Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Ground for leg room and access? 11:25 - Jun 18 with 2026 viewsRangersDave

Having had the utter boll ocks of a missfortune to see the Stones and Billy Joel recently at Old Trafford (the theatre of broken knees), i was wondering if , and yes we know LR isnt great, any of you know of worse grounds for access, both in and out ofthe ground, and seat leg room?

i had a pair of tickets for both events seated in the 'SIr Alex Ferguson' stand secodn tier.
the stones tickets were in plastic seats, whereas Billy Joel were in nice padded seat and seat backs.

let me say this, the lady in front could use my knees and lower thighs as arm rests they were so tightly packed. how a ground gets away with that in this day and age is a mystery. Man spreading was induced involuntarily.

Then after 2 great gigs, being 5 levels up, it took nearly 10 minutes to get out of the stadium, then another pozy queue to bet across a foot bridge that straddles the canal to walk back to the car.

dont talk to me about security either....... we all queue'd and once the queueing area got swamped with peeps, the head of security just let everyone in, no checks, not scans nothing.
scans and checks and body frisking etc had been carried out up until that moment, then thousands get in withiut a single check..... even the initial ticket checks wer done away with, and we all headed to the tigth turnstiles, and into the ground for the , not quite Newcastle proportions, climb if 5 levels and squeezed into our seats. There were no security checks at all after this head of security chap, pulled his guys away. Talk about a lapse.

Now really, in this day and age, and in manchester, is this what we now expect from Old Trafford?

anyway, your turn as i'd be truly interested in your choice for worst ground to get into, and sit in?

cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 11:31 - Jun 18 with 2008 viewsCamberleyR

Isn't the SAF stand that big three tiered jobby? I think it was extended and modernised back in the late 90s. Surprised that that's got poor leg room tbh.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 11:39 - Jun 18 with 1975 viewsstevec

Worst ground for leg room surely has to be a straight fight between us and Luton Town away end.

That said, there's every chance Luton Town may have spent those years in the National League improving facilities for the fans.

Harrumph.
Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 12:57 - Jun 18 with 1839 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 11:39 - Jun 18 by stevec

Worst ground for leg room surely has to be a straight fight between us and Luton Town away end.

That said, there's every chance Luton Town may have spent those years in the National League improving facilities for the fans.

Harrumph.

I was just going to say Luton away end. Withdean stadium in Brighton was desperate. I seem to remember some parts of the Everton away end being a bit shite too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 13:02 - Jun 18 with 1832 viewsR_from_afar

I seem to remember Peterborough's ground being pretty awful on the legroom front. There can't be many grounds worse than Loftus Road for legroom, though, it is dreadful.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 13:15 - Jun 18 with 1784 viewsRangersDave

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 11:31 - Jun 18 by CamberleyR

Isn't the SAF stand that big three tiered jobby? I think it was extended and modernised back in the late 90s. Surprised that that's got poor leg room tbh.

Hi mate,

Yes it is and its atrocious.

For access in and out of the ground it is a liability, but seat width, distance to the seat in front you can only site down with your knees between the guys in front of you, and your legs tucked under you.
29 inch leg before anyone asks. so not a giant.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 13:41 - Jun 18 with 1712 viewsPeterHucker

Sounds absolutely terrible.

Not the leg room, I meant the music of Billy Joel.
Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 13:44 - Jun 18 with 1699 viewsloftboy

Pompeys legroom in the away end makes the paddocks seem like a first class airport lounge.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 16:17 - Jun 18 with 1551 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I found Villa Park very tight.

Ellerslie is the worst I've ever sat in. I jumped up and nearly ended up in the row in front. as the concrete is so narrow (infact I seem to recall by boot is bigger than the concrete! )

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 16:22 - Jun 18 with 1536 viewsWatford_Ranger

Worst Ground for leg room and access? on 11:39 - Jun 18 by stevec

Harrumph.

I could barely sit in the Luton away end aged about 9 for the 3-3 game. Nothing comes close- not even Ellerslie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024