Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... 11:07 - Jan 7 with 2179 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:11 - Jan 7 with 2164 viewsPunteR

Are we talking about money or luck?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:13 - Jan 7 with 2155 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:11 - Jan 7 by PunteR

Are we talking about money or luck?

Success I guess.
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:15 - Jan 7 with 2141 viewsPunteR

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:13 - Jan 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Success I guess.

I think its a combination of all 3.

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:20 - Jan 7 with 2124 viewsPunteR

Having said that i cant think of a successful team that had bad owners. Although would we want the Glaziers from Man u?

No idea tbh. I just know TF hasnt been very good. Or our managers. Or players..
Nope im gonna stick with my first answer. A combination of all 3.
Thats not on your poll chart though is it?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 11:26]

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:27 - Jan 7 with 2106 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:20 - Jan 7 by PunteR

Having said that i cant think of a successful team that had bad owners. Although would we want the Glaziers from Man u?

No idea tbh. I just know TF hasnt been very good. Or our managers. Or players..
Nope im gonna stick with my first answer. A combination of all 3.
Thats not on your poll chart though is it?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 11:26]

Watford the exception.

They followed the QPR method to the letter, but have come out smelling of roses. Eventually.
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:28 - Jan 7 with 2098 viewsPunteR

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:27 - Jan 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Watford the exception.

They followed the QPR method to the letter, but have come out smelling of roses. Eventually.

But the Watford owners stuck to a plan. Ours go from one extreme to another.

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:31 - Jan 7 with 2086 viewsRs_Holy

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:28 - Jan 7 by PunteR

we are where we are because of mistakes by the owners.
Having said that I like the direction the club is now going in! We just have to keep our nerve and see it through!
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:35 - Jan 7 with 2074 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:31 - Jan 7 by Rs_Holy

we are where we are because of mistakes by the owners.
Having said that I like the direction the club is now going in! We just have to keep our nerve and see it through!

Yeah apart from the actual football bit, I couldn't be happier!

Just the training / stadium issues to be ironed out and the off field stuff will be perfect.
Login to get fewer ads

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:39 - Jan 7 with 2062 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

They have been through almost as many managers than us, and tethered themselves to a weird (and maybe illegal) team sharing scheme with Udinese.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 11:40]
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:39 - Jan 7 with 2061 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yeah, but they stuck with the plan until they proved to everyone it was no good. They gave three managers the chequebook and all of them went out and spunked it on expensive wasters.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:45 - Jan 7 with 2044 viewsPunteR

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:35 - Jan 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah apart from the actual football bit, I couldn't be happier!

Just the training / stadium issues to be ironed out and the off field stuff will be perfect.

The actual football bit is down to the fact our players are not that good(yet?). Playing L1 and QPR youth with a view to improving them and increasing their value sounds idealistic but the reality is we're gonna lose a shed load of football matches while we continue this latest QPR trend.

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 12:34 - Jan 7 with 1981 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 11:45 - Jan 7 by PunteR

The actual football bit is down to the fact our players are not that good(yet?). Playing L1 and QPR youth with a view to improving them and increasing their value sounds idealistic but the reality is we're gonna lose a shed load of football matches while we continue this latest QPR trend.

Exactly.

As I've said before, our job is to be patient and not lay it on too thick.
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 13:31 - Jan 7 with 1912 viewsPunteR

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 12:34 - Jan 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Exactly.

As I've said before, our job is to be patient and not lay it on too thick.

And not forgetting we went down the big spending route and lost a shed load of football matches that way as well.

I think part of the problem we have at the moment is as a club we have no definitive goaĺ. Whereas before 2010/11 season are main goal was to get back to the premier league.I think half the fan base dont even want to go back there which is understandable. But surely that has to be our ultimate goal. To be a stablized club in the top league?
Our owners dont seem to be steering our club in any direction and just seem to be going with the flow. Hoos is the exception as he seems to have a clear direction of where he needs to take the club which is to be financially sound but wheres the fun in that for the fans.? Ask Arsenal supporters.
Problem with TF is his intentions seem to be good but his judgement, timing and decision making is poor. For example appointing Ramsey, consolidation was the buzz word and remit than coming out with "promotion is everything" or words to that effect. Its stupid. Or start talking about 40k stadiums when we're not even safe in the prem(or a site to build on) again stupid and raises expectations.
We're not far away from hitting rock bottom again so the only way is up. I just hope our owners know what they are doing to steer us back up.
So in conclusion to my ramble i think the club fortunes are down to 50% owners , 20% managers and coaches and 20% players , 5 % the fans and 5% jude the cat.

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 14:05 - Jan 7 with 1880 viewsisawqpratwcity

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 13:31 - Jan 7 by PunteR

And not forgetting we went down the big spending route and lost a shed load of football matches that way as well.

I think part of the problem we have at the moment is as a club we have no definitive goaĺ. Whereas before 2010/11 season are main goal was to get back to the premier league.I think half the fan base dont even want to go back there which is understandable. But surely that has to be our ultimate goal. To be a stablized club in the top league?
Our owners dont seem to be steering our club in any direction and just seem to be going with the flow. Hoos is the exception as he seems to have a clear direction of where he needs to take the club which is to be financially sound but wheres the fun in that for the fans.? Ask Arsenal supporters.
Problem with TF is his intentions seem to be good but his judgement, timing and decision making is poor. For example appointing Ramsey, consolidation was the buzz word and remit than coming out with "promotion is everything" or words to that effect. Its stupid. Or start talking about 40k stadiums when we're not even safe in the prem(or a site to build on) again stupid and raises expectations.
We're not far away from hitting rock bottom again so the only way is up. I just hope our owners know what they are doing to steer us back up.
So in conclusion to my ramble i think the club fortunes are down to 50% owners , 20% managers and coaches and 20% players , 5 % the fans and 5% jude the cat.

