Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panini stickers -World Cup 21:03 - Jul 6 with 7093 viewsstuabd

I used to collect them when I was a kid and spent most of my pocket money on them. I think they were 5p back then.

Anyway, my son got an album from his granddad plus some stickers and now he's hooked. I've noticed the album is a bit more extensive than I remember them. About the only thing there isn't a sticker for is the corner flag. Suffice to say you'd need to spend a fair bit to fill the current World Cup album.

I was just wondering whether these stickers historically go down in price as the tournament comes to an end. Some bulk buying at discount prices would be good.

Cheers,

Scrooge
Panini stickers -World Cup on 22:03 - Jul 6 with 5093 viewshamptonhillhoop

Get on eBay. You can buy in bulk or pick and choose which ones you want. Starting to go down in price now too
Panini stickers -World Cup on 22:38 - Jul 6 with 5061 viewsstowmarketrange

We have a whole stack of spares.Let me know which ones your after and I'll post them to you.We need less than 100 now so we've ordered them direct from panini.
Panini stickers -World Cup on 22:48 - Jul 6 with 5049 viewsloftboy

Slightly off topic but does anyone remember in the late 70's where instead of stickers they did an album of postcards which if I remember rightly was team photos of all the top European teams.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Panini stickers -World Cup on 05:23 - Jul 7 with 4989 viewsFredManRave

21st century panini sticker collecting; get them on ebay or email panini for the 100plus that you haven't got.

Fortunately for me I was bitten by the bug too late in the day this time around, I literally haven't spent a penny on them, though the Mrs has bought quite a few for the eldest. It's been great to see him get into football at last and it's actually fairly educational mathamaticaly and geographically speaking but what a way to spend alot of money on basically nothing, unless you do actually complete the album.

There are two people from work who are both needing just one more sticker to complete the album. No ebay, no emails, just old school buying and swapsies and I'm sure they're more into it than their kids they're doing it for.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 5:26]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Panini stickers -World Cup on 08:51 - Jul 7 with 4949 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Panini stickers -World Cup on 22:38 - Jul 6 by stowmarketrange

We have a whole stack of spares.Let me know which ones your after and I'll post them to you.We need less than 100 now so we've ordered them direct from panini.

I stil remember when my brother and I copped that we could write to Panini for stickers. It was like a ladder through the clouds to heaven.

Two weeks later we were the only two boys with completed albums. How we grinned slyly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Panini stickers -World Cup on 09:06 - Jul 7 with 4938 viewsDANRANGER

I'm collecting with my 5 year old and it has got him more interested in football. 50p a pack is shocking for 5 stickers so I'll check out eBay instead as still need half the book. Anyone noticed the super imposed England team without official kit. Typical England selling their rights to highest bidder. Only thing is topps who have England rights don't have the rest of the countries so their players are in mocked up kits!!!

Considering the amount of money the fa make the end product is embarrassing on the pitch.
Panini stickers -World Cup on 09:36 - Jul 7 with 4916 viewsHOOPNO7

I have completed the last 3 World Cup books with a view of giving them to my son when he is older. He is now interested in football so has been helping with this World Cup book. We are half way to completion. In the past I have used a website called 'Swap Stickers' for the last 2 World Cups & never had a problem.
Will hopefully do some swaps & then get the last ones direct from Panini.
Panini stickers -World Cup on 09:43 - Jul 7 with 4907 viewsdaveB

I'm collecting with my son and it's turned into an obsession, spent a fortune on it already
Login to get fewer ads

Panini stickers -World Cup on 10:07 - Jul 7 with 4890 viewsstowmarketrange

There was an article on the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 about 6-8 weeks ago,and they said that if there is a group of 10 people collecting together it'll cost about £50 to complete the book,but if you're doing it alone it will be over £400 on average to complete it.
Get swapping people and save money.
Panini stickers -World Cup on 10:15 - Jul 7 with 4876 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, we have been getting them but as it is now less than a hundred it is not worth buying pack any more. I think you can only order up to 50 from Panini though at 14p each. Will need to order from them under two different names probably.
Panini stickers -World Cup on 10:58 - Jul 7 with 4861 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Panini '86 made me follow Hearts as i like the badge. (bigger stickers then and the foil was different.)
It had a feature on Englishmen abroad. One was Luther Blisset and one was Venables. I think Wilkins was there too as he was at Milan.

World cup '86 one was good too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Panini stickers -World Cup on 12:21 - Jul 7 with 4832 viewsrobith

Panini stickers -World Cup on 09:06 - Jul 7 by DANRANGER

I'm collecting with my 5 year old and it has got him more interested in football. 50p a pack is shocking for 5 stickers so I'll check out eBay instead as still need half the book. Anyone noticed the super imposed England team without official kit. Typical England selling their rights to highest bidder. Only thing is topps who have England rights don't have the rest of the countries so their players are in mocked up kits!!!

Considering the amount of money the fa make the end product is embarrassing on the pitch.

Quite a few teams are superimposed. Some of the Russian ones look ridiculous
Panini stickers -World Cup on 12:37 - Jul 7 with 4812 viewspaulparker

Panini stickers -World Cup on 10:58 - Jul 7 by Metallica_Hoop

Panini '86 made me follow Hearts as i like the badge. (bigger stickers then and the foil was different.)
It had a feature on Englishmen abroad. One was Luther Blisset and one was Venables. I think Wilkins was there too as he was at Milan.

