Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Messiahs 11:42 - Mar 12 with 4810 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

That never got there...

QPR Messiahs on 12:10 - Mar 12 with 3313 viewscolinallcars

Tommy Langley
QPR Messiahs on 12:14 - Mar 12 with 3295 viewsGloucs_R

Ledesma

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR Messiahs on 12:16 - Mar 12 with 3287 views00calben

Leon Jeanne No.1 for me by a mile. Remember when he first broke in like it was yesterday. Incredible little player.

I also predicted (at various stages) Lee Camp, Matt Connolly and Martin Crainie would be capped for England. Would be interesting to see how Connolly's career would have gone had he not joined a mad house with a new manager and new position every five minutes. Looking at the likes of Mee, Tarkowski and Keane at Burnley - I'm not sure any of them were better than Connolly - had he joined a Burnley-type club under a Sean Dyche-type manager he may well have got that cap.

When Crainie joined on loan I though he was absolutely different class - that serious injury he suffered during a midweek game (can't remember who against) really set him back
QPR Messiahs on 12:16 - Mar 12 with 3286 viewsngbqpr

Scott Donnelly.

Dean Neal.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

QPR Messiahs on 12:23 - Mar 12 with 3260 viewsTacticalR

'El Pirata'. Very few miracles provided.

Air hostess clique

QPR Messiahs on 12:37 - Mar 12 with 3234 viewsGloucs_R

QPR Messiahs on 12:16 - Mar 12 by 00calben

Leon Jeanne No.1 for me by a mile. Remember when he first broke in like it was yesterday. Incredible little player.

I also predicted (at various stages) Lee Camp, Matt Connolly and Martin Crainie would be capped for England. Would be interesting to see how Connolly's career would have gone had he not joined a mad house with a new manager and new position every five minutes. Looking at the likes of Mee, Tarkowski and Keane at Burnley - I'm not sure any of them were better than Connolly - had he joined a Burnley-type club under a Sean Dyche-type manager he may well have got that cap.

When Crainie joined on loan I though he was absolutely different class - that serious injury he suffered during a midweek game (can't remember who against) really set him back

Jeanne is / was serving a substantial prison sentence for selling drugs in Gloucester.

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR Messiahs on 12:42 - Mar 12 with 3224 viewsMrSheen

Richard Langley (sob). Best technique I’ve seen in one of our players. Robbed of his future by injury.
Pat Kanyuka and Stefan Bailey both looked real prospects as teenagers, but it never happened for them.
Ray Jones, of course.
QPR Messiahs on 12:42 - Mar 12 with 3223 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Messiahs on 12:16 - Mar 12 by 00calben

I first had doubts over Matt Connolly when he puked up on the centre circle v Forest because of the pressure on him.

Otherwise was and is a decent player.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Messiahs on 12:42 - Mar 12 with 3223 viewsLongsufferingR

Quashie
QPR Messiahs on 12:44 - Mar 12 with 3213 viewsessextaxiboy

Nick Ward
QPR Messiahs on 12:49 - Mar 12 with 3193 viewsCamberleyR

Mark Hateley

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR Messiahs on 12:49 - Mar 12 with 3193 viewsBoston

‘alf of ‘em.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Messiahs on 14:25 - Mar 12 with 3095 viewsPeterHucker

as already mentioned Richard Langley. The best player I've ever seen for us at youth level. Really thought he was going to be with us for a few years, then get a multi million pound transfer to captain a Premiership club.
Still believe that might've happened were it not for injuries and his occasional tendency to retaliate to provocation.

Other obvious one is Adel Taraabt. The most technically talented player I've seen for us. If he wasn't such a wally, he'd be a regular in a Champions League team by now.
QPR Messiahs on 14:49 - Mar 12 with 3048 viewspaulparker

Granero
Zarate
Paul Wright was slowly getting there
Mark Stein as above
Mark Kennedy should have signed for us instead of Wolves

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR Messiahs on 15:13 - Mar 12 with 3018 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Jimmy Carter (no not the President you idiot!)

Gordon Hill

Mike Sheron

John Spencer

Tommy Doherty

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR Messiahs on 15:26 - Mar 12 with 2996 viewsaston_hoop

The first time I saw Angelo Balanta, I thought he was all that. Turns out he wasn't.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR Messiahs on 15:47 - Mar 12 with 2957 viewsbosh67

QPR Messiahs on 15:26 - Mar 12 by aston_hoop

The first time I saw Angelo Balanta, I thought he was all that. Turns out he wasn't.

Yes agree on Balanta. Saw him play a few junior games and he was on another planet. Incredible feet. First few games he played for the first team he looked superb and then he just faded away.

Eze reminds me a bit of his talent but I think Eze may well have a better temperament than Balanta and Adel so fingers crossed.

The other one that people laugh about is Stuart Wardley who gets pelters and while he was no messiah he was a removals man we bought for £15k who played the Scowen role and managed to score 14 goals in 87 games. Better than our current crop yet he gets little recognition. People forget that the reason he got loaned out was a bad knee injury that got much worse when he left.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR Messiahs on 15:52 - Mar 12 with 2943 viewsEsox_Lucius

Andy Impey, an England U23 cap was his highest reward.

The grass is always greener.

QPR Messiahs on 16:16 - Mar 12 with 2895 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Bruno Perone
QPR Messiahs on 16:20 - Mar 12 with 2882 viewsJamesB1979

Samba Diakite.....though still love the mad lad
QPR Messiahs on 16:45 - Mar 12 with 2823 viewsTacticalR

Does anyone know of a new messiah? I think I've got over my disillusionment with the last one and I'm ready to follow a new one.

Air hostess clique

QPR Messiahs on 17:16 - Mar 12 with 2778 viewsngbqpr

QPR Messiahs on 12:42 - Mar 12 by MrSheen

Richard Langley (sob). Best technique I’ve seen in one of our players. Robbed of his future by injury.
Pat Kanyuka and Stefan Bailey both looked real prospects as teenagers, but it never happened for them.
Ray Jones, of course.

Good shout. Somewhere there's a showreel knocking around of his best Rs goals. Some stunners.

For all that Adel should've played at a much higher level and blew it, at least in terms of QPR he had his messiah moment by leading us back to what we thought was the promised land.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

QPR Messiahs on 17:17 - Mar 12 with 2777 viewslongbottom

John O'Rourke. A big disappointment.
QPR Messiahs on 17:25 - Mar 12 with 2758 viewsDevonWhite

I was convinced Dominic Shimmin and Pat Kanyuka were going to be world class.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:25]
QPR Messiahs on 17:37 - Mar 12 with 2727 viewstheQPRking

I thought Eduardo Vargas was going to be quality for us.... :-(
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024