 3540 viewsAntti_Heinola

fk off, what do you know? you'll be quoting 'experts'next.

I remember the whole 'telling it like it is' thing became popular as a sort of Big Brother thing - you'd get contestants saying, 'I tell it how it is, i speak my mind' and people cheered. And I just thought: 'Surely *NOT* just saying every thing that comes into your head is a sign of some sort of civilisation? Of having an ability to *NOT* actually loudly judge people the whole time and say what you want, regardless of the offence it might cause. In short, maybe if people shut the fk up a bit, maybe we'd all be a bit happier.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024