World cup '86 one was good too.

Panini 86 was my 1st time collecting stickers, every kid in the play ground always had a huge wad of them for swapsies, (like adolescent loadsamoney characters ) always needed Graham Fecking Sharp but every pack I got I always seemed to get Ossie Ardiles complete with Bushy Tache
the Foil Badges were worth 2 normal stickers and the Scottish players came in dual Pictures , Happy days,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Panini stickers -World Cup on 13:01 - Jul 7 with 4805 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Panini stickers -World Cup on 12:37 - Jul 7 by paulparker

Panini 86 was my 1st time collecting stickers, every kid in the play ground always had a huge wad of them for swapsies, (like adolescent loadsamoney characters ) always needed Graham Fecking Sharp but every pack I got I always seemed to get Ossie Ardiles complete with Bushy Tache
the Foil Badges were worth 2 normal stickers and the Scottish players came in dual Pictures , Happy days,

I had loads of Sharpe! Him and Tim Breaker and some bloke from West Ham Alvin Martin?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Panini stickers -World Cup on 13:02 - Jul 7 with 4803 viewsbaz_qpr

Got the Pannini but my boy and his mates have gone for the Match Attax instead as they can play top trumps with them
Panini stickers -World Cup on 13:25 - Jul 7 with 4773 viewsN12Hoop

Not World-Cup, but I remember collecting the club ones from the late 70’s and nicking someone’s Liverpool badge because they were so hard to come by. Not one of my proudest moments. I still have a box with all the club badges at home, Kilmarnock being a favourite.
They used to come 5 or 6 in a pack with a piece of bubble gum. Sometimes there was 1 short and if you wrote to Panini they would send you a handful of packs as compensation. It was like striking gold. Can’t wait for my son to be old enough so that I can get back into it.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Panini stickers -World Cup on 13:47 - Jul 7 with 4762 viewsMatch82

I've been doing the online one on the FIFA website. Not quite the same, but it is 100% free!
Panini stickers -World Cup on 17:49 - Jul 7 with 4723 viewsstuabd

Panini stickers -World Cup on 22:38 - Jul 6 by stowmarketrange

Thanks very much. I'll get him some more stickers and then see where we are. Cheers, much appreciated.
Panini stickers -World Cup on 11:11 - Mar 29 with 4137 viewsToast_R

Resurrecting this threa, Easter an all...

The Euro 2016 album came out last week. I actually finished the 2014 World Cup one having to pay £4 plus postage for the one very last sticker I managed to miss from my final sticker order to Panini. Major ball ache and to complete it and you end up spending quite alot of coinage to see it through, I was adamant I'd never bother doing another sticker album again.

Having said that.... I'm tempted with the Euro's one now. I can admit, I enjoyed collecting the world cup stickers it was fun during the build up to the tournament and I have a son now who will bequeath these albums in years to come and when he's a little older, we can obviously do the future tournament albums together.

Who's in?
Panini stickers -World Cup on 11:17 - Mar 29 with 4128 viewsLunarJetman

Its been mentioned above but ebay is probably the best place to go. I used to get a whole box for a reasonable price on there for my boy and now my daughter has collected in the same way.

I reasoned that if you bought a sealed box you'd get a wider range of the stickers available. Always seems to work for us and then you can top up at the end via Panini for the last few.
Panini stickers -World Cup on 11:41 - Mar 29 with 4101 viewsMick_S

I can still smell those stickers to this day! Have a look at this for a thing of beauty - I've got vague memories but cannot believe I missed these.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Panini stickers -World Cup on 18:32 - Mar 29 with 3996 viewsCamberleyR

The only Panini album I ever managed to complete as a kid nearly 40 years ago. It was good because on the England page there was the QPR team photo plus an individual one of Gerry as it featured teams and players that had qualified for Europe. Still got it at my Mum & Dad's house.

I noticed on ebay the other day that a completed one was selling for 90 quid.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Panini stickers -World Cup on 20:00 - Mar 29 with 3956 viewsBoston

Is there still time to sue my mother for a deprived childhood, not only was I not into this, I don't think I was even aware of it until now?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Panini stickers -World Cup on 22:50 - Mar 29 with 3886 viewsdaveB

Panini stickers -World Cup on 11:11 - Mar 29 by Toast_R

Resurrecting this threa, Easter an all...

The Euro 2016 album came out last week. I actually finished the 2014 World Cup one having to pay £4 plus postage for the one very last sticker I managed to miss from my final sticker order to Panini. Major ball ache and to complete it and you end up spending quite alot of coinage to see it through, I was adamant I'd never bother doing another sticker album again.

Having said that.... I'm tempted with the Euro's one now. I can admit, I enjoyed collecting the world cup stickers it was fun during the build up to the tournament and I have a son now who will bequeath these albums in years to come and when he's a little older, we can obviously do the future tournament albums together.

Who's in?

I finished the World Cup one as well, cost a fortune but my son loved it and going to do the same again this summer. He collects those Match Attack cards as well, or did last season anyway when QPR were in it
Panini stickers -World Cup on 09:17 - Apr 19 with 3761 viewsToast_R

Anyone doing the Euro 2016 one, I got loads to needs and swaps to trade. PM me if likewise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024