Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West end town lost in a North End world — Report 12:12 - Apr 15 with 2675 viewsNorthernr

Apologies Boston, nicked your headline x

West end town lost in a North End world — Report 15th Apr 2018 12:07
Preston continued their recent good record against QPR with a win at Loftus Road on Saturday after Ian Holloway, once again, made multiple changes to his team after a win. 22

West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 18:32 - Apr 15 with 2288 viewsSilverfoxqpr

"Rangers barely threatened and when they did finally force a corner nine minutes from time, they took the bastard thing short". That line just about sums up the 2nd half for me and had me out of my seat at the time, absolutely bonkers. We really don't help ourselves as you say. That 10 minutes or so playing long ball up to Manning who was clearly never going to win a header in a 101 years was equally maddening. I appreciate there's a seperate thread covering this but if it ain't broke etc, play your best available team and attempt to win the match please! Think I'm just very unlucky at the moment (last game was Reading away) where of course there had been previous tinkering. Spot on report Clive.
West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 19:36 - Apr 15 with 2223 viewsdaveB

I thought for the 2nd game in a row we were exposed out wide, the two wide players didn't track back too often so Bidwell was often left 2 on 1, thats how they got the equaliser as the full back pushed on with no one tracking him and had time to pick a cross out. If we're going to play a back 4 next season thats something that needs to be addressed either on the training ground or with a new signing.
West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 20:58 - Apr 15 with 2142 viewsNorthernr

West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 19:36 - Apr 15 by daveB

I thought for the 2nd game in a row we were exposed out wide, the two wide players didn't track back too often so Bidwell was often left 2 on 1, thats how they got the equaliser as the full back pushed on with no one tracking him and had time to pick a cross out. If we're going to play a back 4 next season thats something that needs to be addressed either on the training ground or with a new signing.

Agree. Kind of gets lost among the "told you we should play a back four" rhetoric. As does Freeman's decline.
West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 21:36 - Apr 15 with 2091 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 20:58 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Agree. Kind of gets lost among the "told you we should play a back four" rhetoric. As does Freeman's decline.

I wonder if Freeman is starting to believe all of his own press. Recently he overplays everything and slows the play down. Earlier this season I simply couldn’t understand how he wasn’t being played every week by Bristol City - but it does start to make some sense now.

Still a big fan of his however - he just needs to be told to play it simple sometimes!!
West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 09:49 - Apr 16 with 1751 viewsdaveB

West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 20:58 - Apr 15 by Northernr

That was a bigger factor in the defeat to me than all the changes. Saying i made too many changes is just a smokescreen and plays to the gallery.

Far bigger problems was picking a small team against a team of giants great at set pieces and then making the team even smaller with every change which ended with us losing to a set piece. Every corner or long throw we had was wasted as we never won a header hence the daft short corners at the end. Also lack of protection for the full backs leaving us easy to play around. Holloway probably didn't want to highlight problems like that so just went with yeah i'm an idiot I made too many changes line.
West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 18:10 - Apr 16 with 1489 viewsPinnerPaul

West end town lost in a North End world — Report on 19:36 - Apr 15 by daveB

Luong absolutely tore into Eze 2nd half, when he didn't win a challenge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024