I think the club has two very distinct goals. Get FFP under control and don't get relegated while doing it.

After that is done we can all talk about improvement leading to a Shangri-La of Premiership and Cup glories.

And I think this all comes from the owners. When Tony told C*ntknapp that there were going to be no transfers in in January 2015, he was saying that throwing money at the problem wasn't working so it was going to stop. Ramsay was a steward manager through the inevitable relegation but made permanent after not making a complete bollox of the remainder of that Premier season. The cost cutting and DoF appointment were immediate changes and Hoos was the later confirmation of a strict financial rigour.

Fernandes goes wildly, stupidly off script sometimes, but the lean regime started with him and has been pretty much a constant since.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 14:12 - Jan 7 with 1856 viewsBrianMcCarthy

While we can't do anything about investment, we as fans set the tone for the behaviour, morals, attitude, positivity and tone at a club. That has a major impact on performances, therefore results, therefore success, therefore further investment.

It's not all down to us but we play a big part, so club fortunes are down to us as well. We can't shirk our responsibilities.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 15:12 - Jan 7 with 1795 viewsRs_Holy

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 14:12 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

While we can't do anything about investment, we as fans set the tone for the behaviour, morals, attitude, positivity and tone at a club. That has a major impact on performances, therefore results, therefore success, therefore further investment.

It's not all down to us but we play a big part, so club fortunes are down to us as well. We can't shirk our responsibilities.

Spot on! I think the majority of fans do get it and as time goes by that percentage will increase.
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 15:34 - Jan 7 with 1768 viewsTGRRRSSS

Losing FFP has probably stalled things to a degree until thats finally resolved whatever the outcome is.

If this relates to yesterdays loss, well QPR simply don't do Cup games and am amazed any QPR fans went to the game yesterday quite honestly.
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 16:23 - Jan 7 with 1703 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 14:12 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

This.

You can support the club while dissenting or having an opinion though, but its the angry 'get rid' abusive stuff that I don't think is useful or helpful.
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 16:35 - Jan 7 with 1685 viewsgobbles

We are where we are because we are a club with limited fanbase in a crowded marketplace that believes it should be punching above its weight.
Big clubs can take big financial risks in the knowledge that if things go tits up, there will still be a big fanbase to back it up. QPR never had that.
When we were successful in the Seventies, Eighties and Nineties, it was on tight budgets, but the world has changed since Bosman, the Premier League and the introduction of agents.
Is there anyone on this messageboard who didn't want a rich owner to start buying players that excited everyone? Obviously, in hindsight, there were a lot of mistakes made. But, really, why do QPR has some divine right to be better than Leeds or Sunderland or Nottingham Forest or Charlton or Brentford?
And blaming everything on Fernandes is just a joke. Here was someone who found £150 million to spend on your hobby. And when it all went wrong, he didn't just run away like Chris Wright and employ someone to get his money back.
There hasn't been a hero QPR owner since Jim Gregory. Bulstrode died, The Thompsons were hated, Chris Wright was greeted as a hero until things went wrong, then we had Paladini and Briatore.
Supporting QPR is like this. That's why we don't just support Man U and Arsenal.
Obviously it would be great if everyone wanted to play for us, that we could pick every young talent up in the country on the cheap from lower league clubs before they reached their true value and they all worked out as fantastic signings, but that is not reality.
Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 17:22 - Jan 7 with 1623 views2Thomas2Bowles

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 16:35 - Jan 7 by gobbles

We are where we are because we are a club with limited fanbase in a crowded marketplace that believes it should be punching above its weight.
Big clubs can take big financial risks in the knowledge that if things go tits up, there will still be a big fanbase to back it up. QPR never had that.
When we were successful in the Seventies, Eighties and Nineties, it was on tight budgets, but the world has changed since Bosman, the Premier League and the introduction of agents.
Is there anyone on this messageboard who didn't want a rich owner to start buying players that excited everyone? Obviously, in hindsight, there were a lot of mistakes made. But, really, why do QPR has some divine right to be better than Leeds or Sunderland or Nottingham Forest or Charlton or Brentford?
And blaming everything on Fernandes is just a joke. Here was someone who found £150 million to spend on your hobby. And when it all went wrong, he didn't just run away like Chris Wright and employ someone to get his money back.
There hasn't been a hero QPR owner since Jim Gregory. Bulstrode died, The Thompsons were hated, Chris Wright was greeted as a hero until things went wrong, then we had Paladini and Briatore.
Supporting QPR is like this. That's why we don't just support Man U and Arsenal.
Obviously it would be great if everyone wanted to play for us, that we could pick every young talent up in the country on the cheap from lower league clubs before they reached their true value and they all worked out as fantastic signings, but that is not reality.

It's rather strange that there are fans that may have been fans for many years or just a few years that have no real idea as Ingham has said on another thread have forgotten or just don't understand what QPR really is. you have summed it up well.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 18:26 - Jan 7 with 1519 viewsTheBlob

The Curse.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 22:10 - Jan 7 with 1374 viewsPunteR

Club Fortunes are Mostly Down to... on 16:35 - Jan 7 by gobbles

So the clubs fortunes are mostly down to...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024